How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?

If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of.
Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to
contact them directly to determine that.  Are you having a particular
problem with the drivers you have now?

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote:

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html
-1
Bruce
2/10/1999 12:22:37 AM
My PB is 5.0.2!

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] wrote in message ...
>If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of.
>Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to
>contact them directly to determine that.  Are you having a particular
>problem with the drivers you have now?
>
>On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
>A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote:
>>

>---
>Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
>mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
>                                        | http://www.romac-source.com
>
>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of
Assisi]
>http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

You can download 5.0.04 from:
http://support.sybase.com/esd/pb.html

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
A-B-C wrote in message ...
>My PB is 5.0.2!
>
>Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] wrote in message ...
>>If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of.
>>Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to
>>contact them directly to determine that.  Are you having a particular
>>problem with the drivers you have now?
>>
>>On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800,
>> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
>>A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote:
>>>

>>---
>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
>>mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
>>                                        | http://www.romac-source.com
>>
>>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of
>Assisi]
>>http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

0
Terry

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PowerBuilder 5.0.01 and MS SQL 6.5 Slowest than ever
I have a program developed in PB 5.0.01 connected to a MS SQL 6.5 databse, i have problems using cursors, i lost some information when i used, using in the DBParm the parameters CursorScroll an CursorLock solve the problem but the time of response is very slow. Have some one of you had the same problem or already worked with those parameters, Thanks in advance. This only onccurs with MS SQL Server , with Sybase, Oracle doesn't. ...

PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)
Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2005? The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2000. It is work fine. John Hi John; AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be 1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set. 2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS20...

MS SQL server 6.5 table's columns cannot be seen through pb 5.x
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007F_01BECF9F.B8FDC0E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have both PB 5.x and PB 6.5 installed in the same machine. When I = connect to the MS SQL server database through PB 6.5 it is connecting & = working fine both through native driver & ODBC driver. But when I try to = connect to the same database in PB 5.x through native driver, it = connects fine. But when I try to open a table, I am getting error saying = that the col...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PowerBuilder 4.0.3 & MS SQL server 6.5
From Enrique Rosales, Unisys Uruguay. Please, I need to know if is it compatible PowerBuilder 4.0.03 with Microsoft SQL Server 6.5? Thanks for your help. email: enriquerosales@unn.unisys.com >Please, I need to know if is it compatible PowerBuilder 4.0.03 with >Microsoft SQL Server 6.5? >Thanks for your help. > With the native drivers, I don't believe so. PB4.03 was compatible with MS SQL 6.0 with native drivers. When 6.5 came out, there were problems that were not fixed until I believe 4.07 (check with PS support to be sure about the release). Larry Cerm...

Native database driver for MS SQL 7.0 with PB 6.5
Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm currently using PB 6.5. TIA, Toms On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:07:12 +0700, "Toms" <t0ms@iname.com> wrote: >Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm >currently using PB 6.5. Microsoft wants everyone to use ODBC and they no longer recommend or support native connectivity for 7.0. You can still safely use the MSS 6.5 native driver from PB, but you will not be able to take advantage of some MS SQL Server 7.0 features. -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] ...

Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5
Does anyone know if there is a Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5? My installation has a Native Database Driver for MS SQL Server 6.x. I have looked all over the Sybase site for a possible download and cannot find it. I downloaded the IM6532.exe maintainence release and did not find it in there. Rich Edwards There is no native driver for MSSQL7 in IM6.x. Use the 6 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/s...

Performance Issue with PowerBuilder 6.5 Native Drivers and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, I'm having a performance issue with the PB 6.5 Native driver with MSSQL 6.5, if i'm using the ODBC my request to the database are responding really fast, but i want to use to Native drivers. Before i was using the 16 bit Native drivers and it was working fine, but since i've changed to the 32 bit PB 6.5 native driver, most of my db request are really slow. I've search on the sybase infobase and i can't find anything... Could somebody give my advise.... Thanks Mark ...

Web resources about - How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 5:05:47 PM