moving columns in a datawindow in preview mode/PB11.5

Hi,  I'm trying to re-order my columns on a crosstab
datawindow using powerbuilder 11.5.  I have tried going into
preview and re-ordering like I have done in earlier versions
of powerbuilder but when I get back to design mode the
changes are not saved. Any suggestions?
0
dmiller

Problem solved.  I deleted the field and used
insert/control/column.

> Hi,  I'm trying to re-order my columns on a crosstab
> datawindow using powerbuilder 11.5.  I have tried going
> into preview and re-ordering like I have done in earlier
> versions of powerbuilder but when I get back to design
> mode the changes are not saved. Any suggestions?
0
dmiller

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

Moving and Grafting 5.5 database
I have successfully moved a 5.5 database into a new tree. What I have found is that all of the emails then appear to be unread. Does anyone know how to make it so the emails appear read? Thanks, Curt curt.winterboer@encompassiowa.com wrote: > I have successfully moved a 5.5 database into a new tree. What I have > found is that all of the emails then appear to be unread. Does anyone > know how to make it so the emails appear read? What were the steps you took to move and graft GroupWise ? -- Cheers, Edward > curt.winterboer@encompassiowa.com wrote: &g...

PB11.5 DataWindow, RichText column
Hi there PB11.5 saw the inclusion of something I have been waiting for since PB4 - RichText columns in DWs!!! Just got round to trying this out. When I click on the RichText column I get the pop up toolbar allowing me to change font, bold, bullet etc but there is no colour options. So my question - where's the option to change colours? Thanks Brian Double click in a blank area of the tool bar and the dialog with color selection will appear. On 23 Feb 2009 05:59:23 -0800, "Brian" <info@infotechnics.co.uk> wrote: >Hi there > >P...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Move Groupwise 5.5 database to new identical server.
Dear friends, We have a corrupt NDS in our internal production server here! Lots of problems we cannot place and solve 123. We have decided to install a fresh clean server and create the NDS from scratch. Same configuration as the old server just installed by hand. We do not want to restore anything from the old NDS. Now I'm at the point that I have a standard fresh and clean server that is identical to the old one. Everything is working well. Even the clean Groupwise is ok! Now I have to get the old Groupwise database running on the new server. Is there a way of doing th...

Datawindow Plugin for PowerBuilder 6.5 in IE5.5 SP2?
We have been using datawindow plugin Npdwe60.dll for a long time now and it worked just fine in both IE and NS. However, starting from IE5.5 SP2, Microsoft decided NOT to support plugins any more. Is there any news on how to overcome this problem? ActiveX version of plugin? Any other solution? Thanks in advance for any response. Leonid Borisov Tefensoft Where did you find out that MS doesn't support plugins anymore? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

Moving from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
All, We are making the move from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04 build # 1888 (A little late but making it none the less). We have been running 5.5.00 from inception and have been plagued by the missing primary key row problem as well as some passthrough problems. We have made some PASSTHROUGH changes to the current publications. To be safe, I am planning on removing all pubs and subscribers at each of the consolidated sights and redoing same after upgrading to 1888. Is there anything special I should do with respect to the consolidated database (Upgrade utility, etc) to ensure I get the best possi...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

Moving columns on datawindow
Hello, Got a small problem, can someone tell me what events will be triggerd when i move a column on a datawindow. Dragdrop events doesn't seem to work. The idea is to let user modify their datawindows. Now i want to implement a grid for that datawindow so that users can easy move the columns and line it out. Thanks in advance, R.Brouwer "Remco Brouwer" <r.brouwer@aci.nl> wrote in message news:01k2CxQvAHA.259@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > Got a small problem, can someone tell me what events will be triggerd when i > move a > colu...

Moving columns on a datawindow
Hello, Got a small problem, can someone tell me what events will be triggerd when i move a column on a datawindow. Dragdrop events doesn't seem to work. The idea is to let user modify their datawindows. Now i want to implement a grid for that datawindow so that users can easy move the columns and line it out. Thanks in advance, R.Brouwer ...

Moving Datawindow Column
Hi All, I'm creating a Dynamic datawindow and one of my columns have its Movable property as "Yes". Anybody knows if there is an event that is triggered after I move this Column to another place on my datawindow. Thanks in advance, Guilherme. Are you moving the column through script or by drag and drop ?. You can create an user event which you can trigger whenever you move the column. And you can do whatever you want in the user event. And also you can find out whether the syntax is modified after the object has been created using the datawindow property as ...

Web resources about - moving columns in a datawindow in preview mode/PB11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo