Name Of Foreign Key

I'm using SQL Any50, ORACLE, and SQL Server 6.5 with a PB 6.0 Application.

I'm looking for a solution to get the name of the Foreign Key, for some
Table
of my application.

Is there someone who know where i can find it in the system table ?

Thank's

ETIENNE St�phan

0
Steph

Steph --

In Oracle, you need to look at either the ALL_CONSTRAINTS or the
USER_CONSTRAINTS view.
In SQL Server 6.5, you would look at the SYSREFERENCES table.
I'm not sure where you'd look in SQL Anywhere.

HTH

Ron Gallagher, CPDP
Atlanta, GA
rongallagher@mindspring.com

Steph wrote in message ...
>I'm using SQL Any50, ORACLE, and SQL Server 6.5 with a PB 6.0 Application.
>
>I'm looking for a solution to get the name of the Foreign Key, for some
>Table
>of my application.
>
>Is there someone who know where i can find it in the system table ?
>
>Thank's
>
>ETIENNE St�phan

0
Ron

Multiple Database / Cross Database Referencial Integrity (foreign keys)
Using SQL Server Express 2005, I have two databases.  AppDB - The main application database.GeoDB - A somewhat static ZIP code / states / other geographic stuff databaseI need to have some foreign key columns in tables in AppDB reference columns in the GeoDB database tables.  Eventually other application database besides AppDB will be doing the same thing in our infrastructure. After googling and reading for days, here is what I think I know:You cannot create foreign keys that reference tables in another database in SQL Server.You cannot create foreign keys that reference columns...

Name of foreign key
Hello ! I am working on a program we bought. The previous developpers used PowerAMC and I can't find where they precised the way to name foreign keys. Exemple : if the table "Bill" has a reference to the table "Supplier", when I generate the MPD, the reference is converted this way in the table BILL : ID_SUPPLIER. I want to know where "ID_%TABLE%" is defined ? Otherwise, is it possible for certain foreign keys to define in the MCD the name they will have in the MPD ? Exemple : I have an other table where I want one foreign_key to have a special n...

Foreign Key Names
I can't seem to figure out where to set the Foreign Key Naming convention. As I generate from a CDM to PDM how do I take control of how relationships are migrated and named. and, what documentation should I read to get a better handle on this? OK, you do not have any control over the default foreign key names in the initial CDM -> PDM generation. However, after you change it in the PDM, the next time you generate PD will abide by your names. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] psyclo@datamodel.org http://www.datamodel.org "Coy Lay" <coy.lay@acm.c...

foreign keys between databases
So here is the deal: I have two database with referential integrity between them. I loaded one of them from an earlier version of the database and now I have tables that say a foreign key is referencing them, but that foreign key really doesn't exist in the other database. Is there a way I can get rid of this in my production system considering all the copies of my database have this problem. Any ideas? Product? Version? Platform? What exactly is saying there are foreign keys? How did you originally specify the RI? Any solutions will depend on your answers to all of ...

Foreign key name
Hi all, I am using PD 11 . The scenario is: when I create two relations between 2 tables (one with role name and the other without role name) then generate the physical model, and use the %PROLE% as FK column name . when the model generates , one FK gest the role name and the others that hadn't role gest the table name as FK. I want to change the default of tabel name to column name is there any one that knows the solotion? regards, The default behavior is for the parent table column name to be used as the FK column. The columns from the first reference should be the ...

Table design question (to foreign key or not to foreign key)
Our application is a message board and is full of messages, threads, and forums. A message is an individual entry (like the one I'm typing now ;)). Our software gives the user the ability to upload a single file attachment to each message. I can think of a couple different ways to design the two tables: message( messageid numeric identity, attachmentid numeric null, messagetext text, other, message, stuff... ) attachment( attachmentid numeric identity, title varchar, other, stuff ) or message( messageid, messagetext text, other, stuff ) attachment( messageid numeric foreig...

Multiple Foreign Key names
Hi all, PD15 EBF7 Table A B C Column a pk a pk a fk1, fk2 aa b c aaa c d A and C are linked by reference D. B and C are linked by reference E. I can see that fk1, fk2 are displayed in C table. I hope that fk is only displayed in C table. TIA Robert, I am not sure I understand what you need to see. When you fold a foreign key like you have with column a in table C, it is important to know it is a foreign...

Naming of foreign keys in the PDM
When I have relationships between two tables, I cannot influence the name of the foreign key field which is generated. Example: I have two tables: customer, user I have two user references in the customer table, the user who manages the customer and the user who created the customer record. When I generate the PDM I always get the field names "id_user" and "id_user2" which are not really useful. I would prefer "managing_user" and "creation_user". Is there a way to influence these names? Regards, Martin -- Martin Matt Neudorfstr...

Foreign Key Inferred Name
So I'm a complete noob to Dynamic Data. My team set up a Dynamic Data website which we're essentially using for scaffolding...we have an already existing DB schema which we plugged it into. And it works perfectly! One thing though - the Dynamic Data code automatically infers a friendly name when generating a drop down list for a foreign key. In our case, we have a "Contacts" table, and the primary key is ContactID, and the first field in the table is "First_Name", and this is what is showing up in the drop down menu. So for instance, when adding or editing an...

RoleId/Name as Foreign Key
I'm trying to create a relational SQL data table where one of the foreign keys relates to the aspnet_Roles table.At first, I was linking to the RoleId field because it was the primary key, but that's no good because I can't retrieve the RoleId of a RoleName from my code. I then read this post:http://forums.asp.net/p/1077364/1585594.aspx#1585594 How do I reference the RoleName field as a foreign key? I tried doing it but because RoleName isn't a Primary Key or 'Unique', it won't let me do it.I get the following message:'The columns in table 'aspnet_R...

Cross Database Foreign Key
Does anyone know if SQL Server 2005 or 2008 allows Cross Database Foreign Key Constraint? If not, is there a recommended way to implement this? Thanks, I don't know about Cross Database Foreign Key as of SQL Server 2005 i don't abt 2008. But you can able to do this InsteadOfTrigger, While insert you can verify that keysThanksHari---------------------------------------------Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.My Site...

Foreign key names #2
Hi all, I like to have all my foreign key names set to FK_%PARENT%_%CHILD% so that I have an idea of what the link is. When I set this up in Rebuild Indexes, I get sporadic parent and child table names. For example, I have 3 tables Template, Customer & Store. When I set up an FK between Template (child) and Customer (parent) I get FK_CUSTOMER_STORE. Sure enough there is an FK between Customer & Store but why is it being referenced ? OK, are you wanting to control the names of indexes or foreign key constraints? FK Indexes: You can't use %PARENT% or %CHILD%...

Foreign Key names #3
I wanted to know if there is a way to control the naming convention of foreign keys in power designer, while generating a PDM from CDM. Thnx Javed Rahman javed_r@hotmail.com � You can change this in the DEF file for the target database you are selecting. Find the file and open it in an editor. You should find a block that looks like this: # Constraint name template for Primary Keys PKConstraintName = PK_%.U27:TABLE% # Constraint name template for Foreign Keys FKConstraintName = FK_%.U8:CHILD%_%.U9:REFR%_%.U8:PARENT% # Constraint name template for Alternate Keys AK...

DA and foreign key names
When generating the physical data model, DA will rename a column which has a foreign key (so that the column name is the same as the foreign key column name). Is there a way to disable this ? Scott...... Scott Cunningham wrote: > > When generating the physical data model, DA will rename a column which has > a foreign key (so that the column name is the same as the foreign key > column name). Is there a way to disable this ? > > Scott...... I would sure like to know how as well!!! We've been renaming the FK columns to an appropriate name on the first ge...

Web resources about - Name Of Foreign Key - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Russia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
32/34 Smolenskaya-Sennaya pl, Moscow 55°44′46″N 37°35′3″E  /  55.74611°N 37.58417°E  / 55.74611; 37.58417 Coordinates : 55°44′46″N 37°35′3″E ...

Foreign investment rules under review
Turnbull says 'makes sense' for asset sales by states and territories to come under FIRB scrutiny. Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says foreign ...

Foreign investment: Signing away our land, livelihood and heritage
Our governments past and present seem to be quite prepared to sign away the rights and possessions of their citizens.

China busts illegal foreign exchange network
The Australian China busts illegal foreign exchange network The Australian Police and the People's Daily newspaper said the gangs used accounts ...

Eddie Jones named England's first foreign rugby union coach
Australian Eddie Jones has been appointed as the first foreign coach of the England rugby team on a contract taking him through the 2019 World ...

Duane Carridge, Ben Carson’s anti-Ben Carson foreign policy adviser, is bad news
Remember Duane Carridge? The foreign policy adviser for Ben Carson’s campaign who went on the record with the New York Times to say that “Nobody ...

Larwyn's Linx: Clinton Family Amends Tax Returns, Discloses Millions In Foreign Contributions
... tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation Clintons Amend Tax Returns: Millions In Foreign ...

M for Montreal 2015 day 2 review: Jazz Cartier, Dead Obies, Plants & Animals, Foreign Diplomats and more ...
by Bill Pearis Jazz Cartier @ M for Montreal 11/19/2015 A lot of Montreal feels like it was frozen in amber in 1981, when the autumnal earth ...

Ben Carson eyeing foreign trip ahead of Iowa caucus
Campaign says trip could help the former neurosurgeon burnish his foreign policy credentials by doing something "different" and "unusual"

Carson Advisor Defends His Client's Inability To Understand Foreign Policy
The New York Times had a breathtaking story today about Ben Carson's inability to comprehend and learn foreign policy. it should give every voter ...