Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please
remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying to
connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003".

OS=NT 4.0 Server
PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition
SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition

I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0

0
Abdul

I don't believe this is going to be possible without at least upgrading to the
latest maintenance release of 6.x.

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:59:56 -0700,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database
Abdul Lateef <abdul_lateef@usa.net> wrote:
>Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please
>remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying to
>connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003".
>
>OS=NT 4.0 Server
>PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition
>SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition
>
>I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com   | http://www.kforce.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm
0
Bruce

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

PB 6.0/MS SQL Server 7.0
How do I set up a connection to my MS SQL Server 7.0 database using PowerBuilder 6.0? Trying to set up a Database Profile for the MSSQL 7.0 database doesn't seem to work. I also tried connecting through ODBC, but I get an error message when trying to open the database: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. I know my ODBC Data Source is connecting to the database. I was able to test it through Access. Is there an updated driver/dll for MS SQL Server 7.x? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike A quick scan of the other ne...

pfc and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PFC and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PB.6.5.1. or 7.0 & MSSQL 7.0 overflow error
In an aplication made with PB 6.5.1 or PB 7.0. & MSS SQL server 7.0 we have a problem when we do "getchild" in a datawindow and after that, we do "insertrow" into the same datawindow. The message error is this: "Select error: Data-conversion resulted in overflow". We can not change this order because our application is too big and there are plenty situations like this. Is there any setting or somethnig that can solve this conflict without change the order? Thanks in advance. The problem was the spanish version of MS SQL Server 7.0. With the...

pb 7.0.3 build 10089 and sql server 7.0 : Slow Connection
We've got the same problem as earlier mentioned by Ken Freeman (see message below), but we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 and sql server 7.0?!!? Can anyone help us? "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? > > Thanks, > Ken > > ...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 7.0 and SQL 7.0 Help
1. I create a User Group and list of user attached in this group in my Windows NT Domain. I've create a login for the group in MSSQL and the security options using Windows NT and MSSQL. 2. My client application login screen having user ID and Password field for entry. How could make use of windows NT ID and Password validation for the connectivity and I've tried DBParm Integrated = 1 and the verification of User ID and Password will always defaulted to the person login on the particular PC to NT although I've specified an invalid ID and Password. Can someone help ...

Web resources about - Help me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0 & Versions B/W PB 6.0 and PB 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Clowdy - Connecting Creatives with Music, Film & Photos on the App Store on iTunes
Get Clowdy - Connecting Creatives with Music, Film & Photos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...