Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem

I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle
database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after
I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the
local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the
same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector
to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed
at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database?

ykzhang

What are you using as your servername string?
Is your tnsnames.ora file still correct, or was it wiped out by the Oracle 8
install?

--
Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

ykzhang wrote in message <35D8D33B.AFD2974C@usa.net>...
>I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle
>database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after
>I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the
>local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the
>same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector
>to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed
>at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database?
>
>Thanks

0
Terry
8/18/1998 6:40:40 PM
The servername string is: @TNS:PROD7(prod7 is the Oracle 7.1.4 database server
name). My tnsnames.ora file is still there, nothing changed. I can connect to
Oracle 7.1.4 using SQL Plus 3.3.
Now I changed the primary oracle home to DEFAULT_HOME,   which is located at
C:\ORAWIN95 using Oracle Home Selector, but it still goes to start the Oracle8
local database. I tried to uninstall personal Oracle8, then everything is fine.
I also checked the PATH, after reinstall it. I see current path is:
C:\ORAWIN95\bin  and C:\ORA8WIN\BIN (the directory where I installed Personal
Oracle8 ), then I tried not to point to C:\ORA8WIN\BIN at AUTOEXEC.BAT file, the

connection went to the remote Oracle 7.1.4 database, but a strange error
occurred. "ORA-00019 maximum number of session licenses exceeded". When I used
SQL Plus 3.3 to connect to Oracle 7.1.4, I had the same error message. After I
add the Path  C:\ORA8WIN\BIN at AUTOEXEC.BAT file, everything goes back. Does
this mean PowerBuilder always goes to the local database first?

Thanks for your help!

Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] wrote:

> What are you using as your servername string?
> Is your tnsnames.ora file still correct, or was it wiped out by the Oracle 8
> install?
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
>
> ykzhang wrote in message <35D8D33B.AFD2974C@usa.net>...
> >I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle
> >database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after
> >I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the
> >local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the
> >same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector
> >to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed
> >at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database?
> >
> >Thanks

0
ykzhang
8/19/1998 1:08:57 AM

Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] wrote:

> What are you using as your servername string?
> Is your tnsnames.ora file still correct, or was it wiped out by the Oracle 8
> install?
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
>
> ykzhang wrote in message <35D8D33B.AFD2974C@usa.net>...
> >I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle
> >database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after
> >I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the
> >local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the
> >same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector
> >to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed
> >at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database?
> >
> >Thanks

0
ykzhang

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

DBD::Oracle (perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12, Solaris 8) make problems (fprintf)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html Any suggestions appreciated. I'm assuming since the perl Makefile.PL ran clean, I'm using kosher Oracle libraries (binaries worked with Perl 5.6.0). Thanks, Dave S. Appended output of (in order): make output perl Makefile.PL perl -V gcc -v >make gcc -c -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms /public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/plsql/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/net work/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0....

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

Build recipe -- HPUX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit, perl-5.8.0, DBD -Oracle-1.12
Hi, I spent some considerable time attempting to get DBD::Oracle working and wanted to share the solution in hopes of helping fellow travelers. Here are the details of the environment: HPUX 11.0 Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit perl-5.8.0 DBI-1.30 DBD-Oracle-1.12 Using the following HP ANSI C compiler per swlist: B3901BA B.11.02.04 HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.00 (S800) Build procedure: * Build Perl taking the defaults except for: * Add "-lcl -lpthread " at the begging of the list in response to the question "What...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 5.0 & Oracle 8.0 Connectivity
Hi, Can you tell us how PB 5.0 can be connected to Oracle 8.0 through native database connectivity.Our PB 5.0 CD does not have the Oracle 8.0 native drivers. Amit Dasgupta There is a beta OR8 driver. I think it was part of PB5.0.04. Stick with the O73 driver though. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. See you at Techwave 99: http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave99/ Amit C. Dasgupta wrote in message <37A129F3.7C34@bgl.vsnl.net.in>... >Hi, > >Can you tell us how PB 5.0 can be connected to Oracle 8.0 through >native database connecti...

perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12 make problems (fprintf errors)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at=20 http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html perl Makefile.PL works fine, DBD-Oracle built fine for perl 5.6.0. gcc -v yields: Reading specs from /share/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-as=3D/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=3D/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls Thread model: posix gcc version 3.2 Any suggestions appreciated. I'm not very familiar with the Solaris build environment, so I'm probably missing something obvious. Thanks,=20 Dave S. A...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & Oracle 8.0.5
I am using PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise(EA Studio 3.0) with Oracle 8.0.5 using PB 7.0's Native Database interface and through ODBC on Win - NT/Win 98. Now I am facing one serious problem regarding Datawindow. When I try to create Group DW through SQL Select, Datawindow gets created successfully but if I try to change the height of Header/Footer Band then PB immediately crashes displaying "Invalid page fault ..", sometimes PB crashes on moving data elements also. But if I connect to Adaptive Server then it works. I could not make out why this happens. Please help me out M...

Oracle 8.0.4 & PB 7.0
Please Help. We are using PB 7.0.1 & PBO8470.dll Orcale and PB are on the Same machine. We can connect, but we are able to comple scripts with faulty embedded SQL. It is like the database is not being checked for valid tables. This makes us concerned that we not using the right DLL. tia. Alla While this may not be desired behavior, it is intended. PowerBuilder avoids actually executing statements where ever possible because of the obvious unintended effects. It checks to see if the statement is syntactically correct only. Elizabeth <MissSanity@hotmail.com> wro...

PB 7.0.3 Build 10108 connect problems to Oracle 8.1.7
I am trying to run an application that I migrated to PB 7.0.3 from PB 6.5 using an Oracle 8.1.7 database. I can connect to the database through all normal means (SQL Worksheet, SQL Plus, Powerbuilder Database Painter, previewing data windows, etc) but when I run the application I receive an error "999 DBMS is not supported in your current installation" after issuing the "Connect using SQLCA" statement. I have checked all things such as 1. Installed Oracle 8.1.7 client software in location on hard drive and made sure it was the only Oracle location refer...

PB 6.0 to Oracle 8.0.5 Connection Problem
I am using PB 6.0 with the Oracle8 beta driver to develop an application that is using the Oracle8 BLOB datatype. I can connect OK via the Database Painter, but when I try to test the application and attempt to connect, I get the following message: "ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator Please see the system administrator" I can connect to the Oracle8 backend OK with the 073 version of the driver, but this will not let me used the SELECTBLOB statement to retrieve the BLOB columns, I get the following error: "READBLOB/WRITEBLOB is valid for only VARRAW, RA...

Connecting PB 7.0.2 to Oracle 8.0.4
Present environment: WINNT, PB 7.0.2. attempting to access an Oracle 8.0.4 db Just migrated an application from PB5.0.3 to 7.0.2., using Oracle 7.3 - now, have to upgrade the db; company has purchased Oracle 8.0.4 - cannot connect to Ora 8.0.4 using PB Profile for Oracle 8.0.4, but must use DB Profile in PB for Oracle 7.3 - in running my application, I can connect and log on but immediately get a dialog box, asking for a Data Source, what I'm used to seeing if I was attempting to connect thru ODBC, which I'm not. No matter what I input here, the dialog box disappears, a...

Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB
Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? Thank you very much in advance. -- John Fotiadis Direct +30 94-464225 Senior Systems Engineer Relational Technology S.A. In article <34979B76.67A813A8@sybase.com.gr>, johnf@sybase.com.gr says... > Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through > SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? > > Thank you very much in advance. > > -- > John Fotiadis > Direct +30 94-464225 > Senior Systems Enginee...

Web resources about - Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

FBI mulls connection between Super Bowl, CA fiber optic cable cuttings
... authorities, who have been baffled by more than a dozen attacks on San Francisco Bay Area data lines, are probing whether there is any connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Star Wars Rebels Trailer Reveals Force Awakens Connection - Collider
The new extended trailer for the mid-season premiere of the Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels reveals a huge connection to The Force ...