ODBC driver for text files

I defined data source INTERSOLV ODBC for Text Files. I made pipeline piping
data from "ordinary" data source (Sybase native driver) to this text data
soure. Unfortunately when I try to execute it I got comunicate that
destination database (text file) is read only. This same I got using
DataManipulation from DataBase painter. But when I try do do this writing a
script in DB Administrator it works OK. Does anybody have an idea why?

PZ

0
Piotr

Hi Piotr,

Text ODBC drivers are for readonly purposes. Not for writing textfiles.

HTH
--

- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Piotr Zielinski <zielinsp@ii.pw.edu.pl> wrote in message
dOUkcDlZ#GA.161@forums.powersoft.com...
>I defined data source INTERSOLV ODBC for Text Files. I made pipeline piping
>data from "ordinary" data source (Sybase native driver) to this text data
>soure. Unfortunately when I try to execute it I got comunicate that
>destination database (text file) is read only. This same I got using
>DataManipulation from DataBase painter. But when I try do do this writing a
>script in DB Administrator it works OK. Does anybody have an idea why?
>
>PZ

0
Eric

inserting data to text file from database and inserting data back to database from text file
Hello friends.... I am looking for 2 things(using c#.net or vb.net and sql svr 2000) 1.convert data from sql server 2000 database (say customers table from northwinds database) to a text file(separated by commas or just plain space) 2.Insert the data from text file back to database. Can someone pls give me the detailed code to achieve this....really need this on urgent basis.......Thank You.Gurjeet,England As for detailed code, I won't give you :P however I can tell you one way of doing this (there are multiple ways).The way I'd do it would be simple:Retrieve the information fr...

Merant ODBC Driver for Text files
Hello all; I've updraged an app from PB7.0.2 to PB8.0.1 which has connections to Oracle 8.0.3 and fixed text files (*.csv and tab separated). In the development environment, connection DSN and profile is OK. But when deployed to client machines which has no PB8 installed, this app can't connect to the *.txt files. The files deployed to client machines (Windows 98): - app executable and runtimes - PB runtimes (PBVM and others) - Merant ODBC driver (pbtxt15.dll) - *.reg files for setting up ODBC DSN and driver which merged into client registry. - Text files sources a...

THE difference between the native database and through the odbc driver engine database
Sir What is the difference between the native database and the odbc dirver database regards vasantha Native drivers use the vendors native API to communicate with the database. Each native driver is proprietary to the vendor's DBMS. ODBC is a standardized API for communicating with any database that supports an ODBC connection. It allows you to write one interface for your database connectivity (the ODBC API) instead of needing to create customized versions for each native driver. Since ODBC is a standardized API, and an extra layer to map to each database, it ...

Import file with flat-file ASCII text databases
Hi, I have a requirement of importing data that has been delivered as a set of files that are of flat-file ASCII text databases with extension .DAT Please advice best way to load these data into table in DB2 database. TIA. You might be able to use the pipeline object if you have the Merant Text File ODBC driver installed. Alternatively, it shouldn't be hard to write a small app to read in the text files to datawindows and save back to DB2. "HM" <hemangm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4047ac60$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi, > > I have a require...

Converting Log File text file into SQL database
Please tell me whether its possible to convert and read the log text files in windows  Log file folder into sql database.I want to do some program in asp.net web part so that when i enter the url of a particular site,i want to display all the user names,date and time and some other information who accessed within a particular site from the log file text.so please give my  the code to run it. Thanks Jeena  you can use bulkinsert statement. by using this you can insert into a table. do some select operation on that table and finally remove the contents from that ...

ODBC TExt Limit using INTERSOLV Text driver
I am using the INTERSOLV text driver to access my 'database' of text files which were pipelined successfully from Sybase with no errors. I have a field containg a datawindow syntax which is approx 32000 bytes. Using Retrieve() to access this field, truncates it at approx 4000 bytes. Is there a limit on the length of VARCHAR fields using ODBC Text driver? If so, is it configurable? Thanks for any help. Most DBMSs support only 2000 or 4000 characters for Varchar fields. The ODBC datatype is SQL_VARCHAR. Jim O'Neill, any suggestions? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSy...

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to
Hello all, I'm a newbie in ASP. I wrote a C# app to access an MS Access database placed in the c:\inetpub\wwroots\databases folder. Everything works fine. When I am trying to access the same database through my ASP web application, I keep on getting: "ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.\r\nERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed\r\nERROR [HY000] [Microsof...

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
Greetings, I have just arrived back into the country (NZ) and back into ASP.NET.  I am having trouble with the following:An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. It has only begun since i decided i wanted to use IIS, I realise VWD comes with its own localhost, but since it is only temporary, i wanted a permanent shortcut on my desktop to link to my intranet page.  Anyone have any ideas why i am getting the above error? have...

How to append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA Hi, It's a basic job in Perl, just open, read, and print. open B with read mode; read the content of B into memory (ie, save to a variable); close B; open A with append mode; write B's content to A; close A; 2008/9/19 Back9 <backgoodoo@gmail.com>: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to...

text file to database
i want to do to read a text & insert the data on the text box to database how can i do Mark as Answer if this reply helps youRajarshi Sankar Pain Hi, SqlConnection myConnection=new SqlConnection("pass connection string here" ); String insertCmd = "insert into yourtable values ("+textbox.Text +")";  SqlCommand myCommand = new SqlCommand(insertCmd, myConnection);try { myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); } catch (SqlException e) {}You can check this link also.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa720188(VS.71)....

ODBC database drivers
I am currently using the IBM DB2 Client ODBC driver to connect to our DB2 tables from Powerbuilder. We are looking into using a generic ODBC driver. Can anyone tell me if Powerbuilder is compatible with or supports the Microsoft SNA ODBC driver for DB2? When I use this driver I can connect to the database but I can't retrieve any tables. The database connection seems to succeed but no tables/data are returned therefore my datawindows do not work. thanks, Catherine Wong Auburn University Very good question Catheribe. Of course, PB supports IBM DB2. Updated information...

PowerBuilder and text files
Is it possible to import a fixed-length flat file to a datastore in PowerBuilder? The actual file is NOT tab-separated or comma-separated. It is just a text file with a number of fixed-length fields. I've tried many alternatives. The last one (see code below) refers to a DSN named PB_Post61, which is a configuration I made in ODBC Data Source Administrator (Windows 2000). The configuration uses the PB DataDirect OEM 4.20 TextFile (*.*) driver, and I've also defined the text file fields in ODBC Text Driver Setup. datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = Create datast...

ODBC to text file!!
hello, i am using PB 6.0 to access a text file, with 50 fields and 20000 rows, through PB Intersolv 3.00 32-bit textfile ODBC driver. when i try to retrieve the text file in data manipulation, it always retrieve up to 6695 rows and returns a error message that error in rows. once i combine all 50 fields into one field, it can retrieve all 20000 rows and works fine. what happen? is there any advice to solve the problem? thank you. rgds, alan Try setting Retrieve Blocking Factor (DBParm Block) to 1. It may not resolve the problem, but it will produce an error message that is mor...

Text file or database
Gidday all, A colleague and I were having a discussion re pros and cons of use of textfile to store data over a database. When would you use a database in preference to storing users in a textfile? I have written a mailing list application in Perl that that has a double optin registration process, so I use two text files. When you first subscribe your name is written to list one when you complete the registration process your name is removed from List 1 and written to list two. This works fine and currently I have 200 subscribers, when do you think this will become unmanageable...

Web resources about - ODBC driver for text files - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Adam Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adam Douglas Driver ( 1983-11-19 ) November 19, 1983 (age 30) San Diego, California , U.S. His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's ...

AMD's 2016 Linux Driver Plans & GPUOpen Family of Dev Tools: Investing In Open Source
... overnight, they do have a clear idea over where they have gone wrong and what are some of the things they can do to correct this. Linux Driver ...

Seattle City Council votes to allow Uber and Lyft drivers to unionize
Seattle City Councilmember Mike O'Brien speaking at an October event in support of his bill to allow Uber and Lyft drivers to unionize. In a ...

Uber and Lyft drivers can now form unions in Seattle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , UAW/Unions , Smartphone , Technology The Seattle City Council voted unanimously to allow drivers for ...

Seattle becomes first city to allow Uber, Lyft drivers to unionize
Seattle is the first city in the nation to give Uber and Lyft drivers the right to form a union. That’s after the City Council voted unanimously ...

Uber Drivers Win Seattle Vote on Collective-Bargaining Rights
The Verge Uber Drivers Win Seattle Vote on Collective-Bargaining Rights Bloomberg Seattle's City Council voted unanimously to give collective ...

The Seattle City Council defied the mayor to let Uber drivers unionize, and now he won’t sign the bill ...
Seattle made history as the first city to pass any legislation on Uber drivers unionizing, but Mayor Ed Murray isn't having it. The Seattle ...

Seattle Gives OK To Rideshare Drivers Hoping To Unionize
CBS Local Seattle Gives OK To Rideshare Drivers Hoping To Unionize CBS Local SEATTLE (CBS/AP) — Seattle on Monday became the first city in ...

Video catches driver ramming hotel over alleged bill dispute
Police say John Parsley, 62, facing charges after he drove his pickup into the front desk of a Comfort Inn after demanding a refund

ChargePoint Gives EV Drivers Deep Discounts Just In Time For The Holidays
... and the various related holidays bring more good news from ChargePoint. ChargePoint has partnered with [&hellip ChargePoint Gives EV Drivers ...