Connect to SQL Anywhere 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5

Hi,

Our PB 6.0 app. is running on the local workstation interfacing SQL
Anywhere 5.0 DB on c: drive as temperary database and interfacing MSSQL 6.5
as primary data source.  Data is upload from local SQL Anywhere 5.0 db to
MSSQL 6.5 thru pipelines.

Questions:

1. When connecting to MSSQL 6.5, Should we use ODBC SQL Server driver or PB
native MS SQL 6.X driver ?  We are using ODBC driver to connect to local
SQL Anywhere now.

2.  Where can we get the latest version of ODBC MS SQL Server driver or PB
Native driver for MS SQL 6.5 ?

3. SQL Anywhere 5.0 allow mutliple column of datatype timestamp but MSSQL
6.5 only allow one per table.   Is there any other data type the MSSQL 6.5
supports that can easily convert timestamp to ?

Thanks

Jean

0
Jean

>Questions:
>
>1. When connecting to MSSQL 6.5, Should we use ODBC SQL Server driver or PB
>native MS SQL 6.X driver ?  We are using ODBC driver to connect to local
>SQL Anywhere now.

It doesn't really matter as long as you have a connection.

>2.  Where can we get the latest version of ODBC MS SQL Server driver or PB
>Native driver for MS SQL 6.5 ?

The odbc driver I don't know, MS maybe.  Check the powersoft ftp site
(ftp.powersoft.com) for the latest 6.5 release.

>3. SQL Anywhere 5.0 allow mutliple column of datatype timestamp but MSSQL
>6.5 only allow one per table.   Is there any other data type the MSSQL 6.5
>supports that can easily convert timestamp to ?

I'm not quite sure about this one, sorry.

Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)
0
lcermak

Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database
Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it when I try to create a database profile in PB6.5 ??. I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC. Thanks Ravi Nath Ravi, SQL Anywhere uses the ODBC interface as native so that's the right way to go. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.com SAS wrote in message ... >Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it >when I try to create >a database profile in PB6.5 ??. >I c...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

SQL Anywhere 8.0 client connecting to 5.5 database
I currently have a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database server running on NT 4 Server. I am planning an upgrade to 8.0. Because of logistics, I want to install the 8.0 client on the workstations first while connecting to the 5.5 database. Will the 8.0 client connect to the 5.5 database?? Do you have any other helpful tips for the upgrade process from 5.5 to 8.0?? Thank you in advance! NWesturn The 8.0 and 5.5 products can co-exist. They share no files and the only problem you might have is that the utilities (like dbinit) have the same name so make sure you find the right ones when you use...

PB 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 connection failed.
Hello, I have a problem of PB6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ( which is buddled with PB 6.0). I wrote an applications with PB6.5 and created the database in SQL Anywhere 5.0. It works in my PC normally. However I cannot install the user's PC because the application cannot connect with the database though ODBC. I have setup the ODBC configuration with 32-bit ODBC administrator with is in Control Panel. And the setting is the same as the PC for development. I also installed the PB runtime files and another SQL anywhere stand alone server to user's PC. The user's PC is instal...

Linux EAServer 6 + unixODBC + SQL AnyWhere 5.5.0.5
Dear All, I have the following problem: I just wanted to create a webDW which retrieves data from an SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5 database. After deploying, I cannot see data on the webpage, and the EAServer log file shows the following line: [OdbcConnection] ODBCError: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002, Msg: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified. As I figured out ( hopefully in a good way ), I have to create a proper data source configuration in the odbc.ini file. My question is: How can I get a Linux driver for SQLAnyWhere 5.5.0.5? O...

WARNING: Connections to SQL Anywhere 5.5 or ASA 6.0 no longer works properly after applying last patches !!
We are using PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to connect to SQL Anywhere 5.5 and ASA 6.0 databases. After applying the last ASA patch (6.0.3) on my PC, it no longer works properly. In the database painter and whenever I access an ASA database, all the table names appears in lowercase (they previously appeared in uppercase) and I can no longer edit or view the indexes. In SQL central, anything is still OK. The problem only happens in Powerbuilder. So, I suppose it's related to the PB/ODBC interface... Perhaps I need to add something in the PBODB050.INI file ... but what ? The very sam...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Netware 5.0
I understand that SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 as shipped will not work properly with Novell Netware 5.0. Has anyone heard whether Sybase intends to release a version update to resolve these problems such as version 5.5.05? Alternatively, is there a later build of version 5.5.04 which will resolve the problems? Yes, there is an EBF available through Tech Support that allows 5.5.04 to run on Netware 5. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Novell 5.0
Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. There is an EBF that allows 5.5.04 to run in a NW 5 environment. Mark Black schrieb: > > Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a > client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. > When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.5 and VMWare
Are there any known issues with using SQL Anywhere on a Virtualised VMWare server, especially around replication processes ? We have a replication intensive db that our corporate IT dept want to virtualise onto a new server running VMWare. I need to know if there are any do's and don'ts that we should be aware of. Thanks in advance VMWare is not actually a support platform for ASA. Having said that, because VMWare is designed to be a virtual OS, we should still run within this environment. If there are problems that are encountered in a VMWare session, that cannot be r...

Sql anywhere 5.5 and 6.0 comptability
Hi everyone, I would like to know if Sql anywhere 5.5x and 6.0 are compatible, I mean I am using Sql Anywhere 5.5 and one of our client bought the 6.0 version. My application will work with 6.0? Thanks ---------------------------------------- Frederic MARGARIDO Fred@radiosoft.org If it is an embedded SQL app, then you will have to recompile using the new preprocessor. If it is an ODBC app then you will need to use a 6.0 ODBC datasource as opposed to a 5.x ODBC data source. You will still want to test it thoroughly and check the 6.0 documentation for listed behaviour chang...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and Sql Anywhere 5.5
I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal database errors ever since I switched my application from Powerbuilder 5.0 to 7.0. Do you know of any known problems with this. If so, what can I do about it? Please advise Define fatal database errors? Do you mean assertions? If so, read http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1010805. /ck <Jim_Sacks> wrote in message news:1B0972BF2418D403004477D285256AF2.004477E185256AF2@webforums... > I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal > database errors ever since I s...

FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4
hi, after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after "Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0. database consist of 3 files: db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes no LOG file accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows <-- can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine ==========...

Web resources about - Connect to SQL Anywhere 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

6 takeaways from CNN's Democratic town hall
CNN 6 takeaways from CNN's Democratic town hall CNN (CNN) In a campaign that's been filled with zingers and gotcha moments, Wednesday night's ...

Nintendo’s next mobile game will be on a popular character
Nintendo has just revealed some new but very, very small details about its first ever mobile game, like opening up pre-registrations. Suffice ...

GOPe FAUX CONTROVERSY #705: CNN and Rubio Campaign spread rumors that Carson was dropping out
Renee Nal, writing at Trevor Loudon 's site, offers a comprehensive timeline of the rumors that spread like wildfire during the Iowa Caucus votes ...

Civil Rights Advocate Mckesson Runs for Baltimore Mayor
Civil rights advocate DeRay Mckesson has joined the field seeking the Democratic nomination for mayor of Baltimore

Cosby case moves forward; deposition a key trial question
NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — As a sexual assault case against actor Bill Cosby moves forward, a key battle will be waged over explicit testimony he ...

Zika virus threat to Mediterranean holidays: UN warning that different species of mosquito found in Southern ...
Holidaymakers travelling to the Mediterranean this summer have been warned by the United Nations that the Zika virus could be passed by mosquito ...

'Alto's Adventure' is coming to Android next week, and it's free
Alto's Adventure was one of the best games to launch on the iPhone last year the beautiful visuals, addictive gameplay, and chill soundtrack ...

Hell, yeah, Amazon should open more bookstores
There is collective head-scratching across the InterWebs about a Wall Street Journal report that Amazon will open as many as 300, or even 400, ...

Toyota Ends Scion Brand – Why Did The Japanese Automaker Kill The Millennial/Hipster Brand?
Toyota has decided to end the Scion brand. The Japanese automaker indicated that the brand’s target audience, the millennial or hipster generation, ...

Google removes Samsung-advertised ad blocker for policy violation
It's not unusual for apps to be taken off a marketplace, even in Google's somewhat more embracing Play Store. But when that app happens to have ...