ODBC connection to MS Access 2000

I have created a PowerBuilder app that run fine on my computer, because I have
Access 2000 installed on my PC.  I deployed it to a PC that apparently has MS
Access 97 installed.  When I run one of the datawindows I get a message "[ODBC
Microsft Access 97] Expression cannot be used with the LIKE predicate...."
Apparently the syntax is not supported in Access 97.  I want to keep my database
and program as is, so how do I get the correct drivers and dll's to run?  I
don't know which files go with the Access connection. (I'm running PB 6.5 on
Windows 2000)
Lisa

No entiendo mucho ingles pero?????
1- Puedes convertir la base  de datos de access97 a access 2000.
2- Si has dise�ado la base de datos en access 2000 y la trasladas a otra pc
con access97 y win95, NT(win98?) tendras problemas por que los dll de
windows de OBDC no estan actualizadas para trabajar con access 2000. hay que
instalar los nuevos dll OBDC para que soporten access 2000. Instala solo el
cliente de SQL server 7 y actualizara los drive dll y despues desintala el
cliente .
elvislucay.mhg@entelchile.net

"Lisa" <lisawillford@cbna.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> I have created a PowerBuilder app that run fine on my computer, because I
have
> Access 2000 installed on my PC.  I deployed it to a PC that apparently has
MS
> Access 97 installed.  When I run one of the datawindows I get a message
"[ODBC
> Microsft Access 97] Expression cannot be used with the LIKE predicate...."
> Apparently the syntax is not supported in Access 97.  I want to keep my
database
> and program as is, so how do I get the correct drivers and dll's to run?
> don't know which files go with the Access connection. (I'm running PB 6.5
on
> Windows 2000)

Elvis

Connect String for MS Access 2000 Database
I am trying to connect to an MS Access 2000 database (upgraded from Access 97) with ASP.NET. I use the following connect string (which works with MS Access 97 databases): Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" strConn &= ";Data Source=C:\_Development\BegASPNET\Sabert\SabertData.mdb" strConn &= ";Persist Security Info=False"I get a "Could Not Find Installable ISAM" error message I registered the ISAM (via regsrvr32.dll ) and I still receive the error message. Any suggestions are appreciated. Best ...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Connection with MS-Access 2000 database within MTS
Still get following message: 'SQLSTATE = S1110 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Only SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT is allowed when connection pooling is enabled' when I want to establish a connection with my MS-Access Database from within MTS. DTC is enabled on component services (COM+). Here's the code I wrote in my nvo: myTrans = CREATE n_transaction // Profile com_db SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=com_db',ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOP ROMPT'" CONNECT USING myTrans...

Can not connect to MS ACCESS 2000 database after deployment of executable
Actually I can connect, but any retrieval of information (select by a datawindow) results in an error "Program Type out of Range". Since I'm able to access the database fully within the IDE and when exectuing the application within the IDE I'm wondering if there is a file I've missed that needs to be distributed. I did a quick check and both the development and target deployment machines have MDAC 2.5 installed. Both machines already had the MS ACCESS ODBC drivers installed before starting. Any help appreciated James Knowlton Forgot to mention that I&...

Problem DataBase Connection of PB 7 With MS Access 2000
When I am connecting to MS Access 2000 with PowerBuilder 7 using OLEDB connection within the IDE of PowerBuilder, connection with the MS Acess Database is established and it works fine but when I make an executable file of the application and run, it does not make connection to MS Acess 2000 Database and the message it displays "OLEDB is not supported in your current installation." I shall be very grateful to you for any help and guidance in this regard. Best Regards. Muhammad Usman. usman@abuzar.com.pk usman_se@hotmail.com Did you deploy the PBOLE70.DLL file w...

Connecting Powerbuilder 5.0.04 to MS ACCESS 2000
I have a MS ACCESS 2000 - database for my application. When i use my datawindows in PB (DW-Painter) i�m able to retrieve the data. But when i start the application, i�m not able to retrieve CHARACTER-data (Columns with Type TEXT in Access). It seems, that PB couldnt map the Access-Type TEXT to his own Type CHAR. The DB-Painter says "VARCHAR 1000" for TEXT. Why does it work in PB - I use the same PBODB050.INI ????? Are you sure you're using the same PBODB50.INI? That INI file MUST reside in the same directory as the PBODB50.DLL that is loaded, if the fi...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

MS Access 2000 "forgets" PWD and UID in ODBC connection string
Hi, When accessing our Sybase SQL Server via MS Access 2000/ODBC through the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver (v12), at startup Access always asks me to enter my DB login name and password. I've already edited the ODBC connection string in the linked tables' properies but my changes are not saved. Can anyone help me with a solution to this? TIA, Axel Dahmen ...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Connection to MS Access database
I am using ODBC to connect to an MS Access database. In the table painter I cannot see any of the tables whose names contain spaces (ie multi word names). I can, however, see the names of queries which contain more than one word. I can retrieve from the tables through the db admin painter by delimiting the table names in double quotes. Can anyone tell me how to be able to see the list of table names. Thank you. Ches Chesney ches@a2z.uk.com Ches, You may want to try setting the DbParm parameter, DelimitIdentifier='Yes', so that PowerBuilder will enclose databa...

MS Access database connection
I'm new to the world of ASP.NET and need some help connecting to MS Access databases for a web site. I tried setting up the OLEdb connection to the database myself and had no luck. I downloaded code from a sample web site and can't make that work either. I've tried it running on a PC running Personal Web server and on a server running IIS on NT 4.0 and still have problems. I understand the concepts of connecting to a data base. I've done so countless times in ASP scripts, but can't seem to make the ASPX.NET code work for me. If it's not the code what parameters could I be missing on IIS that...

odbc connectivity
Check out this website: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q237/5/75.ASP?LNG=ENG&SA=PE ...

Connection to MS Access 2000
Hi, When I connect to my Access database trought ODBC it looks like everything ok. But when Iopen Database painter I get error: SQLSTATE=S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Programe typeout of range It happend in PB v6.5 build 444. Windows NT and Windows ME Thanks for any suggestion The fix for that is in PB 6.5.1. MS added some new datatypes to ODBC that earlier versions of PB don't know how to handle. On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:03:57 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Stan <sshvabsky@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >When I connect ...

Web resources about - ODBC connection to MS Access 2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...