Oracle/Powerbuilder connection solution (ORA-12203/12154/03121)

If you're getting one of these messages:
  ORA-12203 TNS:unable to connect to destination
  ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name
  ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

Then, go to my website for a possible solution.

http://members.aol.com:/redravenproducts/private/index.htm

I hope this solves the problem for some.
.... Red Raven

0
Mr

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Powerbuilder 10 oracle connect error: ORA-01950: no priveledges on tablespace 'USERS'

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

connect Oracle in PowerBuilder
Dear friends, When I connect to Oracle in PowerBuilder it give me error SQLSTATE = S1000 (Oracle) ODBC Oracle Driver)(Oracle OCT) ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve service name. Above error I never hed problem to connect but today I have error to connect. If you are using: servername= @TNS:ServiceName then the service name must appear in your tns services file: tnsnames.ora search for that file and be sure your service name appears there. Regards, John Olson [TeamPS] john.olson@bigfoot.com Developower, Inc. developower@bigf...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

test DBD::Oracle DBI connect('','user/password@database',...) failed: ORA-12154
--0-621501335-1235620987=:55352 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii I can connect to the database using sqlplus as user oracle, but not as root. I can compile DBD::Oracle but not complete the test. I tried to set variables properly: ORACLE_HOME=/u/oracle/10.2.0 ORACLE_HOST=hostname ORACLE_PORT=1522 ORACLE_SID=databasename ORACLE_USERID=user/password@databasename PATH=/u/oracle/10.2.0/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin PWD=/usr/src/pub/dbd-oracle/DBD-Oracle-1.22 TNS_ADMIN=/u/or...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

How to connect PowerBuilder to Oracle 11g and which PB version suppports oracle 11g?
Hi All, Please tell me how to connect PowerBuilder to Oracle 11g and which PB version suppports oracle 11g? Currently i am using Power Builder version 9. Thanks Mukul Hi Mukul; FYI: PB version 11.5 and higher has support for the new native O11g driver. You can still use older versions of PB that use the O10g driver over to 11g - but, you will be restricted to 10g functionality. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "mukul" <mukul.trivedi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3f291629-08c6-446a-8c81...

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

Web resources about - Oracle/Powerbuilder connection solution (ORA-12203/12154/03121) - sybase.powerbuilder.database