PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)

We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance.  Both are
16 bit.  We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release).
Everything has been fine.

We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server
for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version
of PB5.0.  The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server."

In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error
message involving sp_cursorfetch.

Does this rings any bells with anyone?  Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) I
need on the clients or is this a bug in Service Pack 5 that I just don't
happen to know about.  Something else?

Thanks.  Don DiCristoforo ddi5778@postoffice.uri.edu

0
Don

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL. Regards Chris Wilson chris.wilson@entex.com In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says... > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL > The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance release. I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5. WHat version of PB are you using? -- ...

Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a, I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder 5.0. And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table, PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and nothing be retrieved. sander_han@hotmail.com This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is required for Y2K. A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it is imminent. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com A-B-C wrote: > After I upgraded my MS...

MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x
Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table ? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg ("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when trying to connect to a db. Scott...... The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog tables. Mickey pottsgf@swbell.net >Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table >? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4
hi, after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after "Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0. database consist of 3 files: db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes no LOG file accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows <-- can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine ==========...

Identity Column
Using PB 5.0 and MS SQL 6.5 After an embeded Insert Statement, I use the following to get the value assigned by the Identity column : INT emp_id DECLARE get_value DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT @@identity"; OPEN DYNAMIC get_value ; FETCH get_value INTO :emp_id ; CLOSE get_value; The emp_id returned seems to always be NULL. It is supposed to be the last (autoincrement) number assigned to the record inserted into the Employees table. Does anyone know why I am getting a NULL instead of a real value? The column is defined as an Identity in ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

Cannot use SQl Sample Database 5.0 after updating to 6.5 PB... pls help
Please help. What is going on ? This is the errors DBENG50 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff9d709. Registers: EAX=c00300ec CS=0177 EIP=bff9d709 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=00000005 SS=017f ESP=0060feb4 EBP=00610150 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00610238 FS=4ee7 EDX=00000028 ES=017f EDI=00610254 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 dc 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89 Stack dump: Is it possible that the 5.0 database was upgraded? I'm just thinking out loud here.... I can't think of a reason that the PB 6.5 upgrade would cause the SQL Anywhere db engi...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Web resources about - PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5) - sybase.powerbuilder.database

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Melbourne heatwave: Emergency services on high alert as Victoria braces for season's worst fire weather ...
Authorities announce a total fire ban across Victoria on Saturday, as Melbourne experiences temperatures all over the place.

China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues
Zee News China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues Rethink Research (subscription) Many large mobile operators ...

Target reportedly developing its own Apple Pay-like mobile wallet service
American retail chain Target is said to be developing its own mobile payment service that would compete with Apple Pay , according to the latest ...

Target is taking on Apple Pay with its own mobile wallet service
... Of course, we’ll keep you posted with further information as we receive it. Target is taking on Apple Pay with its own mobile wallet service ...

Growth in Service PMI Shrinks Sharply
On Friday, the PMI Flash Services reading registered growth that fell sharply, not only well below the Econoday Consensus estimate of 56.1, but ...

2015’s top e-learning and web services offers at Cult of Mac Deals
‘Tis the season to take advantage of soon-to-end deals, and boy have we got some good ones. These are the top five deals of the year on comprehensive ...

The Beatles may hit streaming music services by Christmas
The Beatles haven't exactly been in a rush to embrace the online music world there's iTunes, Rock Band and that's about it. However, they might ...

IBM Takes on AT&T Managed Application, Hosting Services
AT&T’s networking, security and mobility solutions coupled with IBM Cloud offers companies a fully managed IT environment.

For Customer Service Success, 'People Are Our Greatest Resource' Better Not Be Lip Service
... most important resource,” is the most cynical of platitudes, ignored as openly as, say, “Safety is our first priority.” But in a customer service-intensive ...