Executing oracle stored procedures from powerbuilder

Hi all

We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the
processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are
currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to
execute stored procs for sybase

Declare instance variables:

 DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR
         @RC = p_KitAdd_p
         @OrgId = :OrgId,
         @ProductId = :ProductId,
         @KitID = :is_kitid,
         @Note = :is_notename,
         @Letter = :is_letter,
         @paper = :is_paper,
         @inTS = :id_TS  ;

In script for add button:

 Execute ptKitAdd ;

 If SQLCA.sqlcode = -1 Then
     messagebox("SQL Error", SQLCA.sqlerrtext)
     Rollback using SQLCA;
     Close ptKitAdd ;
     Return
Else
    Fetch ptKitAdd Into :RC;
    Close ptKitAdd ;

   If RC <> errconstant Then
       Event ge_errorcheck()
       RC = 0
       Return
    End If
    Commit Using SQLCA;
    If SQLCA.sqlcode = -1 Then
        Rollback using SQLCA ;
        Return
    End If
End If

My question is what would the instance variable declaration for the oracle
equivalent stored procedure look like because i get a "wrong type or number
of aruments" message if i execute the script against the oracle database.
The procedure works however if i execute it manually

Thanks
Jaco Grobler

0
Jaco

Executing oracle stored procedure in powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

Executing oracle stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

ORACLE Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder
I am trying to pass a dynamic procedure name and dynamic number of arguments to a DECLARE and EXECUTE (procedurename) statement within Powerbuilder 6.5. The name and number of arguments are stored on a table and they are syntactically extracted into variables. Any suggestions? ...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Executing Oracle stored functions from PowerBuilder
I am trying to executing a stored function in Oracle (v7.3) from Powerbuilder (v5.0). I am getting an error message stating PLS - 00201 : Identifier 'X' must be declared The execute statement is EXECUTE SF_CALC(347, 'FIX', 10390, x, y) I have declared x and y as int in Powerscript and as OUT parameters in the stored function The OS is Win 95 Any help is greatly appreciated You need to use declare/execute/fetch: integer arg_1, arg_3 string arg_2, arg_x, arg_y, return_value DECLARE sf_calc PROCEDURE FOR sf_calc(:arg_1, :arg_2, :arg_3) USING SQLCA; ...

Execute stored procedure via Powerbuilder
Hi, when I do "Select * From User_procedures;" I get all my stored procedures in a list-view. Then when I want to execute a stored procedure from that list : "EXECUTE SP_POST_ACTION_LIST_MESSAGES;" I get an error : Line 3 - ORA-20003 Does anyone have a clue why I'm getting this and how I can execute that stored procedure ? Hey, Now when I open the database via Powerbuilder, you can have a look at the "Procedures & Functions". I can't find my stored procedure in that list. Executing a stored procedure from that list is no problem, so ...

Powerbuilder-Oracle dynamic procedure execution (In OUT)
How do I execute an Oracle 8i stored procedure which has IN OUT arguments in powerbuilder 7.0. I am using Declare, Prepare , Execute etc, since my requirement demands dynamic execution. It looks like PB considers IN OUT argument as just an OUT argument. If the IN OUT arg is at the end of the stored procedure. e.g. Proc1 ( Arg1 , Arg2 IN OUT). I am able to execute the procedure as "execute Proc1 (?)". If the IN OUT argument occurs in the middle like Proc1 (arg1, arg2 IN OUT , arg2 ), I couldn't find a way to execute this in PB. "execute Proc1(?,?)", gives ...

Using Oracle Stored Procedures in Powerbuilder
I need to populate a datawindow using an Oracle stored procedure. I went through various faxline documents and found that the PBDBMS.put_line option was not useful in my case, as I was going to return multiple result sets based on cursor processing. I took the suggested option of creating a package which had a stored procedure which was returning various output variables of type table. The output variables correspond to each column of the datawindow. I will have to define the procedure as an RPC in the transaction object. I am having a problem with this. When I go into Local external f...

problem in executing the stored procedure from powerbuilder
i have a stored procedure in sybase as follows. create procedure p_tes_update_open_seats @class_id int, @enroll_cnt int, @ret_value int output as Declare @capacity int, @open_seats int Select @capacity = capacity From classes Where class_id = @class_id Select @open_seats = @capacity - @enroll_cnt Update classes Set open_seats = @open_seats Where class_id = @class_id if @@error !=0 Begin Select @ret_value = -1 End else Begin Select @ret_value = 1 End i wanted to execute the above procedure, so i wrote like the code as follows in powerbuilde...

Dynamically Executing DB2 stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi, I am trying to execute DB2 Stored Procedure using Dynamic SQL - Type 4 Statement. It throws me some error. Please find the code snippet below:- (Note: Procedure Name, Parameter Name & Parameter Value and DataType are passed at runtime) When it executes the statement "EXECUTE DYNAMIC sp_execution USING DESCRIPTOR SQLDA ;" from the below code. It throws the error "The value of Host variable in the open or Execute statement cannot be used because of its datatype" which means it says that the "Datatype of the parameter passed and the parameter inside...

MS SQL Stored Procedure not executing properly from Powerbuilder
Hi I have written a stored procedure in MS-SQL 7.0 which creates a copy of existing database. When I execute the procedure from query analyser, the procedure gets executed succesfully and a new database is created using the parameters supplied to it. I am calling this stored procedure from my PowerBuilder 7.0 application. Here also, procedure gets executed without generating any error. But the database does not get created. It is not visible thru SQL Enterprise Manager. Therefore I can connect to this Database. Interesting thing is that data files get created by procedure. Am...

MS SQL Stored Procedure not executing properly from Powerbuilder
Hi I have written a stored procedure in MS-SQL 7.0 which creates a copy of existing database. When I execute the procedure from query analyser, the procedure gets executed succesfully and a new database is created using the parameters supplied to it. I am calling this stored procedure from my PowerBuilder 7.0 application. Here also, procedure gets executed without generating any error. But the database does not get created. It is not visible thru SQL Enterprise Manager. Therefore I can connect to this Database. Interesting thing is that data files get created by procedure. Am...

PowerBuilder 8 and Oracle 8 Stored Procedure Datawindow
I worked many years with Sql Server and it was easy to do, but I don't know how to do in Oracle: How a Oracle 8 Stored Procedure can return to PowerBuilder 8 the result of a query or a recordset (in Sql Server is as easy as put a select sentence at the end of the procedure). I don't want to use temporary tables for a concurrence issue. Can anyone give me a help? Thanks in advance, Ra�l La Torre You need a REF CURSOR. See enclosed datawindow examples. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product ...

Stored Procedure called from PowerBuilder Fails to Execute Completely
I'm calling a Store procedure in MS SQLServer 6.5 from PowerBuilder 5 using the follwing call: DECLARE sp_GenerateTargets PROCEDURE FOR up_GenerateDailyTargets @as_tradeweek = :ls_tradeweek; EXECUTE sp_GenerateTargets; The SP uses a cursor to loop through code that looks for an existing row in the DB based on specified criteria, updating the row if found or inserting a new row if no row exists. It runs as expected everytime when called from SQLServer but never completes all interations through the cursor when called from PB. Does anyon...

Web resources about - Executing oracle stored procedures from powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles