Dynamic SQL in Transact SQL

Does Dynamic SQL can be done in transact sql format in stored procedure?
If yes,
any reference can be read?
Thx.....

0
Andrew
7/6/2000 9:04:26 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.database 9855 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please Help me:SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database
Hi all, I am using Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 version 8.0.2.4239. I am able to sync successfully between 2 desktops with the same version. When I am trying to sync with my pocket pc device version 8.0.4122, Towards the end of Synchronization (nearly 95% completed) ,I am getting this error "E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database error ??? -- transaction rolled back E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database" The log file contains E. 05/29 19:28:31. SQL statement failed: (-301) Internal database er...

SQL Injection and Dynamic SQL
The consensus on avoiding SQL injection attacks is to pass all your collected data to a stored procedure. If you have to return a result set from a complex form, the answer seems to be to use dynamic SQL. On further study, I discovered that dynamic SQL has a lot of potential pitfalls and low and behold can still be vulnerable to injection attacks. I know that I am not the first person to ever try and collect data from a web form and return a result set, so what are the best practices? Say I have a complex form with about 25 search criteria (most of which are optional), I go through all t...

Watcom-SQL or Transact-SQL
In evaluating SQL Anyhwhere 5.5, I have noticed that stored procedures and triggers can be "viewed" as either Watcom or T-SQL. If I understand correctly, T-SQL is more transportable, as it is used by Sybase SQl Server, and also to some degree by MS SQL. Is Watcom SQL in place simply for backward compatibility, or are there other advantages? >In evaluating SQL Anyhwhere 5.5, I have noticed that stored procedures >and triggers can be "viewed" as either Watcom or T-SQL. If I >understand correctly, T-SQL is more transportable, as it is used by >Sybase S...

Problem inserting sql query into database float datatype field using SQL Transaction
I have this problem of inserting my query into database field. My code is as of below. The @AVERAGESCORE parameter is derived from Dim averagescore As Single = (122 * 1 + 159 * 2 + 18 * 3 + 3 * 4 + 0 * 5) / (122 + 159 + 18 + 3 + 0) and the value returned is  (averagescore.toString("0.00")) However, I have error inserting the averagescore variable into a field of datatype float during the transaction. I have no problems when using non transactional sql insert methods. What could be the problem?   Try Dim i As Integer ...

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to create SQL Mobile 2005 database from a MS SQL 2005 database?
Hi guys,I'm trying to find solutions to help me in creating a SQL Mobile 2005 database from a SQL 2005 database, with the same table structure and data.May I know how can I achieve this?Thanks.Regards,Jenson Hi Jenson, Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server 2005 is able to open SQL Mobile 2005 database. However you need either SQL or .NET code to convert SQL Mobile 2005 database this way. Here is an example from MSDN forums which is to convert to xls instead: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=78640&SiteID=1Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Suppo...

what's difference between Accesss DataBase and Sql Sever about Sql String(or Command),Sql StoreProcedure ?
i am being dirty to Access DataBase from Sql Sever Database for my new work.But the sql string of Access sounds like a little different,can i use  the sql string of SqlSever for Access database,too?another question is: Does Access DataBase support Sql StoreProcedure??? when i worked in Access2000 ,did not see any about StoreProcedure,but i download a file named AccessHelper.cs  , some function of it looks like support StoreProcedure,Does it?  i want to fly ... Hi dkzeng ,Your first question     The string of both sqlsever and acce...

Transact-SQL vs. Watcom-SQL?
This falls under the "I know I'm supposed to know this but I don't" category: what is Transact-SQL? Is my understanding correct that Transact-SQL is the SQL dialect used by Microsoft's SQL Server, while Watcom-SQL is the dialect used by Sybase's SQLAnywhere? That's correct.. Sybase ASE and MS SQLServer came from the same codebase, many moons ago. The common dialect for both products is Transact-SQL, although they've diverged somewhat over the years. Watcom-SQL is the SQLAnywhere/ASA dialect. Paul Horan Rick Charnes <rick.charnes@state.ma...

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

Dynamic SQL
We have a problem with one cursor, in Embedded SQL/C that uses DYNAMIC SQL. The cursor works fine in SQL Advantage, and when NOT using the ? (dynamic SQL). Other similar dynamic sql cursors work fine also. This cursor always returns SQL NOT FOUND - even though it should be returning multiple rows. We have SQLSERVER 11.0.x - UNIXWARE And we have Adaptive Server 11.5 - NT Same results. Please help. Todd.C.Hampson@boeing.com Could you post your cursor code (declare, open, fetch, while loop) along with index structures of your cursor's table. Not...

SQL Exception Handling and SQL Transactions
Hi guys, Does any one know how to detect when a SQL transaction has been rolled back in either a windows application or ASP.NET. My Transactions always run but when they are rolled back Visual Basic does not pick up any errors in the 'Try Catch SqlException'. Does any one know a way round this. Sorry for the lack of code. Im writing this post on a friends PC but i wil put up my code as soon as possible. Thanks in advance Matt I guess you are having sql transaction(s) in some stored-procedures. In the stored-procedure you can use RAISERROR("Transaction failed", 16, 1) af...

Dealing with datetime and SQL Transact-SQL
I am trying to make a stored procedure in SQLServer Express.The question is related to this stored procedure / transact - sql.  I think i am doing something wrong with datetime.Here is the stored procedure.The error i am getting is that:Msg 241, Level 16, State 1, Line 20Syntax error converting datetime from character string.  ===================================== DECLARE    @websiteID  intDECLARE    @dateFrom  datetimeDECLARE    @dateTo  datetimeDECLARE    @sortbystring  varchar (20)set @websiteID...

Web resources about - Dynamic SQL in Transact SQL - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Transact-SQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Transact-SQL ( T-SQL ) is Microsoft 's and Sybase 's proprietary extension to SQL . SQL, the acronym for Structured Query Language, is a standardized ...

TransACT signs $14.9m datacentre contract with CrimTrac
Regional telecommunications company and iiNet subsidiary, TransACT, has signed a $14.9 million agreement with the CrimTrac Agency for the provision ...

TransACT signs data centre deal with CrimTrac
TransACT signed a $14.9 million, 10-year agreement to provide data centre services to CrimTrac.

NAB apologises for Transact issues
National Australia Bank (NAB) has apologised to customers for ongoing problems with its Transact online payment service including log-in issues, ...

AmEx Tests New Ways to Transact in Social Media
While adland has obsessed over what brands should say on these social-media outlets, AmEx's John Hayes and his team are testing ways to transact ...

ShopKeep POS App For iPad Now Lets You Transact With Open Checks
The popular iPad point-of-sale app ShopKeep POS has just been updated with a significant new feature: support for checks.

A future where 'anything can transact'
As money gets stored digitally and cards aren't necessary for purchases, the wallet may go out of business.

Transact-SQL Named Programming Language of 2013
Transact -SQL, the language behind SQL Server, was named language of 2013 by the TIOBE Index.

NBN Co deal with TransACT to speed ACT rollout and lower costs
NBN Co has reached an agreement with TransACT/iiNet for the purchase of their TransACT-branded fibre-to-the-premises network in the ACT and access ...

Ease of doing biz: Mutual Fund investors can transact via WhatsApp, other apps
Mutual fund houses are tapping social media platforms like WhatsApp and a host of other calling and messaging apps to facilitate transactions ...