odbc connection problems

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C7921A.56B97C30

Hi everyone,
=20
When I use ODBC to connect Microsoft SQL Server 2000.=20
The following statement will occure error=20

select emp_no,adj_date into :is_emp_no,:is_sdate from pr1sar10 tb1 where =
tb1.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb1.sdate=3D(select max(tb2.sdate) from =
pr1sar10 tb2 where tb2.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb2.sdate<=3D:as_sdate);

The error message is=20
sqlcode=3D-1
sqldbcode=3D999
SQLSTATE =3D 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server =
Driver]=BBy=AAk=BF=F9=BB~=A9=CE=B9H=A4=CF=A6s=A8=FA=B3W=ABh
(This Chinese sentence means is  syntax error or violate access rules)

But when I use ado.net to connect the database. It is ok. No error.
Could anyone can tell me where I setup error ?

[hrdb4odbc]
DBMS=3DODBC
DBParm=3DConnectString=3D'DSN=3Dhrdb_odbc;UID=3Dsa;PWD=3Dsql'
AutoCommit=3DFALSE

[hrdb4oledb]
DBMS=3DADO.Net
LogId=3Dsa
LogPassword=3Dsql
DbParm=3D"Namespace=3D'System.Data.OleDb',DATASOURCE=3D'sql2000',Database=
=3D'hrdb',Provider=3D'SQLOLEDB',DisableBind=3D0"
AutoCommit=3DFALSE
------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C7921A.56B97C30

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbig5">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi everyone,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When I use ODBC to connect Microsoft SQL Server 2000. </DIV>
<DIV>The following statement will occure error </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>select emp_no,adj_date into :is_emp_no,:is_sdate from pr1sar10 tb1 =
where=20
tb1.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb1.sdate=3D(select max(tb2.sdate) from =
pr1sar10 tb2=20
where tb2.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb2.sdate&lt;=3D:as_sdate);</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The error message is </DIV>
<DIV>sqlcode=3D-1</DIV>
<DIV>sqldbcode=3D999<BR>SQLSTATE =3D 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server=20
Driver]=BBy=AAk=BF=F9=BB~=A9=CE=B9H=A4=CF=A6s=A8=FA=B3W=ABh</DIV>
<DIV>(This Chinese sentence means is&nbsp;&nbsp;syntax error or violate =
access=20
rules)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But when I use ado.net to connect the database. It is ok.=20
No&nbsp;error.</DIV>
<DIV>Could anyone can tell me where I setup error ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>[hrdb4odbc]<BR>DBMS=3DODBC<BR>DBParm=3DConnectString=3D'DSN=3Dhrdb_o=
dbc;UID=3Dsa;PWD=3Dsql'<BR>AutoCommit=3DFALSE</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>[hrdb4oledb]<BR>DBMS=3DADO.Net<BR>LogId=3Dsa<BR>LogPassword=3Dsql<BR=
>DbParm=3D"Namespace=3D'System.Data.OleDb',DATASOURCE=3D'sql2000',Databas=
e=3D'hrdb',Provider=3D'SQLOLEDB',DisableBind=3D0"<BR>AutoCommit=3DFALSE</=
DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C7921A.56B97C30--

0
archer

Hi All
Is it possible to connect pb6.5 to oracle 10g.
If possible what is DBMS connection string, What version
oracle client should be used to connect Oracle 10g?

Thanks in advance
Ram
0
Ram
5/9/2007 4:38:34 AM
Probably only choice is O73 driver (perhaps O84).

dbms=O73
servername=@tnsalias
logid=username
logpass=password

<Ram> wrote in message news:4641504a.773c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi All
> Is it possible to connect pb6.5 to oracle 10g.
> If possible what is DBMS connection string, What version
> oracle client should be used to connect Oracle 10g?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ram

0
Jim
5/9/2007 8:29:47 AM
You can use the O84 driver, but not OR8.  O73 driver probably won't work,
due to all the changes in the OCI interface that Oracle made in 9i.
I'm not sure when that driver was introduced.  I believe it was in 6.5.1 or
one of the EBFs after that.  EBF1326 was the last released, but I'm not sure
where to find that one.  The 651 release you can get from
downloads.sybase.com.  Make sure to set the timeframe to ALL.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"Jim Madderra" <jmadderra@astound.net> wrote in message
> Probably only choice is O73 driver (perhaps O84).
>
> dbms=O73
> servername=@tnsalias
> logid=username
> logpass=password
>
> <Ram> wrote in message news:4641504a.773c.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi All
>> Is it possible to connect pb6.5 to oracle 10g.
>> If possible what is DBMS connection string, What version
>> oracle client should be used to connect Oracle 10g?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Ram

0
Terry

Problem in connecting DataBase through ODBC
Hii, I am using DBase database throught Odbc in ASP.NET. But it gives following error                                                                                     &n...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Powerbuilder 8 connectivity problem to legacy unix database
I hope that this forum may be able to help me or at least advise me. I have been testing PB8 for an application currently written in PB6.5. The backend of the application is a legacy Unix DBMS for which no development has been done for a number of years. The 32 bit ODBC driver is suitable for windows only. PB6.5 ==== Currently W95, W98, W2000 clients can connect to it using the PB6.5 compilation and run the applications quite successfully. (XP does not produce the correct result whe functions are part of the Select statement.) PB8 === However, when using PB8 Enterprise edi...

Problems with Powerbuilder accesing an Acces Database via ODBC
I've developed an application with PB60, under windows NT Wk. 4.0 I compiled it and tested it under WNT Wrokstation 4.0 and it worked fun. Afetr it, I re-compiled and regenerated the application under W95, and when I tried to execute the .exe file compiled, I couldn�t acces the database, and I catched this error when trying to connect the SQLCA: "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current Instalation". Moreover, if I run the application with the "RUN" painter, it works ok! I get the parameters to connect from an .INI file, which is in the same directory that t...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Problem Client 12.5.2 ODBC connecting to multiple databases
ASE Multi-server environment. We connect to the catalog, call a stored procedure (sp_1) there to determine which customer database the requested account resides on, then this proc calls a stored procedure (another sp called sp_1) on the target customer database to retrieve the required data. In the catalog sp_1 after determining which server and database the account resides on we build up a string such as @cmd = server.database..sp_1 'account123' Then call exec (@cmd) Using client 12.0 this works. After upgrading to 12.5.2 we now get an error when calling exe...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

Problem with DBD::ODBC (via unixODBC) connection to remote ADABAS-11 database
Hi, all I am experiencing a puzzling problem while trying to get an DBD::ODBC connection (via unixODBC) working from a client machine A (Suse linux) to a an ADABAS-D-11 database running on a remote machine (B, also Suse linux) -------------------------- Machine A (client) Linux 2.6.8-2 Perl : 5.008005 (i586-linux-thread-multi) OS : linux (2.6.8.1) DBI : 1.43 DBD::Proxy : install_driver(Proxy) failed: Can't locate RPC/PlClient.pm in @INC DBD::ODBC : 1.06 ----------------------------------------...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Problem to connect to ASA database with WLAN connection
Hi, I develop a pocketbuilder application on a Windows CE mobile. I want to connect the mobile directly to a ASA database on the network. When I try the connection, I have nothing... I wait... For the moment, the database is on my PC and ping to my PC works. Perhaps I have problem with memory or with the definition of my DSN File. DSN File: [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=tlbmobile_proxy Links=TCPIP(HOST=194.124.250.130;port=2638) databasename=tlbmobile_proxy Thanks for your help. Ang�lique How have you started the database engine on your PC? Did you use...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Problem wit migrating Informix Firedac ODBC connection to Infx Connection
Now Firedac in XE6 supports Informix natively besides odbc, i decided to use the native way from now on. However, i came up with some odd behaviour: Take the following query: select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000"; Where column nummer is of type varchar(10). When executing this query using Firedac Infx connection i get the error: ERROR: SQL state: 42S22. Native error: -217. Error message: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Column (1000) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined). However when executing the same query using Firedac ODBC conn...

Web resources about - odbc connection problems - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...