MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x

Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table
?  The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg
("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when
trying to connect to a db.

Scott......
0
Scott

The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or
a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog
tables.

Mickey
pottsgf@swbell.net
0
Mickey
12/5/1997 3:16:17 AM
>Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table
>?  The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg
>("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when
>trying to connect to a db.

If I remember correctly (I haven't done MS SQL in 6 months), the
stored procedures are no longer required with MS SQL 6.x.  Check the
online documentation, I believe it specifies it there.

Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)
0
lcermak

Identity Column
Using PB 5.0 and MS SQL 6.5 After an embeded Insert Statement, I use the following to get the value assigned by the Identity column : INT emp_id DECLARE get_value DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT @@identity"; OPEN DYNAMIC get_value ; FETCH get_value INTO :emp_id ; CLOSE get_value; The emp_id returned seems to always be NULL. It is supposed to be the last (autoincrement) number assigned to the record inserted into the Employees table. Does anyone know why I am getting a NULL instead of a real value? The column is defined as an Identity in ...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL. Regards Chris Wilson chris.wilson@entex.com In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says... > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL > The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance release. I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5. WHat version of PB are you using? -- ...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a, I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder 5.0. And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table, PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and nothing be retrieved. sander_han@hotmail.com This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is required for Y2K. A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it is imminent. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com A-B-C wrote: > After I upgraded my MS...

PB 5 & 6.5 w/ MS SQL 7.0
Can anyone speak to any compatibility problems w/ using PB 5 & 6.5 w/ Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? We are planning on upgrading to SQL 7.0, but have a few apps in both PB6.5 & PB5. Unfortunately, one of these is vendor supplied so we can't upgrade to PB7. I was specifically wondering if there were any problems using native SQL 7.0 drivers w/ the PB6.5 & 5 dlls (that were made before SQL 7.0 was a reality.) Or are there updated drivers for this? any help/experiences offered would be appreciated. thanks!! -- Travis Hettenbach hettenb@kochind.com Me too have th...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 6.5 & MS SQL 6.5
This is probably an MS SQL issue but I figured it was worth presenting here for some possible insight. Any help is greatly appreciated. - I have two tables: BATCH & EMPLOYER_GROUP - BATCH is a child of EMPLOYER_GROUP - EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID is the primary key column in EMPLOYER_GROUP and a foreign key column in BATCH - The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column in BATCH may be null - There is current only one record in BATCH. The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column is null in that record. The following SELECT does not (in my opinion) work correctly: SELECT * FROM BATCH, EMPLOYER_GROUP ...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

Web resources about - MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x - sybase.powerbuilder.database

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Linux bug imperils tens of millions of PCs, servers, and Android phones
(credit: amalthya ) For almost three years, millions of servers and smaller devices running Linux have been vulnerable to attacks that allow ...

Qualcomm will manufacture server chips in China
Qualcomm has entered an agreement with the Chinese province of Guizhou to enter into a joint venture to develop chips for server systems. This ...

I just got a look under the lid of all the servers you use when you check your Facebook news feed
... drone Aquila, given demos of Oculus and Samsung VR, and we also got up close and personal with the bits of Facebook you rarely see: Its servers. ...

Clinton's server had emails beyond top secret level
The Inspector General recently updated Congress on the contents of the former secretary of state's home server

Qualcomm sets up joint venture in China for server chips
Qualcomm is setting up a server chipset design and sales unit with a provincial government in China, a move that could help boost the company's ...

Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server
Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server

Qualcomm teams up with Chinese province for server chips
... government's investment arm and 45% owned by a subsidiary of Qualcomm. The JV will focus on the design, development and sale of advanced server ...

Qualcomm to Make Server Chips in China
The company partners with the Guizhou Province to create a joint venture that will design, develop and sell ARM-based data center SoCs.