Connecting ODBC error

Hi,
Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000,
but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is  SQLSTATE
= S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range

how i solve it,
Thank u

from,
tan

0
btckns

Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF.

/ck

"btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000,
> but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is
SQLSTATE
> = S1003
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range
>
> how i solve it,
> Thank u
>
> from,
> tan

0
Chris
5/28/2002 4:07:31 AM
thank you, i will try it....

"Chris Keating" <fight_spam_keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF.
>
> /ck
>

> "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000,
> > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is
> SQLSTATE
> > = S1003
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range
> >
> > how i solve it,
> > Thank u
> >
> > from,
> > tan

0
btckns

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC error (Database error)
Hi, We are working with PB 5.04 on Windows 95. When we use ODBC connectivity with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases we have problems with datetime (timestamp in SQLAnywhere) fields. The error that PB reports is : Database Error. SQLSTATE = 07006 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]: cannot convert 1990-07-14 00:00:00. -10742 to a date/time I have installed Windows95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version), Internet Explorer 4.01 (spanish version), Microsoft Outlook 98 (spanish version), PB 4 and PB 5.04. I have another PC with Windows 95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version), Inter...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Error in connecting to a database via ODBC from a PB7 MTS Component
Hey everyone, I've developed a simple MTS/COM component in PowerBuilder and I've deployed it to my MTS server, i've added code to access a SQL Server database on my machine via ODBC, I"ve also developed an ASP page as the client and everytime it connects to the component and runs the 'dbsetup()' function I wrote to connect to the database, the following error comes back to me: SQLSTATE = S1110 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Only SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT is allowed when connection pooling is enabled whats really odd, is that whether or not I specify a correct...

check my way to connect database and give me some suggesstions to fix my error (ODBC)
I have a ASP.net (VB.net) It has been on server for 4 months. But some time it have an error (once time in a day) about database connect, sometime is not. If this error Occur, I always access to server/control Panel/IIS/…ApplicantionPools/default AppTool and stop then start it. After that, my web page display normaly again. I can not find out why the error occur  and slove, but i think the way to connect to database may be cause this error while have too many user access. Please check:   My database is SQLBase and used ODBC to connect.  1. When design a webcode I always...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

Communication error on ODBC connection to ASA 10 database on remote computer
Hello, I'm unsuccessfully trying to establish an ODBC connection from a 32 bit Windows Vista computer to an ASA 10.0.1.3515 build on a 64 bit Windows 2003 server through tcpip. I created a system dsn entry on the Vista computer with a 32 bit SQL Anywhere 10 driver and the tcpip entry HOST=3d87.106.28.212;PORT=3d49152;CPORT=3d49430-49450 because according to the log of the db server (-z option) instead of port 2638 port 49152 is used. If I test the connection I'll get the following error: Connection failed: Connection Error: Server found, but communication error The...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

ODBC Error 08001 Database Error -84
I am receiving this error on a Windows 98 pc. I am new to Sybase SQL Database. I got roped up into this problem One Computer has: ODBC Error 08001 Database Error -84. [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive serber anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: specified database is invalid Another Computer Has: Windows 98 Computer Also. Data source name not found and no default driver specified Any help would be greatly appreciated. Scott Please copy my email address: intercontinental@covad.net You might get more help on sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general news...

I'm getting java.sql.SQLException and Database not found error while connecting SQL Anyware using ODBC driver.
Hi Friends, I'm getting java.sql.SQLException and Database not found error while connecting SQL Anyware using ODBC driver. I've specified following points while creating the DSN DSN name=xyz Server name=abc User name=pqr password=**** And I'm trying to access this database by writing a JAVA program. I created URL like this jdbc:odbc:xyz Now it is throwing above error can anyone please suggest me how to get rid of this problem, any thing more has to be done, please specify Thanks in advance, hamsa ...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Web resources about - Connecting ODBC error - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...