Binding parameters of an Oracle stored procedure

I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 and Oracle Net8.
When a DBParm parameter DisableBind is set to 0(default),
PowerBuilder binds input parameters to a compiled SQL
statement.
I wonder if this applies to parameters of an Oracle stored
procedure.
Thanks.
0
Nobuo

Since you don't put a : on the arguments to an RPCFUNC, I don't think so.

<Nobuo Saito> wrote in message news:429eb1fe.38ca.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 and Oracle Net8.
> When a DBParm parameter DisableBind is set to 0(default),
> PowerBuilder binds input parameters to a compiled SQL
> statement.
> I wonder if this applies to parameters of an Oracle stored
> procedure.
> Thanks.

0
Jerry
6/2/2005 3:25:14 PM
> Since you don't put a : on the arguments to an RPCFUNC, I
> don't think so.

Thanks!
I wonder why it's impossible to bind arguments of
a stored procedure on Declare Procedure and
it's possible for RPCFUNC?
My boss wants to know the reason.
I'd appreciate anybody who gives me a clue.
0
Nobuo
6/3/2005 12:37:00 AM
> Since you don't put a : on the arguments to an RPCFUNC, I
> don't think so.

Thanks!
I wonder why it's impossible to bind arguments of
a stored procedure on Declare Procedure and
it's possible for RPCFUNC?
My boss wants to know the reason.
I'd appreciate anybody who gives me a clue.
0
Nobuo
6/3/2005 12:38:21 AM
You might want to look at the BindSPInput DBParm parameter.

On 2 Jun 2005 00:15:10 -0700, Nobuo Saito wrote:

>I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 and Oracle Net8.
>When a DBParm parameter DisableBind is set to 0(default),
>PowerBuilder binds input parameters to a compiled SQL
>statement.
>I wonder if this applies to parameters of an Oracle stored
>procedure.
>Thanks.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

June ISUG Techcast: PowerBuilder .NET Compiler In-Depth Review - June
7 & 9, 1:00 pm EDT
http://response.sybase.com/forms/JunISUGReg

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN'
Hi, I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure 'update_status' in the package pkg_test. Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD' Here is the signnature of the procedure. pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD varchar2, EEE boolean default false)=91 and the way of calling this procedure is pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE) The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQ...

How to list all tables in a database by giving parameter as database name to stored procedure.
Hi all, I need to list all tables in a database by giving parameter as database name to stored procedure. I tried the following, but it never works. Please help. ALTER Procedure [dbo].[sp_GetTables] ( @dbname nvarchar(200)--, --@tablename varchar(128) output ) As DECLARE @SQL nvarchar(1000) SET @SQL = 'Declare @dbname varchar(128);SELECT name FROM '+ '@dbname' +'..sysobjects where type =''s'' or type = ''u''' Execute sp_executesql @SQL --EXEC (@SQL) RETURN  Error while executing Msg 102, Level 15, State ...

Calling a stored procedure with output parameter and parameter name binding does not work
Hello NG, Named parameters are a fine feature, you don't have to obey the parameter order and can omit parameters that have default values. BUT if you try to use output parameters in the escaped syntax for jdbc like the following: { ? = call myProc ( @MyOutParam = ? ) } it doesn't seem to work anymore. Or am I simply too stupid? Maybe I have missed some documentation detail? Maybe someone can point me to the right direction? I'm really desperate. For implementation details see code snippet below. Thanks in advance. With best regards, have a merry christmas and a ha...

ORACLE Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder
I am trying to pass a dynamic procedure name and dynamic number of arguments to a DECLARE and EXECUTE (procedurename) statement within Powerbuilder 6.5. The name and number of arguments are stored on a table and they are syntactically extracted into variables. Any suggestions? ...

Parameters of an Oracle stored procedure
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 with Oracle Net8. Is it possible to make parameters of an Oracle stored procedure into bind variables? Thanks. ...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

how to solve "space must be allocated for bind parameter" when calling a stored proc with returned parameters in powerbuilder?
I create a stored procedure to retrieve some information from database,i.e.(simplified) CREATE PROCEDURE getinfo @info varchar(20) output AS select @info='sdfsdfsdf' GO then in powerbuilder, I want to use the stored procedure to get the result, like this: string infos declare mysp procedure for getinfo @info=:info OUTPUT; execute mysp; if sqlca.sqlcode<>0 then messagebox("error",sqlca.sqlerrtext) end if but the error "space must be allocated for bind parameter" occurs. thanks for you advice in adcance. Hi Samuel, It sounds like...

how to solve "space must be allocated for bind parameter" when calling a stored proc with returned parameters in powerbuilder?
I create a stored procedure to retrieve some information from database,i.e.(simplified) CREATE PROCEDURE getinfo @info varchar(20) output AS select @info='sdfsdfsdf' GO then in powerbuilder, I want to use the stored procedure to get the result, like this: string infos declare mysp procedure for getinfo @info=:info OUTPUT; execute mysp; if sqlca.sqlcode<>0 then messagebox("error",sqlca.sqlerrtext) end if but the error "space must be allocated for bind parameter" occurs. thanks for you advice in adcance. Have you tried infos ...

How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me. Thank you.    Hi there,Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want. http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html thanks sharp guy...

Number parameters in Oracle Stored Procedures
This is an FYI. I am running Mobilink Server 10.0.0.2465 as a service under Windows XP SP2. I am using an Oracle 10G consolidated database with the Oracle ODBC drivers provided by Mobilink. When calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from a Mobilink event, if an arg is set to type NUMBER(15,5) and you pass in a decimal number, 10.56 for example, the ODBC driver appears to be rounding the number to 11. Now, if I change the arg to using the tablename.columname%TYPE syntax in the Oracle stored procedure, then the number is not being rounded. I know this was not an issue in Mobil...

Oracle stored procedure with BLOB parameter
I have two simple Oracle7 stored procedures that will store LONG RAW data into and retrieve from an Oracle table. They are declared as transaction object's local external function - something like put_raw( long id, BLOB b, REF int returncode) and get_raw(long id, REF BLOB b, REF int returncode) The problem I am having is that put_raw() works just fine. Get_raw() seems to work, and to verify , I write the BLOB variable into a file. It is supposed to be a JPG file, but the written file is not a JPG. Secondly, before invoking get_raw(), I must do: b = BLOB(space(32000)) ...

How to use Oracle Store Procedure with out parameters?
experts, Could you give me a hand to let me go out of my problem? I create a package acc.MS_Load.remove_(info_ out varchar2, contract_ in varchar2), then I using the following script to use it as that: string info_, contract_ info_ = space(2000) contract = 'NN' DECLARE myproc procedure for acc.MS_load.remove_(:info_,:contract_); Execute myproc; if sqlca.sqlcode .... When it runs, it said that "PLS-00306:wrong numnber or types of arguments in call to 'acc.ms_load.remove_'" Why? Thank you and best regards! Venn Try using INOUT instead...

Array parameter to oracle stored procedure
Dear friends,  I want to pass array parameter to following oracle  stored procedure from visual studio 2005 using vb.net my is question is it possible or not   create or replace package demo_pkg    as        type charArray is table of varchar2(255) index by binary_integer;       procedure emp_report( pin  in charArray,                           &nb...

Oracle Output Parameters from Stored Procedure
Powerbuilder 8.0 Executable compiled in Windows 2000 is causing GPF while executing on Windows NT workstation. This problem is occurring frequently while accessing the application from windows NT workstation and same one is working perfectly in windows 2000 workstation. After investigating the GPF we found out that this problem is occuring while executing the stored procedure with more than 20 parameters from powerbuilder executable on windows NT workstation. The same part of the code is executing successfully on windows 2000 workstation. we are suspecting that the problem is occuring...

Web resources about - Binding parameters of an Oracle stored procedure - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Google Webmaster Tools Parameter Handling - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Alternatives to boolean parameters