BCP for MSSQL Server 6.5 & PowerBuilder

I am trying to use BCP for MSSQL Server 6.5 & PowerBuilder and have run
into a snag I also understand that Sybase SQL Server 10 & 11 use the same
structure.  I find references to DBPROCESS and LOGINREC structures.  I have
research Technet, MSDN, DB-Library Programming Guide, sqlfront.h and
sqldb.h and I have yet to find the structure definitions of these.  If
anyone knows where I can find the structure definitions of DBPROCESS and
LOGINREC and any other structures I might need please let me know.  Unlike
C or C++ I can not refer to these pointers in a header file I must have
them defined in PowerBuilder.

Regards,
Dave

0
David
10/2/1997 4:24:38 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.database 9855 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Performance Issue with PowerBuilder 6.5 Native Drivers and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, I'm having a performance issue with the PB 6.5 Native driver with MSSQL 6.5, if i'm using the ODBC my request to the database are responding really fast, but i want to use to Native drivers. Before i was using the 16 bit Native drivers and it was working fine, but since i've changed to the 32 bit PB 6.5 native driver, most of my db request are really slow. I've search on the sybase infobase and i can't find anything... Could somebody give my advise.... Thanks Mark ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

PowerBuilder 4.0.3 & MS SQL server 6.5
From Enrique Rosales, Unisys Uruguay. Please, I need to know if is it compatible PowerBuilder 4.0.03 with Microsoft SQL Server 6.5? Thanks for your help. email: enriquerosales@unn.unisys.com >Please, I need to know if is it compatible PowerBuilder 4.0.03 with >Microsoft SQL Server 6.5? >Thanks for your help. > With the native drivers, I don't believe so. PB4.03 was compatible with MS SQL 6.0 with native drivers. When 6.5 came out, there were problems that were not fixed until I believe 4.07 (check with PS support to be sure about the release). Larry Cerm...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

PowerBuilder Help file buggy in 6.0 & 6.5?
I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same with regards to help topics: Selecting "debugging, debug mode" from the Help Index I get a help page on "Modify PowerScript Function" Under debugging, there is no topic for Just in Time debugging. I have come across number of similar bad links in 6.0 which seem virtually unchanged in 6.5. If there are corrections, can I download them from Sybase site? Sumant Sahay On Tue, 01 Sep 1998 13:53:09 -0400, "Sumant Sahay" <sumant@airnet.com> wrote: >I am wondering if anyone else is exp...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.2
I have installed ASA 6 recently and trying to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5.5.3 database to this new version. My existing run well on this new version of database, but I am having trouble using PowerBuilder with the new database. I don't seems to be able to view the tables in the database correctly. All I get is the table with column, but the primary key, index doesn't show. The name of the object had become all in lower case, while my original object name are in mix case. I have no problems with SQL Anywhere 5.5.3 ...

Powerbuilder with MSSQL 6.5
Hi, i have a problem. When i try to delete some rows of one table (id numeric (8), picture image) in the Database Painter( PB 5.0), the follow message appears: "Invalid text pointer value 000000000247eb0c" Why? Thanks in advanced. hi, you probably need to run DBCC to check the database or table. regards, ScottHuang Jos?Miguel Cerna ���g��峹 <01bebd97$02b0b8c0$90c809c0@Jcerna.Hellernet.cl>... >Hi, i have a problem. When i try to delete some rows of one table (id >numeric (8), picture image) in the Database Painter( PB 5.0), the follow >mess...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Web resources about - BCP for MSSQL Server 6.5 & PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles