ODBC connection to remote SQLANYWHERE database

We have an application that connects to a SQLANYWHERE database
on a remote server. When we used an older version of
ODBC (version 3.0.28.22 ?) we could connect to the database.
When we upgraded ODBC (3.50.36.9 because of a different project) we found
 that we could no longer connect to the database. It prompts you to log in
to the
sql  and won't connect to the already running database.

We are using powerbuilder 5.0.0.4 and  SQLANYWHERE 5.5.02.
The database is running and the only difference is the ODBC.

Does anyone know the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
0
Bob

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Replicating passwords from one remote database to other remote databases
I am attempting to replicate password changes from a remote database to the consolidated database to all other remote databases. The reason I am attempting this is we are implementing "multi-user" remote databases, where a db user created on the consolidated can be on one or more remote databases. I want to only allow remote users to change their db passwords, but have those password changes replicate to all other remote databases. My initial thought was to have a table that maintained db user name and encrypted password that would be subscribed to by all remote databas...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

Communication error on ODBC connection to ASA 10 database on remote computer
Hello, I'm unsuccessfully trying to establish an ODBC connection from a 32 bit Windows Vista computer to an ASA 10.0.1.3515 build on a 64 bit Windows 2003 server through tcpip. I created a system dsn entry on the Vista computer with a 32 bit SQL Anywhere 10 driver and the tcpip entry HOST=3d87.106.28.212;PORT=3d49152;CPORT=3d49430-49450 because according to the log of the db server (-z option) instead of port 2638 port 49152 is used. If I test the connection I'll get the following error: Connection failed: Connection Error: Server found, but communication error The...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

Problem with DBD::ODBC (via unixODBC) connection to remote ADABAS-11 database
Hi, all I am experiencing a puzzling problem while trying to get an DBD::ODBC connection (via unixODBC) working from a client machine A (Suse linux) to a an ADABAS-D-11 database running on a remote machine (B, also Suse linux) -------------------------- Machine A (client) Linux 2.6.8-2 Perl : 5.008005 (i586-linux-thread-multi) OS : linux (2.6.8.1) DBI : 1.43 DBD::Proxy : install_driver(Proxy) failed: Can't locate RPC/PlClient.pm in @INC DBD::ODBC : 1.06 ----------------------------------------...

Dream Weaver 8 Connection Strings for ASP and ASP.NET to connect remote MS Access Database on remote web server
  HiIm using Dream Weaver 8 to create a set of ASP and ASPX websites im editing them locally and testing them locally using IIS Personal Web Server. My problem is how to transfer them on to a remote webserver and make the pages connect to a remote database for asp,aspx as they work fine Locally ?Does anyone know how to create Dreamweaver connection strings for both ASP and ASP.NET pages for database that has the following directory path on the remote webserver Domain = asianwedding.somee.comDatabase path = **************************/db1.mdbIve been searching on the web and using the Se...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Remote database connection via odbc panel. Can't make it work.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------0296C118B6A2B36D99858F0E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to ODBC programing, and I have created a program that used its sybase database locally with no problems. However I would like to access this database on another server but I can't make an ODBC dsn on the clinet machine that points to a server machine such that it will work. Do I have to write my client in a special way for this? Wendell Nichols --------------0296C118B6A2B36D99858F0E Content-Type: text/x-vca...

Web resources about - ODBC connection to remote SQLANYWHERE database - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere