Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?

Hi,

I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix
applications to 32bit.

Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build
do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine.

TIA

Pepa

PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion.

0
Josef

We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These
drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of
which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website
0
Sumant

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

"Select Error" - Informix
In the DataBase Painter or in the DataWindow Painter, we always receive the message "Select Error" when we select more than one table. In this case, we have to reconnect to the DataBase. I tried many times to modificate the Profile but it didn't work. How I can solve that ? Please, contact me Thanks a Lot, Celso - Brasil celso.ds@zaz.com.br ...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5
Hello I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB 5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5 to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7 because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right? Thanks Haroon (Senior Programmer) Highnoon Laboratories Limited http://www.highnoon-labs.com You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one deals with Infomaker only. Use powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. PB6...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

apo_control from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5
I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not work in PB 6.5. It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that was basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden. The problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects. Since going to 6.5 it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should be 3 and it is only reporting 1)??? The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in circles when I try to locate the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Tom, Have you looked into the logical unit of work servi...

Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0
I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works good. is it a mistake? On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es> wrote: >I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works >good. >is it a mistake? No, if you just downloaded the PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that is what you're supposed to do. However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version, which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be shipped Web Deployme...

Web resources about - Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.