An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions

I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or
to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows
with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at
"0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read".
By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the
case described above, it appears always.

Many thanks in advance for help.

Tatiana Yaseneva,
Kiev, Ukraine

0
Tatiana
9/15/2000 1:28:48 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.database 9855 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC.  If so, downgrade the
pbodb050.dll to the one from PB5003.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS versions in your post.

"Tatiana Yaseneva" <T.Yaseneva@upc.kiev.ua> wrote in message
> I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database
(or
> to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows
> with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at
> "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read".
> By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the
> case described above, it appears always.
>
> Many thanks in advance for help.
>
> Tatiana Yaseneva,
> Kiev, Ukraine

0
Terry

Re: An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I am using PB 7.0.2 build 8046 Oracle 8.1.6 Windows 2000 and Oracle drivers to work with database. I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the one from PB5003. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Tatiana Yaseneva" <T.Yaseneva@upc.kiev.ua> wrote in message news:HNCpgpxHAHA.70@forums.sybase.com... > I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or > to the same) once more. At that moment Power ...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

"connect" not connecting
--047d7b6daa88824eef04e00a3d35 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I have been using DBI for several years, and have a fairly extensive group of programs that relay on DBI to connect to a database and extract data. All my programs use a common library of functions that includes a function which connects to the database: $dsn = 'dbi:ODBC:prod1' ; $user = 'user' ; $passwd = 'XXXXXXXX' ; $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $passwd, {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0}) or die "Could not connect to database: "...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

How to connection database to avoid "new" new connection in usecontrol.
How to connection database to avoid "new" new connection in usecontrol. When a page including serveral usercontrol, every usercontrol may access database. but how to let usercontrol use connection in main page instand build a new one. Given that the connections are pooled, the general rule of thumb is to let each control:1) acquire its own connection right when it is needed (and no earlier)2) use that connection for the minimum amount of time possible3) close the connection as soon as possible (return it to the pool)when open connections are available in the pool, step 1 tak...

URGENT: "cannot connect to database" error message?
On particular clients, I cannot connect to database through either the PB app using ODBC or throug ISQL (Watcom 4.e client). On my machine, the connection is fine. I've compared odbc and odbcinst files, and the data sources are the same. The network server is up and running. What is the cause? What steps should I take to verify every possibility. I am sure that it is a simple ODBC configuration, but I can't see it!!!!! Please help Thanks Stephane Make sure you have the stack configured on the client. To 'debug' the problem add "-Z" to the start comm...

"Not connected to SQL Database" Error Message
Hello All ! Last night, I left ISQL running on my machine. This morning, when I went to run a query in ISQL, I got the message: "Not connected to SQL Database". I understand the message pretty clearly. But, can anyone tell me at what point is a connection "dropped"? After how long? and lastly, what can I do to prevent or extend the time before I lose the connection? Thanks in advance, Everett In the online help you can look at the connection parameters by searching on "DBSRV50". The parameter you want to modify is "-ti". Here is ...

"submit" to Access DB returns "connection closed"error
The error when I submit data  is as follows: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.Source Error: Line 17: Dim comDatabase As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(strSQL, conDatabase) Line 18: Line 19: comDatabase.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 20:...

KDE Networkmanager uses "auto eth0" connection instead of my "home" connection
KDE - Opensuse 11.4. After a boot the networkmanager always uses the auto eth0 connection instead of my "home" connection which uses a static ip. I can swhitch it back manually, but it frustrates me that after each boot, it used the auto eth0 connection again which uses DHCP instead of static ip. Note: I have checked "connect automatically" for my home connection, but it seemes to be ignored... I know that I could just drop the kde networkmanager and use ifup via yast, but that is just a workaround and not a solution to my problem. This problem was also in ...

DNN worked for 1 year now says "DotNetNuke Upgrade Error
Hi, I have been running DNN for a year with different users setting up their portals and no worries and no hassles.  Now it is telling me DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Unspecified error Continue But I have not upgraded or changed anything.  Using ACCESS. Any help and guidence on how to fix this would be much appreciated as I don;t want to loose other people's websites! ...

Web resources about - An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions - sybase.powerbuilder.database