PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5

Hi,

I tried to miograte our applications to PB6.5, all it's riht.  In
developpement mode, all it's ok.
I do the excutable OK.
I launch it : ERROR, call settrans object ....Datawindow information, not
available !!
I recompile the exe with trace mode and a lot of messages boxes to see if
the SQLCA transaction, it's ok.
I launch, transaction it's ok, I get the error message, the trace file is
empty !!!

What 's wrong doctor ?

Could you give me some help ?
fred

0
Mas

Have you dynamically assigned the datawindow object - e.g.,
dw_1.DataObject='d_mydatawindow'?  If so, d_mydatawindow needs to be in a
DLL/PBD or specified in a PBR file to be included in the executable.  This
would have been the case in 5.0.02 as well, so unless your project has
changed, I'm not sure why you would be seeing this problem just show up now.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
jim.oneil@sybase.com

Mas Fr�d�ric wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to miograte our applications to PB6.5, all it's riht.  In
> developpement mode, all it's ok.
> I do the excutable OK.
> I launch it : ERROR, call settrans object ....Datawindow information, not
> available !!
> I recompile the exe with trace mode and a lot of messages boxes to see if
> the SQLCA transaction, it's ok.
> I launch, transaction it's ok, I get the error message, the trace file is
> empty !!!
>
> What 's wrong doctor ?
>
> Could you give me some help ?
> fred

0
Jim
8/18/1998 1:00:18 PM
Hi Jim,
All My dynamic DW are declared in appropriate PBR.
In PB 5.0.02, Exe work very fine

thanks
Fred

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] a �crit dans le message
<35D97AE2.402729DB@sybase.com>...
>Have you dynamically assigned the datawindow object - e.g.,
>dw_1.DataObject='d_mydatawindow'?  If so, d_mydatawindow needs to be in a
>DLL/PBD or specified in a PBR file to be included in the executable.  This
>would have been the case in 5.0.02 as well, so unless your project has
>changed, I'm not sure why you would be seeing this problem just show up
now.

>Jim O'Neil
>Sybase Technical Support
>jim.oneil@sybase.com
>
>Mas Fr�d�ric wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to miograte our applications to PB6.5, all it's riht.  In
>> developpement mode, all it's ok.
>> I do the excutable OK.
>> I launch it : ERROR, call settrans object ....Datawindow information, not
>> available !!
>> I recompile the exe with trace mode and a lot of messages boxes to see if
>> the SQLCA transaction, it's ok.
>> I launch, transaction it's ok, I get the error message, the trace file is
>> empty !!!
>>
>> What 's wrong doctor ?
>>
>> Could you give me some help ?
>> fred

0
Mas

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

apo_control from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5
I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not work in PB 6.5. It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that was basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden. The problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects. Since going to 6.5 it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should be 3 and it is only reporting 1)??? The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in circles when I try to locate the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Tom, Have you looked into the logical unit of work servi...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migrating from PB v5 to v5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03.
Hello, 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support? I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering requests via Query Builder yields nothing. Thank you very much. Deborah (Information Products Group) Deborah Blakeney wrote: > > Hello, > > 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate > from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can > anyone offer advice? Do the...

where I can find patch for PB 5.0 or PB 6.5
To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load the patch. Kindly advice NNM softwarexpress.sybase.com. Only for 6.5 though (the 6.5.1 maintenance release). There's nothing that can be done for PB 5.x. On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:57:23 +0530, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity N N Mathur <uspl@mantraonline.com> wrote: >To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load >the patch. >Kindly advice > >NNM > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.c...

SQLANY50 error after upgraded from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5
Hello, I upgraded my application which use SQLANY50+WIN98 from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5. Everything was ok in the PB 6.5 IDE. But when I compiled it to EXE and ran it on the same PC, the following error message appeared: "999: DBMS ODBC SQL ANYWHERE 5.0 is not supported in your current installation". and, the EXE of PB5.0 runs ok. How to do? Thanks. Dong Zuming This is likely a pathing issue. There's a faxline document available at support.sybase.com entitled 'Resolving DBMS xxx is not supported..." that should help you out. Jim O'Neil Syb...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Web resources about - PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Botafogo Futebol Clube (PB) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Botafogo Futebol Clube , usually known as Botafogo , or as Botafogo da Paraíba , is a Brazilian football club from João Pessoa , Paraíba state ...

Scaling the Facebook Data Warehouse to 300 PB
... At Facebook, we have unique storage scalability challenges when it comes to our data warehouse. Our warehouse stores upwards of 300 PB of Hive ...

PB Wolf (@OleHippieChick) on Twitter

Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

PB Visa Gold Credit Card - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first credit card - Public Bank Visa Gold My First Credit Card: PB Visa Gold

YouTube - 7.00!!! OMG!!! NEW PB! OMG!! OMG!!! SO CLOSE TO SIX!! OOMMGG!!!
Hochgeladen am 12.10.2008 Official OMG Skrillex T-Shirts are available at SkrillexMerch.com. Check them out! This special video has been featured ...

Canberra's Zoe Buckman sets 1500m PB
Canberra's Zoe Buckman set a PB in the 1500m at the Diamond League meet in Oregon on Saturday.

Pacific Basin puts PB Towage up for sale
PACIFIC Basin Shipping says it has hired Citigroup to find buyers for its tug business PB Towage, which operates in Australia, Southeast Asia ...

Review: Aukey’s 12,000mAh PB-N28 is the $25 battery that fully refills any current iPad
Last month, budget charging accessory maker Aukey released PB-N30 , the first external battery with a female Lightning recharging port. For only ...

Chill Out With PB And J In Polar Bowler, A Bowling Game Like No Other
PB and J are back in a brand new game for Apple’s iOS called Polar Bowler . The new app, which promises gamers a bowling game like no other, ...