How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?

Hi:

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server
2000 sp4?

It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL
Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5.

I do not want to via ODBC.

Thanks!

1
Wu

Wu;

  No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill
Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited
functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world.

  So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for
PB 11 that is similar to the MSS one. You can join the PB 11 beta and try
that out if you like (works very well for me and extremely fast too).

Regards ... Chris
PS: I would strongly suggest upgrading to PB 10.5.1.

"Wu Zhenqing" <wuzhenqing@163.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server
> 2000 sp4?
>
> It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL
> Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5.
>
> I do not want to via ODBC.
>
> Thanks!

0
Chris

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

How do you setup a database connection profile for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 in PB 10.5?
Sorry for my ignorance. tia, chance. ok just answered my own question http://chance.pbdjmagazine.com/how_to_connect_to_microsoft_sql_server_2000.htm "chance" <chance@crwmail.com> wrote in message news:44314cc9@forums-2-dub... > Sorry for my ignorance. > tia, > chance. > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C65723.A16C77B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question though, what is the proper value for Provider MSDASQL seems t...

Powerbuilder 10.5
I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current installation." Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use OLEDB Drivers for this ? try using this... SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL Server;Database=dbname'" hope this help mike <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase....

Database Profile for MS SQL Server 2000 in PBv11.5
I have recently upgraded to PB 11.5. I need to set up a database profile for several Microsoft SQL Server 2000 databases. Which Database Interface do I select to do that. I've tried OLE Microsoft OLE DB,ADO Microsoft ADO.NET, and ODB ODBC. None worked. Please help!! Hi Barbara; Can you tell us if you can connect with anty other utilities and what connectivity mechanisms they are using? -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <Barbara Dillman> wrote in message news:48fe39db.495c.1681692777@sybase.com... >I ...

Connecting to MS Sql server 2000 thru PowerBuilder 5.0
We're connecting to MS Sql server 6.5 from PowerBuilder 5.0 using a Native driver. We want to upgrade to MS Sql server 2000. Does the native driver in PB 5.0 for MS Sql Server 6.5 support MS Sql server 2000 also ?? If not , whether Sybase provide a native driver to connect MS Sql server 2000 from PB 5.0 ?? Thanks & Regards, Ravi. No, neither SQL7 nor SQL2000 is supported from PB5. Some people have got SQL7 to work (don't know about 2000), but mostly it won't, certainly for us it wouldn't. The best thing to do is try it and see whether you get problems w...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

two informix server connect to powerbuilder database profile
Please give me some feedback as it is real urgent. Can I connect to 2 informix database but from the different INFORMIXSERVER ? I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and Informix SetNet32. I got an error when doing so as the INFORMIXSERVER don't allow me connecting to another database from other INFORMIXSERVER. The error message that I got is "cannot connect to database server(server name)..." informix error code -930 --setnet32 enviroment setting(informix server) make default server = domeic_oltcp0 <-- powerbuillder database profile connect O.K another infor...

Connection of PowerBuilder 10 to Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Hello, I use PowerBuilder 10.2.1 (Build 9557), Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and OLE DB connection. I have a datawindow using Store Procedure to retrieve. After retrieving the datawindow, I have a SQL statement fetching loop, and I will call another store procedure in the looping. Once the datawindow with store procedure is retrieved, another store procedure cannot be executed in the SQL cursor fetching loop. The sqlerrtext message is that "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.". Howev...

need help
Hi there,     I am not sure if this is the right place to seek help for the problem i have but as i don't see any other link to discuss the situation i have i am just posting it here.  To explain a little bit about the project i am on..... Originally the  appication(developed in asp.net and vb) i am assigned to was developed by a different team and most of the databases  were on  SQL server 6.5 servers. So they have used oledb connections where ever they had to connect SQL server 6.5 data sources. Lately the client has moved a...

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Web resources about - How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles