Oracle 7.3 and PB5.0 Problems Trying To Connect

I'm trying to set up an application that connects to Oracle Version 7.3
using SQL*Net

I get this error message
BAD IMAGE
"The application or DLL pbo72050.dll is not a valid Windows NT image.
Please check this against your installation diskette."

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Amy
0
Amy

That looks like you are using the wrong sqlnet version.  Are you installing
sqlnet for w95 on NT or vice versa?

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

Amy and Lars <larsamy@nl.telia.no> wrote in article
<01bcc77f$43b3c480$d0ecccc3@roland2>...
> I'm trying to set up an application that connects to Oracle Version 7.3
> using SQL*Net
>
> I get this error message
> BAD IMAGE
> "The application or DLL pbo72050.dll is not a valid Windows NT image.
> Please check this against your installation diskette."

0
Terry
9/22/1997 5:51:59 PM
Hopefully, the sqlnet version is for NT.  Is there a seperate oracle dll
for 16- and 32-bit?  Have you ever seen this problem before?
Amy

Terry Dykstra <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> wrote in article
<01bcc788$6f0f88e0$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>...
> That looks like you are using the wrong sqlnet version.  Are you
installing
> sqlnet for w95 on NT or vice versa?
>
> Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
>
> Amy and Lars <larsamy@nl.telia.no> wrote in article
> <01bcc77f$43b3c480$d0ecccc3@roland2>...
> > I'm trying to set up an application that connects to Oracle Version 7.3
> > using SQL*Net
> >
> > I get this error message
> > BAD IMAGE
> > "The application or DLL pbo72050.dll is not a valid Windows NT image.
> > Please check this against your installation diskette."

0
Amy
9/22/1997 7:38:56 PM
Amy and Lars wrote:

> I'm trying to set up an application that connects to Oracle Version 7.3
> using SQL*Net
>
> I get this error message
> BAD IMAGE
> "The application or DLL pbo72050.dll is not a valid Windows NT image.
> Please check this against your installation diskette."
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
>
> Amy

check to see that you have only one copy of pb072050.dll on the machine
and that it is indeed a 32bit dll( do a quickview to check this)

HTH
0
Joe

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

pb5.0.01 connect to personal oracle 7.3.3
Hi, everybody: I try to connect pb5.0.01 to personal Oracle 7.3.3. When I use powerbuilder's native driver O72, Oracle support file 7.2x, and server set at @2:ORCL. I get connection, But oracle stored procedure return nothing.( I use package and procedure method, and only one return set, datawindow can see all the columns in return set but no return result. I use PB6.0 with O73 native driver to same procedure, I get result without any problem). I also try to download pb5.0.02 matainance release to get O73 native driver( I can not find matainance release for pb5.0.01), try manu...

PB 5.0.04 (NT) connection to Oracle 7.3.3 problem.
We are having problem connect to Oracle 7.3.3 with PB 5.0.04 in NT. When we try to connect to DB (after create the DB profile) in PB we got a Dr. Watson error and PB closed. We are using the pbo73050.dll and wondering if we need a different Oracle driver in NT (SQLPlus works fine). Thanks in advance. -- Gary Lau CCAC Hi, Have you tried setting StaticBind=0 in your dbparm? HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj Gary Lau wrote in message <01bd737d$96...

PB 7.0.3 Build 10108 connect problems to Oracle 8.1.7
I am trying to run an application that I migrated to PB 7.0.3 from PB 6.5 using an Oracle 8.1.7 database. I can connect to the database through all normal means (SQL Worksheet, SQL Plus, Powerbuilder Database Painter, previewing data windows, etc) but when I run the application I receive an error "999 DBMS is not supported in your current installation" after issuing the "Connect using SQLCA" statement. I have checked all things such as 1. Installed Oracle 8.1.7 client software in location on hard drive and made sure it was the only Oracle location refer...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

pb5 connection problem with oracle 7.3
Hi all news group members, I just saw a news group item refering to the same problem. I have just freshly installed power builder 5.0 over pb4 as an update and selected the custom option. Thru the details box I have also selected oracle 7.1 as well as oracle 7.2 native database interfaces. The autoexec has an entry for c:\pwrs\sys. (the machine is rebooted to effect this ) and I have also checked the presence of pbo71050.dll and pbo72050.dll in c:\pwrs\sys directory. The DBMS entry in the data base profile/new option, the drop down list box shows 'O71 ORACLE v7.1' and '...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Updating BLOB in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3
Hi, Problem: While updating BLOB data in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3, UPDATEBLOB gives error "ORA-01653: Unable to extend table <table name> by 130 in tablespace <tablespace name>" However same code works successfully with Powerbuilder 6.0. Does anybody have any information/solution for the same? It is urgent. Thanks This sounds like a database problem not a PowerBuilder Problem. To quote Oracle: ORA-01653: unable to extend table name.name by num in tablespace name Cause: Failed to allocate extent for table segment in tablespace. Action:...

Updating BLOB data in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3
Hi, Problem: While updating BLOB data in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3, UPDATEBLOB gives error "ORA-01653: Unable to extend table <table name> by 130 in tablespace <tablespace name>" However same code works successfully with Powerbuilder 6.0. Does anybody have any information/solution for the same? It is urgent. Thanks It means Oracle was trying to use more physical space for the table and couldn't get enough. Talk to the DBA. <Narendra> wrote in message news:7D5B3A9AA2A7DD42003A112985256C8B.003A113885256C8B@webforums... > Hi, >...

how do i connect to oracle 7.3 though pb5.0 ?
--------------8B247288577715F8B1B864B4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi i am paresh and am having problem connecting powerbuilder 4.0 to personal oracle 7.3 i cannot make a profile for it in the database painter .i get the error message " dbms o7 2...is not supported ..... installation " in fact i get t his message for all the dbms's excluding odbc .though the dll pbo72...dll is present in the directory c:/pwrs/sys and it has an entry in the pb.iin it (pb) still cannot find the respective file . I also checked the ...

connecting Powerbuilder 4.0 to Oracle 7.3
Hi I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 . I can connect to oracle using sql*plus and when i use the same connect string I get an ora 09352 error "Windows 32 bit two task driver unable to spawn new oracle task". I am using sql net 2.3. I can connect to oracle using ODBC. I would appreciate help on this matter. Thanks -Jeya Please don't post duplicate messages under different headers. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Jeya wrote in message ... >Hi >I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 . >I ca...

PowerBuilder 5.0 and Oracle 7.3, how do I connect them?
First let me say I am new to PowerBuilder *and* Oracle. Don't assume I know anything! I have the following setup: 1. PowerBuilder 5.0 running on Windows 95 2. Oracle SQL Plus v3.3.2.0.0 on the same Win95 machine. 3. Oracle 7.3 running on HPUX 10.20 I am able to connect to Oracle via SQL Plus. How do I connect to Oracle via PowerBuilder? When I attempt the connection I get the following error message. "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed" I *do* have the proper .dlls for connecting to Oracle 7.1 and 7.2. I don't have either of tho...

Connecting to Oracle 7.2/7.3 with PB5 & SQL*Net 2.3
We are currently developing with PB 5.0.02, Oracle 7.2, SQL*Net 2.2 (32 bit), and Win 95. This setup is also our typical client platform. We will soon be going to Oracle 7.3. Before that happens we'll be trying SQL*Net 2.3 with Oracle 7.2. 1) Has anyone encountered any substantial problems with PB 5.0.02 with SQL*Net 2.3 and Oracle 7.2? 2) Does anyone have any information to pass along about PB 5.0.02 and Oracle 7.3 but using the native Oracle 7.2 driver? (I work at a fairly large firm, i.e. lots of testing involved, and I doubt we'll be going to PB 5.0.03 before we go to Or...

Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem
I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database? Thanks What are you using as your servername string? Is your tnsnames.ora file still corr...

Web resources about - Oracle 7.3 and PB5.0 Problems Trying To Connect - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

[...]

"When there’s a problem, people need someone or something to blame. Among L.A. residents peeved with ...
... they’d take their garden-wrecking, loudly squawking, prolifically pooping selves and fly the coop...." Did you know L.A. has a peacock problem ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... made their way to Europe this year. Every country is complaining now, even Germany. So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem ...

Maps Minutes Hack #7: No signal, no problem. Navigate your holiday travels with Google Maps offline
Part of our series on how to save time this holiday season with Google Maps. This time of year, millions take a road trip home for the holidays ...

Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem
CBS Local Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem CBS Local FORT LAUDERDALE, FL - SEPTEMBER 27: A Southwest airplane ...