Connect To ASA 9 using OLE DB with PowerBuilder 9

I'm trying to connect to a database running ASA 9 in a linux pc from
powerbuilder 9.  I can't seem to find the right parameters, when I test the
connection the ODBC dialog pops up, and I want to make the connection
without ODBC.
Here's the connection params... please help me telling what I'm doing wrong.
(the server is starting as fernando, and the database is fernando.db)

// Profile fernando
SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
SQLCA.LogId = "dba"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm =
"PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',DATASOURCE='null',LOCATION='fernando',PROVIDERSTRING=''dbn=fernando''"

thx in advance

0
Carlos

You have not provided enough information to connect.

Possible cause: You do not have an engine that is running and the
autostart fails because you have not specified which database file you
would like to start and connect.

Recommendation:
1) Specify ENG=<engine_name> as a best practice
2) If autostarting the database, add DBF=<path and filename of DB> to
identify the database

If you are attempting to connect to an aleady running database, the DBF
is not needed.

SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
SQLCA.LogId = "dba"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm =
"PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',PROVIDERSTRING='eng=asademo9;dbn=asademo;dbf=c:\Program
Files\Adaptive Server Anywhere 9\asademo.db'"

Carlos wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to a database running ASA 9 in a linux pc from
> powerbuilder 9.  I can't seem to find the right parameters, when I test the
> connection the ODBC dialog pops up, and I want to make the connection
> without ODBC.
> Here's the connection params... please help me telling what I'm doing
> wrong.
> (the server is starting as fernando, and the database is fernando.db)
>
> // Profile fernando
> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
> SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
> SQLCA.LogId = "dba"
> SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
> SQLCA.DBParm =
> "PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',DATASOURCE='null',LOCATION='fernando',PROVIDERSTRING=''dbn=fernando''"
>

> thx in advance
0
Chris
4/20/2009 2:46:58 PM
This is the scenario

pc with windows xp , sql 9 (client)
i can login using interactive sql to the service in the linux pc, but can't
make a connection using ole db, it brings up odbc dialog.

pc with linux , sql 9 (server)
database running , service AA, database AA

both pc are running in the same network and subnet.

please tell me any additional info.
thx

"Chris Keating [Sybase iAnywhere]" <keating_no@spam_sybase.com> escribi� en
el mensaje de noticias:49ec8ae2$1@forums-1-dub...
> You have not provided enough information to connect.
>
> Possible cause: You do not have an engine that is running and the
> autostart fails because you have not specified which database file you
> would like to start and connect.
>

> Recommendation:
> 1) Specify ENG=<engine_name> as a best practice
> 2) If autostarting the database, add DBF=<path and filename of DB> to
> identify the database
>
> If you are attempting to connect to an aleady running database, the DBF is
> not needed.
>

> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
> SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
> SQLCA.LogId = "dba"
> SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
> SQLCA.DBParm =
> "PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',PROVIDERSTRING='eng=asademo9;dbn=asademo;dbf=c:\Program
> Files\Adaptive Server Anywhere 9\asademo.db'"
>
> Carlos wrote:
>> I'm trying to connect to a database running ASA 9 in a linux pc from
>> powerbuilder 9.  I can't seem to find the right parameters, when I test
>> the
>> connection the ODBC dialog pops up, and I want to make the connection
>> without ODBC.
>> Here's the connection params... please help me telling what I'm doing
>> wrong.
>> (the server is starting as fernando, and the database is fernando.db)
>>
>> // Profile fernando
>> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
>> SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
>> SQLCA.LogId = "dba"
>> SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
>> SQLCA.DBParm =
>> "PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',DATASOURCE='null',LOCATION='fernando',PROVIDERSTRING=''dbn=fernando''"
>> thx in advance

0
Carlos
4/20/2009 4:27:38 PM
You need to
1) Provide the engine name parameter
2) Likely provide the communication links parm

i.e.,
"PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',PROVIDERSTRING='eng=aa;dbn=aa;links=TCPIP'"

Carlos wrote:
> This is the scenario
>
> pc with windows xp , sql 9 (client)
> i can login using interactive sql to the service in the linux pc, but
> can't make a connection using ole db, it brings up odbc dialog.
>
> pc with linux , sql 9 (server)
> database running , service AA, database AA
>
> both pc are running in the same network and subnet.
>
> please tell me any additional info.
> thx
>

> "Chris Keating [Sybase iAnywhere]" <keating_no@spam_sybase.com> escribi�
> en el mensaje de noticias:49ec8ae2$1@forums-1-dub...
>> You have not provided enough information to connect.
>>
>> Possible cause: You do not have an engine that is running and the
>> autostart fails because you have not specified which database file you
>> would like to start and connect.
>>

>> Recommendation:
>> 1) Specify ENG=<engine_name> as a best practice
>> 2) If autostarting the database, add DBF=<path and filename of DB> to
>> identify the database
>>
>> If you are attempting to connect to an aleady running database, the
>> DBF is not needed.
>>

>> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
>> SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
>> SQLCA.LogId = "dba"
>> SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
>> SQLCA.DBParm =
>> "PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',PROVIDERSTRING='eng=asademo9;dbn=asademo;dbf=c:\Program
>> Files\Adaptive Server Anywhere 9\asademo.db'"
>>
>> Carlos wrote:
>>> I'm trying to connect to a database running ASA 9 in a linux pc from
>>> powerbuilder 9.  I can't seem to find the right parameters, when I
>>> test the
>>> connection the ODBC dialog pops up, and I want to make the connection
>>> without ODBC.
>>> Here's the connection params... please help me telling what I'm doing
>>> wrong.
>>> (the server is starting as fernando, and the database is fernando.db)
>>>
>>> // Profile fernando
>>> SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
>>> SQLCA.LogPass = <***>
>>> SQLCA.LogId = "dba"
>>> SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
>>> SQLCA.DBParm =
>>> "PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',DATASOURCE='null',LOCATION='fernando',PROVIDERSTRING=''dbn=fernando''"
>>> thx in advance

0
Chris

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

PowerBuilder 9 connection to a Progress DB
I would like to do the following: PowerBuilder 9 connection to a Progress DB Has anyone done this before via ODBC DB connection in PowerBuilder? If so, can an example be provided on what is typed in the Connection Tab of the Database Profile Setup - ODBC. Thanks! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

powerbuilder 8 or 9
hi all is there a native database driver for progress databases or how can i connect else? thanks for helping markus There isn't a PowerBuilder native driver for Progress. You will need to use an ODBC driver (or maybe a JDBC or OLEDB driver if Progress has one.) On 17 Jun 2004 04:27:27 -0700, markus wrote: >hi all >is there a native database driver for progress databases or >how can i connect else? >thanks for helping >markus ODBC (or JDBC or OLEDB if you find such drivers). On 17 Jun 2004 04:27:27 -0700, markus wrote: >hi all >is there a ...

PowerBuilder 9.03 connection to two databases at the same time
Hello all...We have PB9.03 and are using ODBC to connect to our Sybase ASA 7.0.4 database. My question is simply: Is there any way in PowerBuilder to connect to two different databases at the same time? In your application, yes. In the IDE, no. (Well, you can connect to several different databases, but only one will be considered the "active" connection). On 13 Jul 2006 08:00:18 -0700, Mark wrote: >Hello all...We have PB9.03 and are using ODBC to connect to >our Sybase ASA 7.0.4 database. My question is simply: Is >there any way in PowerBuilder to connect ...

database painter problem using OLE to ASA 9
I am using PB 9.0.3 and ASA 9.0.2.3198. I have a database profile setup using the OLE interface. Whenever I expand a table to expose the columns, etc., PB crashes. I am using the same connect string to run my application and everything seems fine. I have to use the ODBC to connect with PB. Thanks in advance, John Pollard<john.pollard@security-finance.com> Is there any error message, or does the PB IDE just disappear? Sanjiv. <John Pollard> wrote in message news:43e21dfb.6047.1681692777@sybase.com... >I am using PB 9.0.3 and ASA 9.0.2.3198. I have a database...

Does anyone using OLE DB driver to access ASA 9?
I am having troubles when multiple databases are started on server. Client connection gets wrong database context... Eugene. The client connection string should contain the "DBN=xxx" parameter pointing to the desired database. Breck On 7 Jan 2004 04:48:05 -0800, "Eugene V. Goldberg" <egold@mts-nn.ru> wrote: >I am having troubles when multiple databases are started >on server. Client connection gets wrong database context... > >Eugene. > > -- bcarter@risingroad.com Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Application...

Losing Database Connection
Hi! We appear to be having problems calling certain SQL Server 2005 (service pack 2) stored procedures from PowerBuilder 9 (Build 8716). The stored procedures that are not working accept parameters with NULL or smallint values. Often, we discover that we are losing our database connection as well, after calling these types of procedures. Has anyone else stumbled across this problem or can anyone offer a solution? Thanks so much! Shannon; Is there a "Connection Timeout" set in SS2005 (check with your DBA)? -- Regards ... Chris http://chrispollach.pbdjma...

How to Enable DB Connection Pooling in PB 10.5, connecting to ASA 9.0.2 DB
Hi, What should be parameter for enabling connection pooling in Powerbuilder 10.5, I want to connect to ASA 9.0.2 database through its ODBC driver. Ravi Nath There is no inherent connection pooling for the ASA odbc driver. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to medium sized business environments for free! ...

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

ASA 9.02 (3124)
Hello i have the problem, that a remote-proc. don't work in my PB.application - i defined it in my transaction object as SUBROUTINE..... the procedures from the database work fine. now i defined in the ASA-Database a function, that called the remote-procedure -> and the function i declared it in my transaction-object as FUNCTION ....... and it work's fine!!!! is there any problem or limitation the use remote-procedures in a PB-transaction-object???? thank's for explanation.... Michael M.Erlinger wrote: > Hello > > i have the problem, that ...

Cann't use powerbuilder 9.0 connect to the server for three times
I write a program use powerbuilder 9.0 build 8716,and the dataserver is ASE 12.5.3 for windows.When I run the program within powerbuilder for the first and second time,it's correct. But when I run the program within powerbuilder for the third time, it's wrong! The error message is:"ct_connect():network package layer:internal net library error:There was an error encountered while establishing the connection" I cann't find what happen. Can anybody help me? Thanks whshizy; You need to ask this question in the PowerBuilder newsgroup. This is for PocketBuilder o...

Cann't use powerbuilder 9.0 connect to the server for three times
I write a program use powerbuilder 9.0 build 8716,and the dataserver is ASE 12.5.3 for windows.When I run the program within powerbuilder for the first and second time,it's correct. But when I run the program within powerbuilder for the third time, it's wrong! The error message is:"ct_connect():network package layer:internal net library error:There was an error encountered while establishing the connection" I cann't find what happen. Can anybody help me? Thanks Which database driver are you using? Can you post your connectString? Paul Horan[TeamSybase] &...

Web resources about - Connect To ASA 9 using OLE DB with PowerBuilder 9 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles