Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...

Hi everybody,

After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses
Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to
set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error:
"SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast
specification"

This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created
based on an Store Procedure.

What could be happening?
How can I fix this?

Thank you,
Gabriela
0
Gabriela

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

SQL Server 6.5 / DLL's / PB 6.5
Hello, Our programs run on SQL Server 6.5 but we need to migrate them to 7.0 thus I was wondering which .DLL to use when deploying our PB6.5 program when the database is a SQL Server 7.0. At the moment we have been using v6.5.00.444 of pbmss60.dll for the SQL 6.5 and we have a v6.5.00.575 (03-02-99) which is supposed to be used for 7.0 - however it is called Beta which doesn't somehow doesn't give me a good feeling... is the latter really needed for running with SQL 7.0 or can we continue using the ol' 444 without any problems ? TIA </anders> ...

ODBC 3.5 + PB 6.5 + Sql Anywhere 5.5.04 + Win95b
I am unable to view the procedure syntax using PB 6.5 against a Sql Anywhere 5.5.04 database using ODBC 3.51; I receive the message: "The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text". Using the same database file, I can receive the procedure syntax when using PB 5.0.04 ( 16-bit ), or when using PB 7 beta. Also, the Design menu within the Database Administration painter for PB 6.5 does not have the entries for 'Table Security', 'Maintain Users' or 'Maintain Groups'. This ODBC is the one which comes with the Jaguar beta. My Pb...

PB 6.5.1.620, MSS 6.5, ODBC, embedded SQL
The following SQL fails using PB 6.5.1.620. It used to work with PB 6.5.0.444. Driver File Name: SQLSRV32.DLL Driver Version : 03.70.0623 DBMS Name: Microsoft SQL Server DBMS Version: 06.50.0255 The error is: Select: 999 SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation This is embedded SQL in Powerscript. The problem is the "bind" variables in the correlated subquery (the SELECT MIN part). If those are hardcoded as strings, and not variables, the query works. SELECT id, pk_current, pk_high INTO :llID, :llPKLow, :llPKHig...

Executing a MS SQL server 6.5 procedure with no result sets from PB 6.5...
Hi friends, I have a stored procedure created in MS SQL Server 6.5. The procedure has 4 arguments. The procedure will do some calculations & then finally will insert some data into a table. That's it. It won't return any resultset (no select statement). Now I need to execute the procedure from within a PB application(verion 6.5). Which is te best method for this. Dynamic SQL format 1/2/.... Thanks in advance. Thanks. Bye. With Regards, Jeinutheen Mohamed. In your PB script, declare the procedure : DECLARE sp_procedure PROCEDURE F...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

PB 6.5 -> 10.5 Migration (SQL SERVER 2000)
After migration my application is not able to connect to sql server 2000. The code inside the PB 6.5 connection to sql server is choose case sqlca.dbms case "mss - microsoft sql server 6.0" sqlca.logid = trim(sle_username.text) sqlca.logpass = trim(sle_password.text) CONNECT using SQLCA ; ** The sqlca.dbms is read from an ini file [DataBase1] Dbms=MSS - Microsoft SQL Server 6.0 LogId= LogPassword= PowerBuilder;LANGUAGE=us_english' AutoCommit=FALSE Any thoughts/suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks Shamim read up on OLE-DB ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x
Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table ? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg ("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when trying to connect to a db. Scott...... The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog tables. Mickey pottsgf@swbell.net >Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table >? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

Web resources about - Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ... - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message