error create view with union of tables

because a view with a union of tables cannot be generated

" select id_col_a from tabla_1 union all select id_col_a  from tabla_2 "

This of cannot be generated.

This message is the error message
Seth operators may not to appear within definition of to view

0
Raul
3/23/2004 9:13:41 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.database 9855 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Raul,

Sorry I appear to be missing your question and also where in PowerBuilder
you are facing this issue. Could you please explain the problem in a little
bit more detail ?

Thanks,

Sanjiv.

"Raul Gil" <rgil@gruponuevomundo.com.pe> wrote in message
> because a view with a union of tables cannot be generated
>
> " select id_col_a from tabla_1 union all select id_col_a  from tabla_2 "
>
> This of cannot be generated.
>

> This message is the error message
> Seth operators may not to appear within definition of to view

0
Sanjiv
3/24/2004 6:33:45 AM
What kind of database is this?  I've never seen a dbms where you cannot use
a  UNION within a View.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

> because a view with a union of tables cannot be generated
>
> " select id_col_a from tabla_1 union all select id_col_a  from tabla_2 "
>
> This of cannot be generated.
>

> This message is the error message
> Seth operators may not to appear within definition of to view

0
Terry
3/25/2004 7:29:36 PM
In my experience, Sybase ASE 12.0 and under can't use a UNION in a
view.  That was added in Sybase ASE 12.5.

Same problem with "old" databases like Informx v4 and DB2/400.

On 25 Mar 2004 11:29:36 -0800, "Terry Dykstra"
<dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x> wrote:

>What kind of database is this?  I've never seen a dbms where you cannot use
>a  UNION within a View.

0
Matthew
3/25/2004 10:55:49 PM
Maybe I'm just spoiled with Oracle.  I've used them since Oracle 7.0.

--

"Matthew Chestnut" <matthew_chestnut at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
> In my experience, Sybase ASE 12.0 and under can't use a UNION in a
> view.  That was added in Sybase ASE 12.5.
>
> Same problem with "old" databases like Informx v4 and DB2/400.
>
> On 25 Mar 2004 11:29:36 -0800, "Terry Dykstra"
> <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x> wrote:
>
> >What kind of database is this?  I've never seen a dbms where you cannot
use
> >a  UNION within a View.

0
Terry

Cant create new database / CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262)
   I am using SQL express and Visual web developer on windows Vista. When I try to create a new database the following message appears.   CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262) I log on to my computer as an administrator. Help appreciated  Prontonet       How do you login to sql server? Do you use sql authentication? If so, check the account you  login with has appropriate permissions. Or are you using windows authentication?----------------------------------------------Mark helpful posts as "Answer"Check...

error message while creating table in the database
Hi I created database using SQL server and runs under Cassini. The creation of database is ok but I have a problem when I am creating the table in database. Whenever I execute the code to create the tables, it shows the error message like 'Server not found' or just hang there. Does anybody know why it hang while I am creating the table? Is it because of the code or it's the time out error. Pls help as I am very new to this area. MZ Are you tying to create tables in SQL Server (Query Analyzer or Enterprise Manager), or in Web Matrix, or in your web application code, or....??? If you ...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

Creating view on union subquery over OLEDB
I got error which says - Union is not allowed in subquery - when I try to create view like this:create view v_ab as SELECT id from a UNION ALL select id from bDoes anybody how can I create such view without error?ThanksPaaB Om Sri Sai Ram It should work.Can you give your table definitions,Thanks,RamThanks,RamOm Sri Sai Ram For testing need I just create table named a and b every with only one column named id and defined as integer. When I use the union query on the same tables in MS Access aplication then everything is OK - so it looks like an Access's...

Web Matrix + Creating Database and tables + Error
I'm using Web Matrix and following the "Web Matrix Project guided tour - Building and End-To-End Application (with C#.NET)". I created a new table, clicked okay and received the following error message: "Table could not be loaded from the database. Please check the status of your database..." "Error: [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" I click on the the label with the error on it and add my columns and set the properties in the design view. Then I switch to the data view to add data and the c...

Create Table/View fails although Table/View doesn't exist
Hi There, we have a problem with a customers database (SA 5.5.05 Build 2509). Create table or create view fails with the following message: 'Table or view already exists: item 'MYNEWTABLE' already exists' althoug there is no table/view with the specified name. We checked SYSTABLE and didn't find any table/view with the given name. We tried the validate: It says everything is ok. We unloaded the database and loaded the data in a new one. Everything works fine. But I want to know: How can it happen that the database was corrupted? Any ideas? I've s...

What is the best way to... Create an Edit view and View view of a custom table?
I have a Web User Control that needs to do 3 things: Display a subset of [Dynamic Data] to a user logged in as a Customer Display the full set of [Dynamic Data] to a user logged in as an Employee Allow Employees access to an Edit view to update some pieces of [Dynamic Data] I am working with a help desk issue tracking system, and the information I'm displaying is the details for an issue, and I don't think a Grid View will work b/c the information needs to be displayed like an input form.  As of now, I am dynamically creating a table in my .cs file and adding the tab...

SQL Error 2762
Hi all, I am running a Powerbuilder 5.5.0.3 app with an Adaptive Server backend (originally an SQL Anywhere database). In the midst of converting from SQL Anywhere to Adaptive, I have encountered a problem. I have a stored procedure that creates a temporary table, performs some insert statements to put rows in this temporary table, then does a select from the temporary table to return the rows as the result set for the stored procedure. When I run this stored procedure from within SQL Advantage, etc. the stored procedure works correctly, and returns rows. When I try to use t...

Creating new Tables/View in a SQL Database using VS.NET 2k3
Using server explorer in VS.NET, I can not create new tables or even views for a SQL database for exemple the Northwind DB. When I right click the Tables node I don't have anything labled Create new table, even for views.  Can someone point me how can switch to the design view in VS.NET?  In a Step by Step manner, please.  Thanks.I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code! any help please?I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code!...

PBv5.0.04 Create/Alter Table Error to MS SQL6.5 database
Currently, I cannot create or alter tables using Powerbuilder because the application can't find the table columns. Each time I attempt to open a database table (through PowerBuilder), I receive the error: Create/Alter Table Table "name of table" has no columns, posible invalid table format. I suspect that the problem is caused by recent installations of ODBC version 3.60.03.19 and Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 which has the latest Y2K update. I can view data in PowerBuilder and I can connect to database through other sources (e.g. MS Access 97). Is anyone famil...

table not found error when creating new table
Hi guys, This is my sec time having trouble with Sybase, where there seems no hints of what's it all about. I have just migrated my whole database from the old server to the new one, and this seems to be working quite fine. It can be queried, viewed, edited and manipulated easily(including it's data). However, I've also added several new tables to be used together inside this database. Now, the problem is, when I want to retrieve the results from these newly created tables by using the direct SQL query inside the SQL Advantage tool, it is working just fine, just li...

Create new Table
Hi, I create new database access with Web Matrix Wizard (microsoft access is not installed in my pc) and later I create new table with Data Wizard "Create new Table" but later inserted table name "prova", Web Matrix Wizard response: Error adding table The Error Description is in Italian: Il tipo di valore utilizzato dall'applicazione non è valido per l'operazione corrente. Help! I receive an error which I believe is the same. The message in English, in case it is useful to anyone, is: "Application uses a value of the wrong type for the curre...

error message: Fireuploader Error: Database not created!
Name: Erik Erikson Email: erikeatusdotibmdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: error message: Fireuploader Error: Database not created! Comments: Ever since I updated to Firefox 3.0.1 I get this message before Firefox will open/new window or tab will open. I also have uninstalled Firefox, & reinstalled the new version. What the ?!??? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 (CK-IBM) Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if ...

Web resources about - error create view with union of tables - sybase.powerbuilder.database

iRobot Create - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create ...

The Knot Creates Facebook Page To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Salvage Their Weddings
The damage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy included some 2,300 weddings that had to be postponed or rescheduled, according to wedding portal The ...

Huge Creates New Global CMO, Client Services Roles
Huge has elevated Managing Directors Patricia Korth-McDonnell and Eric Moore into the newly created global roles of chief marketing officer and ...

How to Create a Holiday Twitter Schedule
... Twitter-based Christmas, New Years, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and other celebrations to the last minute, we’ve got some ideas for you to help you create ...

Quickly and easily create and manage Twitter lists with Listomatic
... That was the realization that served as the impetus for Dylan Eirinberg, the developer of the nearby-events app In the Loop , to create Listomatic ...

Clift: GOP Will ‘Exploit The Hell’ Out of CA Attack To ‘Create As Much Fear’ As They Can
Eleanor Clift argued the GOP will "going to exploit the hell out of" the San Bernardino attack

Scientists Create Substance Harder and Brighter than Diamonds
... in store for this new material. By applying immense heat to loose carbon atoms, then cooling them immediately, the researchers created a new ...

French Minister Wants To Create $7500 Electric Car “For The People”
... change revs up, Madame Ségolène Royal, the French Minister of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy, announced that she wants to create ...

Create your own NBA highlight reel in minutes? We're almost there
The National Basketball Association is employing technology that can quickly create custom video packages. It's only a matter of time before ...

‘Star Wars’ International Box Office Will Create Huge Waves In “Uncharted Waters”
The most common refrain from exhibitors, rival distributors and industry watchers this week has been that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is entering ...