ODBC connect

Hello,
    I'm trying to connect to a database using an ODBC driver through
Powerbuilder.  The connectstring is not
specified in the transaction object before I attempt to connect, so the
select the appropriate DSN popup window
comes up.  After you select an item(profile) from the list, is there any way
to retrieve/capture this entry that was just
selected? either during or after the connection succeeds?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

0
Eric

you can via a external function call to SQLGetInfo in the ODBC API.

On 21 Mar 2005 12:44:33 -0800, "Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>    I'm trying to connect to a database using an ODBC driver through
>Powerbuilder.  The connectstring is not
>specified in the transaction object before I attempt to connect, so the
>select the appropriate DSN popup window
>comes up.  After you select an item(profile) from the list, is there any way
>to retrieve/capture this entry that was just
>selected? either during or after the connection succeeds?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Eric

0
Jim
3/22/2005 4:59:24 AM
Haven't tried it yet, but I found this link and I'm assuming this will work:
http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0061.html

Thanks....

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> you can via a external function call to SQLGetInfo in the ODBC API.
>
> On 21 Mar 2005 12:44:33 -0800, "Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >    I'm trying to connect to a database using an ODBC driver through
> >Powerbuilder.  The connectstring is not
> >specified in the transaction object before I attempt to connect, so the
> >select the appropriate DSN popup window
> >comes up.  After you select an item(profile) from the list, is there any
way
> >to retrieve/capture this entry that was just
> >selected? either during or after the connection succeeds?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >Eric

0
Eric
3/22/2005 2:50:37 PM
Still didn't get a valid dbms back from external function call, just a blank
string?

"Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Haven't tried it yet, but I found this link and I'm assuming this will
work:
> http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0061.html
>
> Thanks....
>
> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> > you can via a external function call to SQLGetInfo in the ODBC API.
> >
> > On 21 Mar 2005 12:44:33 -0800, "Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >    I'm trying to connect to a database using an ODBC driver through
> > >Powerbuilder.  The connectstring is not
> > >specified in the transaction object before I attempt to connect, so the
> > >select the appropriate DSN popup window
> > >comes up.  After you select an item(profile) from the list, is there
any
> way
> > >to retrieve/capture this entry that was just
> > >selected? either during or after the connection succeeds?
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance,
> > >Eric

0
Eric
3/22/2005 3:17:09 PM
yup, that's exactly the method I was referring to.. .make absolutely
sure you initialize the string variables to a requisite amount of
space before making the call though

On 22 Mar 2005 07:17:09 -0800, "Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Still didn't get a valid dbms back from external function call, just a blank
>string?
>
>"Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Haven't tried it yet, but I found this link and I'm assuming this will
>work:
>> http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0061.html
>>
>> Thanks....
>>
>> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>> > you can via a external function call to SQLGetInfo in the ODBC API.

>any
>> way

0
Jim

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

ODBC database connection
I've not done any programming for years, last time was ASP and now I see there is this thing called ASP.NET !!! bassically i can't find code anywhere to create an ODBC connection, can someone tell me how. I have however found the below code to connect to a file database, i have tried guessing what it might be, but just get errors.  <script runat="server">sub Page_Load   dim dbconn   dbconn=New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;   data source=" & server.mappath("northwind.mdb")) ...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

Connect to Other ODBC Database
Hi Is it possible to connect to an ODBC database other than a Sybase one from within a stored procedure ? The goal here is to be able to copy data from one database (In this case a foxpro db into a Sybase database without the need to export and import data). If so, is there any documentation on this topic with connection syntaxes etc? Verison of Sybase 6.0.03 Thanks in Advance Hi, yes, its possible. Read the Chapter 28 of the ASA User's Manual - Accessing Remote Data. Cheers, Hartmut Branz Sybase Product Support Engineering Adaptive Server Anywhere T...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

Web resources about - ODBC connect - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
Apple has announced the dates for the annual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect. As in the previous year , Apples developer portal is scheduled ...

How different networking standards are competing to connect the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) — a vast network of connected devices — is set to become the world’s largest device market over the next decade, ...

App connects seniors across the globe
The start-up behind the app raised $1 million in its first six months and has grown to serve a global user base of 25,000.

Ford announces Sync Connect smartphone app
The app works with Ford's new embedded modem, first arriving on the 2017 Escape, to bring vehicle functions to the owner's smartphone, no matter ...

Uber Launches Service To Help Drivers Connect With Passengers On Their Route
Between offering taxi, private car and rideshare options, Uber seems to have a service to meet just about every users’ transportation needs. ...