can powerbuilder connect to a MDB database?

can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database?

Hans

0
Hans

Sure,

You can connect to MS SQL Server using either the native DB driver, or
through ODBC or OLEDB. I think (haven't tried it myself) MS access you can
connect to using ODBC or OLEDB

HTH

Arnoud

"Hans" <hans@opschool.nl> schreef in bericht
> can powerbuilder connect to a MicrosoftDB database?
>
> Hans

0
Arnoud

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

Database Workbench, where can I set a Database Restricted so only aliases can use the database?
Hello. Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias. Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench. :) Kai Inge > Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias. > Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench. This is a setting of your Firebird server installation. Check out the DatabaseAccess configuration parameter in firebird.conf. Set it to: DatabaseAccess = None -- With regards, Thomas Steinmaurer http://www.upscene.com/ Professional Tools and Services for Firebird FB TraceManag...

powerbuilder 4 and database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Note: trying to access Watcom 4.0 database, and Access 97 database Please help Stephane In article <gsdG7#XL9GA.178@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> >> When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following >> error messages: >> >> Stephane, See my reply to your message in the otehr news...

PowerBuilder 10 Database connection
Hello, In my previouos topic I wrote: Hi, > > I have PB 10.5 and ORA 9.2 installed on Citrix MetaFrame > server. > > Even though when I open database profile and hit 'Test > Connection' button I get 'Connection Successful' message, > there is, in fact, no connection. No tables are visible, the > datawindows won't retrieve the data. I can, however, connect > to ORACLE DB using ORACLE SQLPlus. PBO90105.dll and > PBO10105.dll are in place... > > What am I missing? Well, the funny part is - the 'Connection Successfu...

Can connect to Database, but how do I insert values into SQL Database?
I was able to connect to the SQL Database Pension with table clients with table values: ID, State, Name.'Create(connection)Dim conn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString)'open connectionconn.Open()However, I'm not sure how to insert a new row with an incremental ID number and a new State and Name.Sorry, I'm really new with VWD. You need to read about ADO.NET before you do anything. Google it.ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

PowerBuilder 7.0 database connectivity
I am looking for a list of servers that PowerBuilder 7.0 supports. In particular, if PB7.0 supports Oracle 8-I. Also, if PB7 support SQLServer 7.0 and Oracle 8.1.5? Are there patches to support these databases? In the PB 7 evaluationCD, we only get SQLServer 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 maximum. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael Noche You would use the same drivers as you received with the eval; however, support for Oracle and Microsoft is somewhat rolling... that is as 8.1.6 is released for instance, the Oracle 8 driver in PowerBuilder is enhanced to work with t...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database
Dear guys! I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny dannj@hotmail.com tharakans@hotmail.com ...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

How can i work disconnected database with powerbuilder ?
How can i work disconnected database with powerbuilder ? (like dataset in vb.net) An option is to use an external source datastore/datawindow. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <hiren_1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b2a6cff.56f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > How can i work disconnected database with powerbuilder ? > (like dataset in vb.net) ...

Connecting to FoxPro database file from PowerBuilder V7
Hi, We have a PowerBuilder 7 application that needs to connect to a FoxPro database file. We have been able to connect with ODBC however it does not appear to use the indexes and is consequently very (very) slow. We have also tried OLE with no success. We have connected to the same db file from a dot net application and it's very fast. We think the problem is the ODBC driver not using the indexes so we are looking for anybody whose had success with this type of connection. Thanks, Norm Take a look at these threads: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft...

PowerBuilder Can't Open Database
Hi, I was using the database in PowerBuilder to connect to a SQL Anywhere 7.0 database. When I execute a SELECT statement, the program is aborted. After I re-start the PowerBuilder and click the 'database icon', the following error message box appears. PB70.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. However, I found nothing on the event viewer. I also try to reinstall the PowerBuilder but the error still occurs. Configuratiion of my computer: 1. Windows 2000 Professional with S...

Is there a way to connect to ultralite databases from powerbuilder 10?
Is there a way to connect to ultralite databases from powerbuilder 10? Directly and without mobilink i mean. Maybe through the active x component of ultralite or a beta driver for pb 10 as an example. Is it going to be possible in later versions of powerbuilder? Chris ...

powerbuilder 8 or 9
hi all is there a native database driver for progress databases or how can i connect else? thanks for helping markus There isn't a PowerBuilder native driver for Progress. You will need to use an ODBC driver (or maybe a JDBC or OLEDB driver if Progress has one.) On 17 Jun 2004 04:27:27 -0700, markus wrote: >hi all >is there a native database driver for progress databases or >how can i connect else? >thanks for helping >markus ODBC (or JDBC or OLEDB if you find such drivers). On 17 Jun 2004 04:27:27 -0700, markus wrote: >hi all >is there a ...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

Web resources about - can powerbuilder connect to a MDB database? - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles