Oracle SP call, passing INOUT String array, nulls ?

Anyone have an idea for either a workaround or explanation for the
following:  I've got an SP that accepts an unbounded string array as an
INOUT argument -- when passing a 'full' array, where every element has
at least one character, the procedure works properly.  However, when
passing an array that has one or more nulls as elements, the call fails
with no explicit warnings or errors.  (BTW, I'm calling this within an
EAServer PB Component).

The SP works when called from PL/SQL, null elements or not.  It appears
that PB won't (can't?) send an array of strings when one or more
elements are null.  Can anyone please confirm this behaviour as normal,
or is there a decent workaround?

TIA

Glenn
0
Glenn

How to pass string array to oracle function?
I need to call oracle function that takes a string array (table of varchar2) as one of the parameters. This is oracle 8, i am trying to find a way with oledb or oracleclient but cannot find any type in .net to support it. Is it possible? Has anybody tried it? Thanks. This is handled on the Oracle side The key here is declaring a create or replace type myTableType as table of varchar2 (255); / create or replace function in_list( p_string in varchar2 ) return myTableType as l_string long default p_string || ','; ...

Passing string array to oracle function?
I need to call oracle function that takes a string array (table of varchar2) as one of the parameters. This is oracle 8, i am trying to find a way with oledb or oracleclient but cannot find any type in .net to support it. Is it possible? Has anybody tried it? Thanks. I am also looking to do almost the same thing. oo4o and ASP classic have a method called parameters.AddTable which is not there in OracleClient ans ASP.NET. I have to pass a paramater as an Array to a Stored Procedure that I am calling from my ASP.NET page. In VB 6.0 with oo4o it is possible like following: pconn...

SP/Oracle Passing Nulls with Ref Cursor
It seems that when I pass a NULL into a stored procedure (package) that I get an Oracle error. (Numeric type mismatch). Has anyone else tried passing NULL's through the datawindow using the reference cursor syntax? Peter Kellner wrote: > > It seems that when I pass a NULL into a stored procedure (package) > that I get an Oracle error. (Numeric type mismatch). Has anyone else > tried passing NULL's through the datawindow using the reference > cursor syntax? This may be bug 474854 which is a problem with passing a NULL to a date. Contact tech support if y...

Passing Structure from PowerBuilder to Oracle SP/SF
Hi, i'm using PowerBuilder 7, i'm trying to pass a structure from powerbuilder to Oracle StoreProcedure or Function as parameter by creating the same structure as object type in Oracle. But it won't works. In my external functions I have my proc declaration: SUBROUTINE sp_name (s_test parm1) RPCFUNC alias for "dbo.sp_name" with s_test as for example : global type s_test from structure string no_rek string nama_rek end type Is it impossible to do that? is there a way of doing it? Thanks -Faishal- You might want to refer to a section of the o...

Pass string array to oracle stored procedure.
Hi there, Am trying to pass a string array to an ORACLE 8i stored procedure, I have tested the procedure on the server and know it works, PB7 is giving me any error though when trying to save ; 'variable reference in database statement has unsupported data type' My PB code is; dec{0} ld_sys_ed_key STRING lsa_inp_key[],lsa_inp_val[] //Initialise lsa_inp_key[1] = '1900000137' lsa_inp_key[2] = '1900000139' lsa_inp_val[1] = 'ORCLEVAL' lsa_inp_val[2] = 'YES' ld_sys_ed_key = 0123456789 DECLARE insert_into_system_inputs PROCEDURE FOR ...

calling by reference and passing string array from Dynamo to Jaguar
I saw some articles in this news group about calling by reference and passing string array from Dynamo to Jaguar using Dave Wold's JavaWrappers.ssc. When I tested them, all of them didn't work. I found a mistake about calling by reference. -------------------------------------- Dave Wolf's codes. var user = document.value.user var password = document.value.password var passkey = "" userLogonStatus = comp.of_login (user, password, passkey) holder = java.CreateObject("org.omg.CORBA.StringHolder","passkey"); ...

help on passing an array of strings to my page method thru a remote call
I am doing a AJAX remote call to a page method (what a brilliant technologie) and I want to pass back to the server an array of strings. I know how to build the array on the client and pass it to the remote function, but then on the server how do I receive that array of string? as an array or a list?   That depends on the type of the parameter you use, if you use List<string> you will get a list.If this post helped you please remember to set it as Answer so it can help others....

Powerbuilder and database array fetching / array inserts
What I understand from the documentation, Powerbuilder supports array fetching when you issue a SELECT query. The size of this "array" can be changed by setting the DBParm parameter BLOCK (we have an Oracle db) But what about array inserts? Does Powerbuilder support this if you are using bindvariables? I mean, if you have a datawindow (rows with NewModified! status), does the dw.Update() then produce one Insert command and send all the inserted values in an array to the database, or (what I suspect) will there be an insert command (sent over the network) for every row in th...

Passing string array or number array to a nested report
I would like to pass a number array to a nested report. The where clause of the nested report is composed of an instruction IN = like this one : WHERE seq_app IN (:a_arg) where a_arg is the number array (or string array). when I preview the result in the datawindow of the nested report, this = works well but when I want to preview the result of the datawindow which = contains the nested, that doesn't work ... a message like this appear : = retrieve argument 5 doesn't match expected type ... is it possible to pass an array to a nested report, and how ? thanks. ...

how to pass a SP parameters w/o calling the sp?
MY DBA wrote a trigger, that upon hitting the delete button for a payment, the payment would be transferred to another table and the trigger would call a sp as well. since the trigger is calling the sp, I should only supply the parameters. How do you do that w/o calling the procedure? The trigger only has the contents of the inserted and deleted tables available to it. You would need to pass in the parameters to the first SP, then use that in the update/delete so that they would be available to the trigger. I would just build the trigger as another SP and call it if appropri...

How to pass a array of values from one aspx page to other (string array)
 Hi everyone I have a array of strings in a page which is a string array i need to pass all the values of that array to other page while i am redirecting to the new page i need to have acces to that page can anyone please help me out in this issue  Store the array in a session in the first page and access it from the second.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. There are numerous ways: !) Store it in data cache 2)Store it in Session 3)If the data is in a datasource, you could have it posted to the new page and that page could have access to the previ...

POWERBUILDER/ORACLE SP
I AM HAVING UPDATE ORACLE FROM STORED PROCEDURE PROBLEM FROM WHITHIN A POWERBUILDER. IT JUST DOES NOT GET EXECUTED IT. IF ANYONE COULD E-MAIL ME A SAMPLE OF YOUR DECLARE AND EXECUTE CODE FROM POWRBUILDER? THANKS On Thu, 09 Oct 1997 14:01:33 -0400, "The Kinetic Group" <vdykman@kineticgroup.com> wrote: >I AM HAVING UPDATE ORACLE FROM STORED PROCEDURE PROBLEM FROM WHITHIN A >POWERBUILDER. IT JUST DOES NOT GET EXECUTED IT. IF ANYONE COULD E-MAIL ME A >SAMPLE OF YOUR DECLARE AND EXECUTE CODE FROM POWRBUILDER? >THANKS Are you asking how to update oracle thr...

Pass arrays to Oracle
I am passing PowerBuilder string-arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures, and receiving the array in procedure via PL/SQL tables. I am pre-populating the array in PB using SPACE function. What I want to know is are there any LIMITATIONS using the PB-array & Oracle PL/SQL tables? any help appreciated. We use this method extensively on PB 6.5.1, O7 and 8i, no problems yet. The largest array I am sure of is 765 [one per day for current month and a year each way]. seeker wrote in message ... >I am passing PowerBuilder string-arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures, and >receivi...

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

Web resources about - Oracle SP call, passing INOUT String array, nulls ? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Passing off - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Facebook Gets Passing Grade From Irish Agency Audit - AllFacebook
Facebook received its report card in the form of a detailed audit by the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, and its grades were ...

Whether passing the 9/11 Health Bill,... - Kirsten Gillibrand - Facebook
Whether passing the 9/11 Health Bill, repealing DADT, or my call to action for women, I have always urged New Yorkers to make their voices heard. ...

The Repubs are tempting fate, trying to allocate blame for Obama's loss in November. Obviously it's a little presumptuous. If Romney wins, it's ...

Scripting News: People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing.
People are asking about the history of RSS today because of Aaron's passing. In April 2004 I put together a timeline of the various specs that ...

AfroCat ◆ Cute and free pet game ◆ Perfect for passing the time! on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about AfroCat ◆ Cute and free pet game ◆ Perfect for passing the time!. ...

walmart donated a palette of water. everyone was great about passing the bottles back
Explore pinguino's photos on Flickr. pinguino has uploaded 16442 photos to Flickr.

Astronauts Mark Leonard Nimoy’s Passing - YouTube
NASA Astronaut Mike Fincke and ESA European Space Agency Astronaut Luca Parmitano reflect on the inspiration that actor Leonard Nimoy’s character ...

UAE remembers Zayed 10 years after his passing
Several activities will be taking place on Ramadan 19th marking the 10th anniversary of Sheikh Zayed’s passing.

Should IVF be used to avoid passing on mutations?
Should IVF be used to avoid passing on mutations?