How do you setup a database connection profile for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 in PB 10.5?

Sorry for my ignorance.
tia,
chance.

0
chance

ok just answered my own question

http://chance.pbdjmagazine.com/how_to_connect_to_microsoft_sql_server_2000.htm

"chance" <chance@crwmail.com> wrote in message news:44314cc9@forums-2-dub...
> Sorry for my ignorance.
> tia,
> chance.

0
chance

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C65723.A16C77B0

Question though, what is the proper value for Provider

MSDASQL seems to work but I get errors when I use SQLOLEDB

>> Sorry for my ignorance.
>> tia,
>> chance.
>>=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C65723.A16C77B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Question though, what is the proper =
value for=20
Provider</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>MSDASQL seems to work but I get errors =
when&nbsp;I=20
use SQLOLEDB</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"chance" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:chance@crwmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>chance@crwmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message </FONT><A href=3D"news:44315589$1@forums-2-dub"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:44315589$1@forums-2-dub</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; ok just =
answered my own=20
question<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://chance.pbdjmagazine.com/how_to_connect_to_microsoft_sql_se=
rver_2000.htm"><FONT=20
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://chance.pbdjmagazine.com/how_to_connect_to_microsoft_sql_s=
erver_2000.htm</FONT></A><BR><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "chance" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:chance@crwmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>chance@crwmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message </FONT><A href=3D"news:44314cc9@forums-2-dub"><FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2>news:44314cc9@forums-2-dub</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt;&gt; Sorry for my ignorance.<BR>&gt;&gt; =
tia,<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
chance.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C65723.A16C77B0--

0
chance
4/3/2006 7:46:03 PM
What errors are you getting?
--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
and small to medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris
4/3/2006 9:07:58 PM
My bad...wrong login. The problem is I'm still working on understanding SQL
Server though. I'm an ASA "guy".

"Chris Keating(iAnywhere Solutions)"
<NoSpamPlease_k_e_a_t_i_n_g@i_A_n_y_w_h_e_r_e.com> wrote in message
> What errors are you getting?
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

> Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
> =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
> medium sized business environments for free!
>
> http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

chance

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Can microsoft SQL Server 2005 database upgrade to microsoft SQL Server 2008 database?
I have a microsoft SQL Server 2005 database, I don't know how to upgrade the 2005 database to 2008 database, I try to use SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 to open the 2005 database, it's OK, does it mean that the 2005 database have been upgraded to 2008 database? BTW, is SQL Server 2005 database compatible with SQL Server 2008 database completely?SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Yes. It is compatible. Anyhow go through this url for more informationhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

Cannot restore database in the computer is setuped SQL Server 2000 and SQL server 2005
Hi All I have Computer is setuped SQL Server 2000 and SQL server 2005 when I restore SQL Server 2005 it's OK but when it's not OK when I restore in SQL Server 2000. The Error as follows: Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks   check this url, http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=169145&SiteID=1 http://sqlforums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=60&threadid=42121&enterthread=y...

Connection of PowerBuilder 10 to Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Hello, I use PowerBuilder 10.2.1 (Build 9557), Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and OLE DB connection. I have a datawindow using Store Procedure to retrieve. After retrieving the datawindow, I have a SQL statement fetching loop, and I will call another store procedure in the looping. Once the datawindow with store procedure is retrieved, another store procedure cannot be executed in the SQL cursor fetching loop. The sqlerrtext message is that "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.". Howev...

need help
Hi there,     I am not sure if this is the right place to seek help for the problem i have but as i don't see any other link to discuss the situation i have i am just posting it here.  To explain a little bit about the project i am on..... Originally the  appication(developed in asp.net and vb) i am assigned to was developed by a different team and most of the databases  were on  SQL server 6.5 servers. So they have used oledb connections where ever they had to connect SQL server 6.5 data sources. Lately the client has moved a...

Connection to Microsoft Sql Server 2000 from PB 5.0
We're connection to MS Sql server 6.5 from PowerBuilder 5.0 using a Native driver. We want to upgrade to MS Sql server 2000. Does the native driver in PB 5.0 for MS Sql Server 6.5 support MS Sql server 2000 also ?? If not , whether Sybase provide a native driver to connect MS Sql server 2000 from PB 5.0 ?? Thanks & Regards, Ravi. Ravi_Kumar wrote... > We're connection to MS Sql server 6.5 from PowerBuilder 5.0 using a Native > driver. We want to upgrade to MS Sql server 2000. > Does the native driver in PB 5.0 for MS Sql Server 6.5 support MS Sql >...

Database Profile for MS SQL Server 2000 in PBv11.5
I have recently upgraded to PB 11.5. I need to set up a database profile for several Microsoft SQL Server 2000 databases. Which Database Interface do I select to do that. I've tried OLE Microsoft OLE DB,ADO Microsoft ADO.NET, and ODB ODBC. None worked. Please help!! Hi Barbara; Can you tell us if you can connect with anty other utilities and what connectivity mechanisms they are using? -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <Barbara Dillman> wrote in message news:48fe39db.495c.1681692777@sybase.com... >I ...

Error connecting to SQL Server database with PB 11.5
SQL error text is : Sybase.Powerbuilder.db , Version 11.5.0.0, Culture= Neutral, PublickEytoken=b76b10796def6a00 was not found I am trying to run a pb executable from another machine - Is this a licensing issue or something ? Regards, Jas On Dec 14 2009, 9:55=A0am, jasvinder wrote: > SQL error text is : > > Sybase.Powerbuilder.db , Version 11.5.0.0, Culture=3D Neutral, > PublickEytoken=3Db76b10796def6a00 was not found > > I am trying to run a pb executable from another machine - Is > this a licensing issue or something ? > > Regards, > Jas ...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

Porting Code From PB 10.5 + Adaptive Server as Back End TO PB 10.5 + MS Sql Server as Back End.
Hi All I have been trying to get the Date part of the value of a datetime data field & can not work out the logic in MS SQL. My Original Query (as in Adaptive Server) Looks as Follows: dSelectedDate = Today() SELECT IsNull ( Sum ( ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") + ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") * ("saletax"."tax" / 100)), 0 ) INTO...

Web resources about - How do you setup a database connection profile for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 in PB 10.5? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

The Direct Connection

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...