PB 6.5.1 Desktop - Can't connect to ASA 7.0

Through PB 6.5.1 desktop, when trying to connect directly to SQL Anywhere
Adaptive Server v7.0, I get the error Invalid or unsupported datasource.  If
I try to use the compatibility library dbl50t.dll and connect to the ASA v7,
it causes a GPF in dblib7.dll.

An EXE compiled from 6.5.1 connects to the ASA v7.0 without a problem.  I
would just like to connect from within PB.

Any suggestions or updates available.  I believe the problem is PB is coded
to only allow connect to specific ODBC drivers and ASA is not one of them
but I need a work around or update.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Bandes

0
Jeff

You're correct in the cause of the problem.  PB 6 was released with
SQLAnywhere 5.0 and didn't support ASA 6.0 either at first.  A coding
change was made to support ASA 6, but now that there's ASA 7 the same
thing would need to be done.  Given the product timelines, there may
be reluctance in engineering to backpatch such an old version of PB,
but your only recourse in any event is to open an issue with support
and pursue it through those angles.  Be prepared to provide a business
case, specifically why you can't upgrade to PB 7 (which by the way
would have the same problem today!), so at the very least the outcome
of your issue would be a change to PB 7 desktop.

Jim O'Neil

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:23:46 -0700, "Jeff Bandes" <jbandes@home.com>
wrote:

>Through PB 6.5.1 desktop, when trying to connect directly to SQL Anywhere
>Adaptive Server v7.0, I get the error Invalid or unsupported datasource.  If
>I try to use the compatibility library dbl50t.dll and connect to the ASA v7,
>it causes a GPF in dblib7.dll.
>
>An EXE compiled from 6.5.1 connects to the ASA v7.0 without a problem.  I
>would just like to connect from within PB.
>
>Any suggestions or updates available.  I believe the problem is PB is coded
>to only allow connect to specific ODBC drivers and ASA is not one of them
>but I need a work around or update.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jeff Bandes

0