Connecting to SQL Server 2005 from PowerBuilder 7.0

I am using Power Builder 7.0 and connecting to SQL Server
2000 usng native drivers. Now I am upgrading SQL Server 2000
to SQL Server 2005.

I am getting the following error when I try connecting to
SQL 2005:

SQLCode = -1
SQLDBCODE=10003
SQLErrText =  Login Incorrect

Please let me know whether it is possible to connect to SQL
Server 2005 using PB 7.0

Thanks in advance
0
EasyTrak

You should be able to use OLE_DB connection with the later versions of PB
7.0.x.  I had a customer that used PB 7.0.3 after the SQL Server upgrade
without any problems reports, since the customer has upgraded to 10.5.1 PB
so I really do not have a way to test at this point.

<EasyTrak> wrote in message news:468f97e2.3e7c.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am using Power Builder 7.0 and connecting to SQL Server
> 2000 usng native drivers. Now I am upgrading SQL Server 2000
> to SQL Server 2005.
>
> I am getting the following error when I try connecting to
> SQL 2005:
>
> SQLCode = -1
> SQLDBCODE=10003
> SQLErrText =  Login Incorrect
>
> Please let me know whether it is possible to connect to SQL
> Server 2005 using PB 7.0
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Tyler
7/9/2007 4:16:40 PM
 MS dropped the native driver support in SS2005 (idiots)!

<EasyTrak> wrote in message news:468f97e2.3e7c.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am using Power Builder 7.0 and connecting to SQL Server
> 2000 usng native drivers. Now I am upgrading SQL Server 2000
> to SQL Server 2005.
>
> I am getting the following error when I try connecting to
> SQL 2005:
>
> SQLCode = -1
> SQLDBCODE=10003
> SQLErrText =  Login Incorrect
>
> Please let me know whether it is possible to connect to SQL
> Server 2005 using PB 7.0
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Chris
7/16/2007 5:48:47 AM
On Jul 16, 7:48 am, "Chris Pollach" <cpoll...@travel-net.com> wrote:
>  MS dropped the native driver support in SS2005 (idiots)!
>

> <EasyTrak> wrote in messagenews:468f97e2.3e7c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> >I am using Power Builder 7.0 and connecting to SQL Server
> > 2000 usng native drivers. Now I am upgrading SQL Server 2000
> > to SQL Server 2005.
>
> > I am getting the following error when I try connecting to
> > SQL 2005:
>
> > SQLCode = -1
> > SQLDBCODE=10003
> > SQLErrText =  Login Incorrect
>
> > Please let me know whether it is possible to connect to SQL
> > Server 2005 using PB 7.0
>
> > Thanks in advance- Hide quoted text -

Actually they didn't.
You need to manually install ntwdblib.dll on clients.
HTH

0
strider5

connecting to sql server 2005 from powerbuilder 7.0?
Hi , Would anyone know how to connect from powerbuilder 7.0 to sql server 05? Do I need additional oledb / odbc drivers? And Where can i get them? Also , once i get the driver what classes etc do i need (I would be greatful if someone could give me a link?) Gideon I've used the ODBC drivers that are installed with the SQL Server 2K5 client. (Not sure what you mean by classes.) Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten giddy wrote: > Would anyone know how to connect from powerbuilder 7.0 to sql server > 05? > > Do I need additio...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Chinese became chaos code on PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0
I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0, I keyed in Chinese data when Chinese became chaos code on display. I preview or print out also got the chaos code. I used OLE DB to link with SQL server 7.0 Please give me comment to fix it. -- Best Regards Wong Tat Ming Tel: 25235090 Email: tmwong@diagnostix.com.hk You need the Unicode versions of these.... PB 10.0 or higher plus SS2005 will get you to full Unicode compatibility. "chu" <chuchoy@msn.com> wrote in message news:4588d7be$1@forums-1-dub... > I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to ...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and My SQL, MSDE database connection
Hi all Is it possible to connect My SQL database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 application? If so what is the connection parameter? Also, Is it possible to connect MSDE Database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 Application? If so what is the connection parameter for MSDE database? Is it any ODBC drivers need to be configured for the above said databases (My SQL and MSDE). Where could I get the ODBC drivers for My SQL database and MSDE database? also what is the installation procedure? Is there any special steps need to be followed to configure the My SQL or MSDE databases w...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

POWERBUILDER 7.0
I am having problems getting updates to commit through powerbuilder. We have a few layers of stored procedures which make the queries a little long. Have tried MSS, ODBC, OLE DB connections, we've been messing with connection options for weeks, nothing seems to work. ODBC traces show success. This may not help you much; but, we have been using PB 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 for months in a production application and have never had a problem with commits on updates (using native MSS drivers). So, I would look at your own code. Where do you issue the commits? regards ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Connecting to a SQL Server 7.0 database using 2005 developer edition
We've got a legacy database still running on SQL Server 7.0 which I'd like to manage using SQL Server 2005 management studio. When I try and connect I get the following error-  "This version of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio can only be used to connect to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 servers" Is there any way round this? I'm using the 2005 Developer's edition if that makes any difference.   The only workaround will be to use SQL Server Enterprise Manager, I think. A simple approach would be to upgrade your SQL Server 7.0 to a 2000 versi...

SQl server 7.0 and Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello there. I have this situation we,re working with Powerbuilder 9.0 and SQL Server 7.0 with an original application developed in Powerbuilder 6.5, this mean that we made the update to 9.0, well after that in some SQL that involve string field like char or varchar the values were evaluated with double quoted like this example type in "1","2". Select * from clients Where tipo in " 1","2" Well this syntax generated error because dont recognize del double quote, now the syntax must use single quoted '1', '2' li...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

Web resources about - Connecting to SQL Server 2005 from PowerBuilder 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles