I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?

Hi :

I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of
drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?

I am inexperienced in the subject.
find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805.
Drivers native of oracle 9 exists?
or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc?

thank you
from chile

0
Cristian

You can use the O84 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver to connect to Oracle 9.
--
S.V. Software
http://www.svsoftware.da.ru

"Cristian Castillo" <cristian.castillo@pragma.cl> wrote in message
> Hi :
>
> I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of
> drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?
>
> I am inexperienced in the subject.
> find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805.
> Drivers native of oracle 9 exists?
> or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc?
>
> thank you
> from chile

You just can't utilize any of the new 9i functionality.

HTH

-EGM

S.V. Software <svsoftwareNO@SPLAMyahooFORME.com> wrote in message
> You can use the O84 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver to connect to Oracle 9.
> --
> S.V. Software
> http://www.svsoftware.da.ru
> Home of SQL Builder Professional for PowerBuilder
> Download the Demo Version Now!!! Source code available for registered
users.

> "Cristian Castillo" <cristian.castillo@pragma.cl> wrote in message
> > Hi :
> >
> > I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of
> > drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?
> >
> > I am inexperienced in the subject.
> > find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805.
> > Drivers native of oracle 9 exists?
> > or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc?
> >
> > thank you
> > from chile

0
Edward

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

Connecting Oracle 8i using Powerbuilder native driver O73
Is there any problem that use Powerbuilder Oracle native driver O73 to connect to Oracle 8i Database with Parallel Server Option? Or is there any native driver for connecting Oracle 8i with Parallel Server Option? Bests, Raymond O73 and O84 driver both work to access 8i. You'll need the O84 driver to be able to use some of the 8.x functionality. I have no experience using Parallel server. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp &...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

Performance issue with Oracle native driver for Powerbuilder 9.0.3
Why do we have a very long runtime for a "GET NUMBER OF COLUMNS SELECTED" in pbtrace.log? Any explanations? The same code for Powerbuilder 7 works properly, means the "GET NUMBER OF COLUMNS SELECTED" uses about 0 milliseconds. Thanks. e. g. PREPARE WITH BIND VARIABLES: (a5d008): SELECT .................................................. (a5d008): DATETIME Length=0 ID=:1 (a5d008): VCHAR Length=10 ID=:2 *XXXXXXXXXX* (a5d008): INT Length=0 ID=:3 (0.057 MilliSeconds) (a5d008): GET AFFECTED ROWS: (0.004 MilliSeconds) (a5d008): ^ 1 Rows Affected (a5d008): GET ...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

PowerBuilder 7: upgrading Oracle 8 to Oracle 9
Hello, I'm currently using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 connecting to Oracle 8.1.7. If I upgraded to Oracle9i, will the upgrade cause any problems with my existing applications and continue to develop applications? I noticed that new features were not supported by PB7 as stated by Sybase below. I simply can't utilize new features, right?? Thanks in advance --- snip --- http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 Version: PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Connects to: Oracle 9.0.1 Driver: pbo8470.dll Notes: Oracle 9.0.1 new features are not supported with this driver. -------- ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

AS400 native database driver for PowerBuilder?
Hi there! Does anyone know, if there is a native AS400 database driver available for Powerbuilder? Thanks, HY. Henny Yong wrote: > > Hi there! > > Does anyone know, if there is a native AS400 database driver available for > Powerbuilder? > > Thanks, > HY. There is not, you'll have to use ODBC with Client Access, ShowCase, Rumba or some other 3rd party's driver. Jim O'Neil Powersoft Technical Support joneil@sybase.com ...

Powerbuilder 9 Native DB Drivers
I have read that the Powerbuilder native database drivers have actually been UPDATED for the 9.0 release....Is this true? Has anyone heard the specifics? Will all the SQL 2000 features work now with PB native drives?? The MSS native interface is based on technology that Microsoft stopped enhancing after MSS6. Microsoft will only introduce new features via the OLEDB interface which is the current native interface technology for MSS 7 and later. In some cases, these new features are also exposed in the ODBC driver. Therefore, the ability to add new features via the "native inte...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Web resources about - I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles