How do I connect to a MS SQL Server database as 2nd connect

The program uses a SQLBase database, but I need a 2nd connection to a MS SQL
Server database. I tried creating a connectstring like the connection to SQLBase
using a new transaction object inherited from n_tr. My connectstring looks like:

ConnectString='DSN=newsqldb;DB=newsqldb;SRVR=HERA;UID=xxx;PWD=xxxxxx;'

But I get the following error: Database connection failed.
Error message 10002
Invalid login id entered.

The login id was not in error - I can connect to the database throught PB
database painter - MS SQL Server Query Analyzer.

Does anyone know how I should create this connection?
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sandy
Sandy

I assume that you have verified that the configuration used in the DB
painter matches what you are using in script (i.e., the Preview tab of
the database profile). I expect that something is not quite configured
correctly.
--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

how do u connect to a ms sql server database?
I am a definite beginner w/asp.net I need to know how to connect to a ms sql server database and what the code would be in html or asp.net in order to integrate and connect to the database. thanks here's an example: conAuthors = new SqlConnection( "Server=(local);USER ID=admin;Password=admin;database=Authors" ); conAuthors .Open(); This connection is for an SQL Server Desktop Edition database. You should replace (local) witht he appropriate Server name. HI!! in order t oconnect to the SQL server you need to use the string connection and it de...

Server database connection and MS SQL @@IDENTITY
Hi, I have a DataSnap application that uses TCP (TDSTCPServerTransport) between the client and the server. I am using MS SQL Server with IDENTITY columns. After inserting a new row, I return @@IDENTITY to the client. Because the database connection is maintained by the server, @@IDENTITY returns the last value inserted in the database, regardless of the user. If user 1 and user 2 both insert rows at the same time, user 1 may get the @@IDENTITY value from user 2. Does anyone have a way around this? Thanks, David It sounds like your server application is sharing a SQL connection ...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

How to create a connection with database in MS-Access or SQL-Server
 Hi all, Recently I was trying to create a connection between my web page and a database created in MS-Access/SQL-Server. But I fail at last. Please help me to do this. Write all the steps. Looking for a perfect solution.   Thanking,Kristian  please do not waste our time... http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/Matthew M. Osbornhttp://blog.osbornm.comhttp://weblogs.asp.net/asptest"Change the world or go home." Hi Kristian, Connecting to MS-Access or SQL-Server by ADO.NET is simple, you can do a research on the Internet or MSDN. The following de...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

way to specify database to connect to using ms sql server
is there a way to specify database to connect to in the connect string? using ms sql server and pb 10.5 I need to connect to different databases within the same sql server. That would depend on the connection method. Are you using ADO .Net, ODBC or OLE DB? "Vipul Katyal" <vipul_AT_myvisionexpress.com> wrote in message news:46be598a$1@forums-1-dub... > is there a way to specify database to connect to in the connect string? > using ms sql server and pb 10.5 > > > I need to connect to different databases within the same sql server. i ...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Web resources about - How do I connect to a MS SQL Server database as 2nd connect - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...