ORACLE Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder

I am trying to pass a dynamic procedure name and dynamic number of arguments
to a DECLARE and EXECUTE (procedurename) statement within Powerbuilder 6.5.
The name and number of arguments are stored on a table and they are
syntactically extracted into variables.  Any suggestions?

0
Patrick

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Executing oracle stored procedure in powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

Executing oracle stored procedures from powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

Using Oracle Stored Procedures in Powerbuilder
I need to populate a datawindow using an Oracle stored procedure. I went through various faxline documents and found that the PBDBMS.put_line option was not useful in my case, as I was going to return multiple result sets based on cursor processing. I took the suggested option of creating a package which had a stored procedure which was returning various output variables of type table. The output variables correspond to each column of the datawindow. I will have to define the procedure as an RPC in the transaction object. I am having a problem with this. When I go into Local external f...

Executing oracle stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

PowerBuilder 8 and Oracle 8 Stored Procedure Datawindow
I worked many years with Sql Server and it was easy to do, but I don't know how to do in Oracle: How a Oracle 8 Stored Procedure can return to PowerBuilder 8 the result of a query or a recordset (in Sql Server is as easy as put a select sentence at the end of the procedure). I don't want to use temporary tables for a concurrence issue. Can anyone give me a help? Thanks in advance, Ra�l La Torre You need a REF CURSOR. See enclosed datawindow examples. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product ...

PowerBuilder can't see changed Oracle stored procedure
We have inherited a PowerBuilder 5 application using an Oracle 7.3 database; however, the problem also occurs under PowerBuilder 7 with the same database. The application references a number of Oracle Stored Procedures; this works fine. However, one procedure needed updating. If you make the change by viewing and editing the SQL code in Oracle's Schema Manager the new version is found. But if we make the change by running an SQL script to "CREATE OR REPLACE" the procedure, PowerBuilder compiles OK but falls over at run time. If we add a new stored procedure, PowerBuilde...

PowerBuilder 10.5 & Oracle stored procedure
Dear All, Previously I did posted two problems regarding stored procedure with powerbuilder 10.5. During that time people gave different suggestions. But no one agreed that same issue simulated. But here is my observation: PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4500 Oracle database Server: 9.2.0.1.0 Oracle Client installed 9.2.0.1.0 Driver used: "O90" or "O84" When I try to declare a procedure variable for a stored procedure in PB or If I select a stored procedure as data source for DW, the application getting killed. But the same works fine in the following environme...

DB2 V4 STORED STORED PROCEDURE AND POWERBUILDER
I have finally been able to call a stored procedure written in cobol from powerbuilder 6. But I still got some problem . The call will work only if I initialize the output parameter to space (80) because the output parameter of the stored procedure is char(80) . Here is a sample that works. string ls_literal_OUTMSGF string ls_literal_RQT Ls_literal_RQT = 'I' ls_literal_OUTMSGF = space(80) SQLCA.TESTPROC (ls_literal_RQT, ls_literal_OUTMSGF ) If I initialize the output variable like the following statements. It bombs.(communication error) setnull ( ls_literal_OUTMSGF...

PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN'
Hi, I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure 'update_status' in the package pkg_test. Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD' Here is the signnature of the procedure. pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD varchar2, EEE boolean default false)=91 and the way of calling this procedure is pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE) The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQ...

Stored procedure in powerbuilder
hi there could anyone help me on how to define a transaction userobject to hold all my SP on sybase system12 to be controled and managed in easy way thanks in advance Barents/KPMG Waleed Seada Create a new object inherited from a standard transaction object. You can define local external RPC functions on this object and use the stored procedures there. Use this object instead of the standard transaction object for SQLCA. Then, you can call your stored procedures like: SQLCA.proc_stored_procedure (ll_argument1, ll_argument2, ...) HTH "Waleed Seada" <w...

Stored procedure from PowerBuilder...
Cheers all! I'm developing a small aplication using SQL Anywhere. I have a huge stored procedure with a lot of INSERT statements. How can I check from PowerBuilder if they all succeeded? I assume that DECLARE statement must have an information of the return parameter , but I don't know how to handle it. Anyone knows the answer? Please don't cross post your questions. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000 http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000 Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/m...

Stored procedure in powerbuilder
I'm having trouble using a stored procedure in Powerbuilder. I'm trying to create a datawindow based on the stored procedure sa_conn_info, but when I select the stored procedure initially in the design of the DW the database-server crashes. Any ideas? -- I'm using Powerbuilder 5.0.02 32bit Database: Sql Anywhere 5.5 OS: Windows 95 Jan Erik Hermansen Norway -- ------ I'm using Powerbuilder 5.0.02 32bit Database: Sql Anywhere 5.5 OS: Windows 95 Jan Erik Hermansen Norway Jan Erik Hermansen wrote: > I'm having trouble using a stored proc...

Stored procedure in powerbuilder
hi there could anyone help me on how to define a transaction userobject to hold all my SP on sybase system12 to be controled and managed in easy way thanks in advance Barents/KPMG Waleed Seada Create a new object inherited from a standard transaction object. You can define local external RPC functions on this object and use the stored procedures there. Use this object instead of the standard transaction object for SQLCA. Then, you can call your stored procedures like: SQLCA.proc_stored_procedure (ll_argument1, ll_argument2, ...) HTH "Waleed Seada" <w...

Web resources about - ORACLE Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles