ASA and PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0

    I am currently running PB 5.0 with an Oracle 7.3 database.  However,
there is a great
demand for our remote users to gain access to the app.  Therefore, I was
looking into
using ASA to deploy to our remote users.  The problem is that stored
procedures are not
supported with the run-time version of the database engine that gets
deployed with the
deployment kit.  My question is: Does PB 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 and/or
deployment kit allow
the run-time engine to support stored procedures.  If not, what are some
alternatives?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0
DFAS

>My question is: Does PB 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 and/or
>deployment kit allow
>the run-time engine to support stored procedures.

No, the run time engine does not support sp's, period.  Nor triggers, nor log file, nor DDL...
Regardless of the front end used.

Sorry, if you want sp's, you'll need to purchase the fully-featured engine.

Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft
-- Please post in newsgroup, not via email <
0
leotohill

powerbuilder 6.0 and asa 6.0
I upgraded our database to asa 6.0. I created an odbc connection on a client using tcpip, click on the test connection and it works. I open powerbuilder 6.0 and get a communication error when trying to connect to the db profile. Is anyone else having this problem?? Did I forget something when installing this new asa package? There both running on windows 95 machines(I even tried the sample server database and it doen't seem to work for me either) Thanks, Amy Brand ABrand@swank.com My PB 6.5 to ASA 6 connections work OK. Have you duplicated the Sybase SQL Anywhere sec...

Upgrade to ASA 7.0.0.313 and PowerBuilder 6.0
Hi ya all, I had a quick question. We recently upgraded from Sybase SQL ANYWHERE 5.5 TO ASA 7.0.0.313. When I run a script from PowerBuilder 6.0 and try to pass date arguments to the datawindow object, the date arguments get corrupted, i.e. they are no longer date arguments when the dwo receives them. They appear as funny looking characters that don't make any sense. In my dwo I am using various subqueries. One thing that is bizarre is that if I take all subqueries out of my dwo, the date arguments passed to the datawindow object work fine. It is only when I use a subquery that the ...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PowerBuilder 6.5 Vs ASA 6.0.2
I�m traying to develop one aplication using ASA 6.0.2 with Open Client 11.1.1 but When my aplicattion is connectting to ASA 6.0.2 sends me the followin error: ASA Error 611 Transact SQL feature not supported Does anybody can help me? Thanks for any help Ernesto Ernesto Sandoval wrote: > I�m traying to develop one aplication using ASA 6.0.2 with Open Client > 11.1.1 but When my aplicattion is connectting to ASA 6.0.2 sends me the > followin error: > > ASA Error 611 Transact SQL feature not supported > > Does anybody can help me? > >...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and ASA 7.0
Hello, I need to enable a newly purchased PC running Windows XP Professional to use PowerBuilder 6.5 desktop and access an SQL Anywhere 7.0 networked database. I downloaded the lastest maintenance release for PB, and installed the ODBC driver for SQL 7.0. Everything looks to be installed correctly. In PB, when I goto "Configure ODBC" there is no SQL Anywhere 7.0 listed. How can I get PB 6.5 to connect to an SQL Anywhere 7.0 database? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Last I heard, PB Desktop wasn't able to access networked databases, only local ...

PB 6.5.1/7.0 Connect 16-bit exe with ASA 6.0
I have the Techdoc DocID 444777 on connecting 16-bit exes with 32-bit SQL Anywhere DBs: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44477 I have followed it to the letter and cannot get it to work: Error message on 16-bit exe CONNECT using SQLCA: ODBC is not supported in your installation. Has anyone else tried this? 32-bit exe works no problems (well it would 32-bit ODBC). Platform is Win95. I have both the 32-bit and 16-bit deployment kits installed on the same machine. I think the problem is with the so-called ODBC bridge. Any help appreciated. Problem ...

PowerBuilder Desktop 6.5.1 and ASA 7.0
Are there any problems running applications compiled with PowerBuilder Desktop 6.5.1 with ASA 7.0 instead of SQLAnywhere 5.5 (ASA 6.0.x is no problem) ? Thanks for answers Joerg I have not heard of any... are you having a problem? <jaulich@asadatec.com> wrote in message news:Jfa2dhShAHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > Are there any problems running applications compiled with PowerBuilder > Desktop 6.5.1 with ASA 7.0 instead of SQLAnywhere 5.5 (ASA 6.0.x is no > problem) ? > > Thanks for answers > > Joerg ...

databases not starting after an upgrade from ASA 6.0 to ASA 6.0.3
Il s'agit d'un message multivolet au format MIME. --------------783748975945207821DE7F16 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, After un upgrade from ASA 6.0 to ASA 6.0.3, my db services (on a Win NT server) don't start. I got a message : "A database server with that name has already started" but i haven't a db with that name. Is it a bug of the 6.0.3 version. How can i fix it? Thanks for help Laurent --------------783748975945207821DE7F16 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="druart.vc...

Drop/Add table problem in data pipeline in PowerBuilder 7.0 and ASA 6.0
I have a problem with a data pipeline. The source is a text file in one data source and destination is a database table in another database source. The pipe operation is drop/add table. I get the sql error code = 23000 or sql error code = 07001. Meena Shah ...

PowerBuilder 6.5
Since upgrading my DB to ASA 6.0 I can no longer do a "Save As" in PB database painter to rename table. Error message is: An internal processing error has occurred. Report it immediately. I've also noticed that the DB painter options have changed. There is no longer an Autoincrement option. Has anyone heard if these are bugs? When is maint patch for 6.5 going to be released or will it be covered in ASA 6.0 patch? Thanks in advance! Did you report this to Sybase as requested? Roy R Granquist wrote in message <8QCb7Hj89GA.190@forums.powersoft.com>...

PowerBuilder 6.5
Since upgrading my DB to ASA 6.0 I can no longer do a "Save As" in PB database painter to rename table. Error message is: An internal processing error has occurred. Report it immediately. I've also noticed that the DB painter options have changed. There is no longer an Autoincrement option. Has anyone heard if these are bugs? When is maint patch for 6.5 going to be released or will it be covered in ASA 6.0 patch? Thanks in advance! The reason this doesn't work is probably due to the fact that Powerbuilder is lacking a section in the PBODB60.INI file ...

Web resources about - ASA and PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles