How to use Oracle Store Procedure with out parameters?

experts,

Could you give me a hand to let me go out of my problem? I create a package
acc.MS_Load.remove_(info_ out varchar2, contract_ in varchar2), then I
using the following script to use it as that:

string info_, contract_
info_    = space(2000)
contract = 'NN'
DECLARE myproc procedure for acc.MS_load.remove_(:info_,:contract_);
Execute myproc;
if sqlca.sqlcode ....

When it runs, it said that "PLS-00306:wrong numnber or types of arguments
in call to 'acc.ms_load.remove_'"

Why?

Thank you and best regards!

Venn

0
Venn_Chel

Try using INOUT instead on IN. If that doesn't work, you may have to declare
the procedure in the transaction object with RPCFUNC so you can declare the
INOUT argument as ref.

Venn_Chel wrote in message
<87E02544AD1EAC570034EE3085256C24.0034EE7685256C24@webforums>...
>experts,
>
>Could you give me a hand to let me go out of my problem? I create a package
>acc.MS_Load.remove_(info_ out varchar2, contract_ in varchar2), then I
>using the following script to use it as that:
>
>string info_, contract_
>info_    = space(2000)
>contract = 'NN'
>DECLARE myproc procedure for acc.MS_load.remove_(:info_,:contract_);
>Execute myproc;
>if sqlca.sqlcode ....
>
>When it runs, it said that "PLS-00306:wrong numnber or types of arguments
>in call to 'acc.ms_load.remove_'"
>
>Why?
>
>Thank you and best regards!
>
>Venn

0
Jerry
8/29/2002 1:23:23 PM
Declare the procedure with one parameter, like the following:
DECLARE myproc procedure for acc.MS_load.remove_(:contract_);
 Execute myproc;
 if sqlca.sqlcode ....
    blah....

<Venn_Chel> wrote in message
> experts,
>
> Could you give me a hand to let me go out of my problem? I create a
package
> acc.MS_Load.remove_(info_ out varchar2, contract_ in varchar2), then I
> using the following script to use it as that:
>
> string info_, contract_
> info_    = space(2000)
> contract = 'NN'
> DECLARE myproc procedure for acc.MS_load.remove_(:info_,:contract_);
> Execute myproc;
> if sqlca.sqlcode ....
>
> When it runs, it said that "PLS-00306:wrong numnber or types of arguments
> in call to 'acc.ms_load.remove_'"
>
> Why?
>
> Thank you and best regards!
>
> Venn

0
ajay

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Using Oracle Stored Procedures in Powerbuilder
I need to populate a datawindow using an Oracle stored procedure. I went through various faxline documents and found that the PBDBMS.put_line option was not useful in my case, as I was going to return multiple result sets based on cursor processing. I took the suggested option of creating a package which had a stored procedure which was returning various output variables of type table. The output variables correspond to each column of the datawindow. I will have to define the procedure as an RPC in the transaction object. I am having a problem with this. When I go into Local external f...

FOR XML and OPENXML using Oracle / using xml in ORACLE stored procedure
Hi, I need a help with respect to xml operations in ORACLE.For example, Need to send multiple rows at once into stored procedure.orNeed to  pass data (a single entity) to stored procedure as a xml from Data Layer ( Instead of individual params)In case of sql server, There is an approach like,     From Front End,   Serialize the entity collection or single entity as xml and send to the db.   Pass xml to stored procedure from Data Layer     sql server stored proc in turn,  &n...

inserting XML Document into Oracle database using a stored procedure
------_=_NextPart_001_01C63DB4.0768C57B Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to insert a XMLType Xmldom.DOMDocument into the Oracle database and I am stuck. Thanks in advance for any pointers. =20 =20 Here is my stored procedure. The first parameter in the checkin_design stored procedure is a DOM object type parameter. The rest of the parameters are regular strings. =20 =20 =20 PROCEDURE checkin_design( in_designinfo_doc IN Xmldom.DOMDocument,=20 in_desi...

Can I use a ControlParameter for a stored procedure's parameters? (SqlDataSource,Oracle)
I have an aspx page which is a survey.  The user fills in various values, and then those values are to be saved as the survey results on the Oracle DB.  The examples below are not the survey itself, but they're similar to what I would be trying to do.  The goal is to avoid explicitly writing all that code for creating a connection, a command, and then adding the parameters one by one.  (Several of these surveys have many, many input survey values; one even has over 100 input parameters, and I was hoping that "declarative" code would ...

PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN'
Hi, I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure 'update_status' in the package pkg_test. Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD' Here is the signnature of the procedure. pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD varchar2, EEE boolean default false)=91 and the way of calling this procedure is pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE) The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQ...

Using Stored Procedure Parameter and changing Database Location at run-time in Crystal Report
New Page 1 I use Crystal Report for .Net 2005(Crystal Ver.10.2.3600.0), MSSQL 2000 where I have created an Stored Procedure having two paramenters. I am using this Stored procedure to print a Report in Crystal Report. I pass parameter to this Stored procedure through ASP.Net Page. This works fine but if I use this Report for diffrent DB Server or diffrent Database and use DBLogonInfo to set new location for stored procedure in Report, Report is Displayed but parameter critaria is on accepted and report is not displayed within the range. My Code is as Following Imp...

Calling packaged Oracle stored procedures using the PB 6.5 OR8 database interface
We are migrating our application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5 and are having problems with executing stored procedures when using the Oracle 8 database interface. These stored procedures are 'packaged' in Oracle packages, and we are using 'declare-and-execute' syntax within powerscript to execute them. The stored procedures do not return result sets; they simply perform inserts and updates to Oracle tables, and the parameters being passed are IN parameters only. I receive the same Oracle error (ORA-04043 - object does not exist) when I run the application or compile the s...

execution of store procedure in events of the mobilink 9.0.2 using consolidated database Oracle 9i
I am using oracle 9i as consolidated database and sybase anywhere 9.0.2. I have some very big sentences that cannot be recorded in the events donwload_cursor. I have read that one can make sending the sentences select to store procedure using packages and some things but. I have carried out it using sql server like consolidated database and I have not had problem but one doesn't eat to make it with Oracle. This is also due to my little experience with Oracle. Somebody could give the instructions of as making him and if it was not so much nuisance an example of a small chart of 2 fi...

how to create rdl using stored procedure which uses parameter
Hi, i am using sql server 2005. how to create rdl using stored procedure which uses parameter Thnk you   Hi,You can simply attach your report parameter to your query parameter -1. Create a report parameter whose value will be passed to sp. e.g. p_FromDate2. Create a dataset having its Command Type as StoredProcedure and specify your sp name in query string.3. Now go to parameters tab of your dataset, add your sp parameter name and then select p_FromDate from corresponding dropdown as its value.so it will be like @sp_paramName !  = =Parameters!p_FromDate.ValueFor more details...

help about ---store date in database using stored procedure
hi,friends i m new for stored procedure i need your help. i want to store a date into sqlserver database using stored procedure. when i run app. it will give this error....... ---------------------------------- Server Error in '/aspnet/espms' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originate...

Problem calling Oracle Stored Procedure which returns ref cursor as output parameter using MS-Data Access App Block 1.1
Hi All, In want to call Oracle SP's which return DATA through ref cursors. I am using MS Data Access App Block 1.1. In all the examples which I have got to call Oracle SP's (which themselves are very few) says that add IN parameters if their is any in SP, but don't add any OUT param for ref Cursor. when I am trying the same I am getting error of 'insufficient or incorrect number of argument for procedure'. When I try to execute any sql query it executes i.e my piece of code is connecting properly and getting the data, but in case of SP's which are supposed to return me Dataset using db.E...

help about ---store date in sql database using stored procedure
hi,friends i need your help. i want to store a date into sqlserver database using stored procedure. when i run app. it will give this error....... ---------------------------------- Server Error in '/aspnet/espms' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Det...

Using stored procedure with parameters gives 'parameter not supplied'
Hi all,I'm using an SqlDataSource to execute a stored procedure in a sybase database, which takes two arguements: create procedure pGetCodes @i_code varchar(32), @i_code_scheme char(8)asbegin select ECM2.code, ECM2.code_scheme, ECM2.source_id, ECM2.stock_exchange_id from refdb_rep..EXTERNAL_CODE_MARKET ECM1 join refdb_rep..EXTERNAL_CODE_MARKET ECM2 on ECM1.instrument_id = ECM2.instrument_id where ECM1.code = @i_code and ECM1.code_scheme = @i_code_scheme order by ECM2.code_schemeendThese arguements are supplied by a textbox and a dropdown as ControlParameters: &...

Web resources about - How to use Oracle Store Procedure with out parameters? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters