ADO

Does anyone have any examples of using Microsoft's ADO and powerbuilder.

I am looking into ways of getting metadata of any connections I make in my
Powerbuilder Application.  Currently I am using the ODBC API's to achieve
this.  I have looked and tested some ADO calls in VB and find that it is
much faster than ODBC in getting metadata.

Thanks In Advance

Derrick

0
Derrick

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

powerbuilder and ADO
I am not a powerbuilder but a DCOM developer. I am building a DCOM component that will be used by pb clients. The component is a business object on top of a database. Does pb understand ADO recordsets? I have heard that pb does not work well with ADO recordsets. Please advise. Thanks Jon We are also building COM objects that use ADO. Are there any plans for tighter integration with ADO? This may help extend the life of PB. Carson Hager[Team Sybase] wrote in message ... >PB does not do much well in terms of COM. PB sees ADO Recordsets as >multidimensional arrays o...

powerbuilder and ADO
I am not a powerbuilder but a DCOM developer. I am building a DCOM component that will be used by pb clients. The component is a business object on top of a database. Does pb understand ADO recordsets? I have heard that pb does not work well with ADO recordsets. Please advise. Thanks Jon ...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

backup the database from powerbuilder
Hi. Partially based on discussions on this list, we are designing an enhancement to our pb9/10 pgms which will allow them to be (more or less automatically) updated from files stored at an ftp site. At customer sites, our pb 9/10 apps run against various versions of sqla and oracle. Does anyone know how we might (from within pb) backup the database and verify that the backup was successful? Thanks, Doug Hi Doug; You can ... {SQLAnywhere} 1) Use the Execute Immediate "var" syntax and run the DB backup command. 2) Call the "db_backup" fu...

Creating Database for PowerBuilder
Hi there to all. I have a question that need answers. Could you all please tell me how to create database for it and what programs that I can use to create it. Thank You. Regards, Yang Ashra You can use any database you like. PB comes with SQLAnywhere / ASA and you can deploy the runtime engine freely. You can use Access, ASE, Oracle, SQLServer etc. It depends on what your needs are. Please provide some info on what you are trying to accomplish. Also, what version of PB (Desktop, Professional, Enterprise) do you use. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder....

PowerBuilder and ADO #2
Hi, Many database-related ocx need ado or odbc connection to the database. But I encounters a problem that one of my application uses pb native db-interface visiting a sybase ase db. The user for some reason prohibit to use a new odbc connection, so how can I use some userobject or something to convert a pb connection into an ado to invoke such ocx? Thanks and best regards. Forest. You can not "convert" a pb connection to an ADO connection. If you are using ODBC you can get the ODBC handle value (I think) and pass that handle to the control so that the same conn...

PowerBuilder, COM and databases
Does anybody know if there are any restrictions or limitations on what backend databases can be connected to using a COM object created in PowerBuilder? I guess the answer depends on which PB version is used, so assume I'm using PowerBuilder 6. Will I need any patches to standard PB6 to reliably create COM components? John Waller ============================================================ John Waller Technosys Ltd. Email: WallerJ@technosys.co.uk Stonecourt Tel: (01203) 240431 Siskin Drive ...

database BLOBS in Powerbuilder
Hello, fellows, I have a question about database BLOB datatype: I need to store and recover large files in and from a database (Informix, Oracle...). I am using BLOB database data types for doing it, and it works great for small and medium files (up to 500Kbytes). But for large files it becomes very slow or even doesn't work at all. I think it is happening because of the way powerbuilder manage database blobs: I need to retrieve the database blob column using the SELECTBLOB statement, which stores the file content in a powerbuilder blob variable. If the file is very large (3...

PowerBuilder for DataBase Application
Hi, I have currently evaluating PowerBuilder for a large-scaled database application. I am told that the PowerBuilder is just a tool for Window Interface and does not have any built-in search or sort engine. If so, does that mean I have to write my own code to do the database search? Please advise... Thanks Not so. Powerbuilder works very well with a variety of DBMS platforms, either via ODBC or native DBMS drivers. The datawindow object allows you to graphically point and click to create very complex SQL, then obtain data at runtime with a simple function call. Judy...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

Access to any database with PowerBuilder
Hi We are developing an application which will run with any RDBMS (oracle 7, 8, Sybase, Informix, DB2/AS400,...) . Only one RDBMS will be used on each site, but each customer may choose any RDBMS... This implies of course that we keep the SQL quite standard ... and other things .... Has anyone of you hints or ideas about this subject ? I find PowerBuilder is quite good when using ONE RDBMS, but not when generic code must be written And of course, ANSI SQL 89 or 92 is so restrictive, we must go further ... Thanks for any reply Hi, Our company has created a ...

Web resources about - ADO - sybase.powerbuilder.database

ADO Den Haag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈɑ.ləs doːr ˈu.fə.nɪŋ dɛn ˈɦaːχ] ), commonly known by the abbreviated name ADO Den Haag [ˈaː.do dɛn ˈɦaːχ] , is a Dutch football club from the ...

David Tennant and Catherine Tate star in Much Ado About Nothing - Available now from Digital Theatre ...
Watch online or download the full show to your desktop now at http://www.digitaltheatre.com. David Tennant and Catherine Tate appear together ...

Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing Twitter
Joss Whedon delivers a Shakespearean trailer, Twitter joy and cannibalism all in one day

Much Ado About Nothing
... modern-day reading of Shakespeare's romantic comedy, filmed in his own home with a cast comprised of alumni from his TV shows. Rate Much Ado ...

Canberra Repertory Society gives Much Ado about Nothing a 1920s twist
Shakespeare's reworked comedy transcends the ages with ease.

CBC Digital Archives - Much Ado About Christmas: Toys, Traditions & Fun - Lighthouse Santa
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Much Ado About Dacheng Dentons
Dentons’ loosely affiliated verein style likely played a large role in capturing the largest Chinese law firm.

Much Ado About...
Kerfuffle: A social imbroglio or brouhaha.

Much Ado About Smart Tags
Microsoft's proprietary Smart Tags: Boon or bane? Kaminski digs deep beneath the hype and paranoia in an extensive assessment of what Microsoft ...

A Guantanamo Tour: 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
In vivid detail, Jason Leopold describes daily life for both the detainees and guards at the facility.