PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5

We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5.  PB 5.0 applications (both
PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch
jobs) have been running on them for a long time.  Native drivers are used.
I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them.

With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all
the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps.  On the third server, I
can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only.  When the apps
in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error
message:

"Unable to connect:  SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist.  General
network error.  Check your documentation."

The night job apps are the same on the three servers - only the database
and server names in the ini files differ.  So, for some reason, on one
server the client PCs can find the server, but PB 6.5 apps running on the
server itself can't find SQL (isql statements in the batch jobs work on all
three servers).

I looked at the Sybase Website and didn't see anything.  Any clues?  Thanks.

Don DiCristoforo
Cancer Prevention Research Center
University of Rhode Island

0
Don

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

Executing a MS SQL server 6.5 procedure with no result sets from PB 6.5...
Hi friends, I have a stored procedure created in MS SQL Server 6.5. The procedure has 4 arguments. The procedure will do some calculations & then finally will insert some data into a table. That's it. It won't return any resultset (no select statement). Now I need to execute the procedure from within a PB application(verion 6.5). Which is te best method for this. Dynamic SQL format 1/2/.... Thanks in advance. Thanks. Bye. With Regards, Jeinutheen Mohamed. In your PB script, declare the procedure : DECLARE sp_procedure PROCEDURE F...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PB 6.5 & MS SQL 6.5
This is probably an MS SQL issue but I figured it was worth presenting here for some possible insight. Any help is greatly appreciated. - I have two tables: BATCH & EMPLOYER_GROUP - BATCH is a child of EMPLOYER_GROUP - EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID is the primary key column in EMPLOYER_GROUP and a foreign key column in BATCH - The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column in BATCH may be null - There is current only one record in BATCH. The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column is null in that record. The following SELECT does not (in my opinion) work correctly: SELECT * FROM BATCH, EMPLOYER_GROUP ...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

connect pb10.5 to ms sql server 6.5
I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Native driver. It is still possible to connect but you will need alternate connectivity options such as ODBC or OLEDB. deucerider01 wrote: > I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it > possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? On Dec 8, 2:01=A0pm, "Chris Keating (Sybase iAnywhere)" <keating_nos...@sybase.com> wrote: > PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Nat...

PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL. Regards Chris Wilson chris.wilson@entex.com In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says... > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL > The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance release. I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5. WHat version of PB are you using? -- ...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

... sites must now be monitored. On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Miss Golden Globe role
requires showbiz connections
One constant about the Golden Globes (tonight at 8 on WHDH, Ch.

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...