PB 10.5 with MS SQL Server 2008

Later next year, we are looking to upgrade our SQL Server 2005 databases to
SQL Server 2008.  We are currently using PowerBuilder 10.5.  Will this
version of PowerBuilder work with SQL Server 2008?  Note: we use ODBC for
our connection to database.

Thanks.
Linda Butler

0
Linda

Hi Linda;

    In my experience with SS2008 thus far - the ODBC connectivity from
10.5.2 works the same as SS2005. For SNC access though, I had to use PB
11.5's newer driver for proper interoperability.

HTH

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

"Linda Butler" <lbutler@idoc.state.il.us> wrote in message
> Later next year, we are looking to upgrade our SQL Server 2005 databases
> to SQL Server 2008.  We are currently using PowerBuilder 10.5.  Will this
> version of PowerBuilder work with SQL Server 2008?  Note: we use ODBC for
> our connection to database.
>
> Thanks.
> Linda Butler

0
Chris

Porting Code From PB 10.5 + Adaptive Server as Back End TO PB 10.5 + MS Sql Server as Back End.
Hi All I have been trying to get the Date part of the value of a datetime data field & can not work out the logic in MS SQL. My Original Query (as in Adaptive Server) Looks as Follows: dSelectedDate = Today() SELECT IsNull ( Sum ( ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") + ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") * ("saletax"."tax" / 100)), 0 ) INTO...

PB 10.5 and MS SQL Server 2008
Hi folks, having no experience using MS SQL server I wonder hor to connect PB 10.5 IDE and applications to a MS SQL Server 2008 database? Found MDAC and installed it but what are the next steps? Something special to install from the PB CD? What exactly is the SQL Server 2008 client software? Cannot find something to download and install. TIA Chris Werner Here's the ODBC vs OLEDB ways that our PB10 application uses to connect to any MSS db. (DBParm all one one line) [Profile MSS_OLEDB_Sample] ; where <driver> is one of; ; 2008 native client SQLNCLI10 ...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

PB 10.5 and MS SQL Server
I'm trying to convert an 8.0 PB app to 10.5. I'm getting errors because I don't have a MS SQL Server connection. It's not listed as an installed DB interface like it was in 8.0. How can I fox this? > I'm trying to convert an 8.0 PB app to 10.5. I'm getting > errors because I don't have a MS SQL Server connection. > It's not listed as an installed DB interface like it was > in 8.0. How can I fox this? I do not believe that PB 10.5 supports or has any Microsoft native drivers. I think using an odbc connection is going to be your best bet....

PB 11.5 and SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2008
Upgrading from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5 Database is MS SQL Server 2000 compatability level is 80 Has anyone had any issues or know of any issues with PB 11.5 (3050) and MS SQL Server 2000 or MS SQL 2008? We are looking to upgrade from SQL 2000 while upgrading PB 11.5. Originally upgraing SQl Server to SQl Server 2005 but since SQL Server 2008 is out we are exploring to upgrade to the latest SQL Server. Any info will help. Thanks, Tom Rundo ...

Powerbuilder 10.5
I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current installation." Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use OLEDB Drivers for this ? try using this... SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL Server;Database=dbname'" hope this help mike <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase....

MS SQL Server native driver for PB 10.5
Any one has any idea on this? Do we have a MS SQL Server native driver for PB 10.5? If not what are the alternatives - other than ODBC? Thanks Oledb. Example: // Profile Ties_Test SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = <*********> SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = True SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='CFOLDBS2',PROVIDERSTRING='Database=TIES_TEST;PBTrimCharColumns='Yes',StripParmNames=''" -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sy...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Calling Stored Proc in MS SQl Server 2005 from PB 10.5.1
ALL: The stored procedure has the OUTPUT parameter defined in it. When it is getting executed the values are not passed back to PB. Please any help is appreciated.Hope a member from Teamsybase will address it. function long sp_Upload_MCCS(int agi_center_id,long agl_campaign_id,ref string messg_text) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "dbo.sp_Upload_MCCS" li_ret_fetch = lnvo_tr.sp_Upload_MCCS(gi_center,ll_campaign_id,ls_messg) Is there any parameter need to be setup. I am using OLEDB to connect to DB. tr.DbParm="PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='" + servername+ &...

How do you setup a database connection profile for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 in PB 10.5?
Sorry for my ignorance. tia, chance. ok just answered my own question http://chance.pbdjmagazine.com/how_to_connect_to_microsoft_sql_server_2000.htm "chance" <chance@crwmail.com> wrote in message news:44314cc9@forums-2-dub... > Sorry for my ignorance. > tia, > chance. > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C65723.A16C77B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question though, what is the proper value for Provider MSDASQL seems t...

sql express 2008 database to sql server 2008 database what bits do I need to download
I need a client program for my pc so I can put my sql express 2008 database on a sql server 2008.  My SQL server is off on some generic web host. I tried management studio 2005 express version won't open my .mdf file but it opens my web host database. I tried to download full version of sql server 2008 but couldn't find the management studio program in the download.    Is there a trial or a preview I can download from microsoft that has the bits? Thanks Dan. I don't ask many questions but I'm trying to partisipate in this community.Good Luc...

Web resources about - PB 10.5 with MS SQL Server 2008 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

CTERA Unveils Server Data Protection for Enterprise CloudOps
The data protection solution evolves the backup capabilities developed as part of the company’s Enterprise File Services Platform.