ADO.Net connection problems with SQL Server 2005

Hi.

    Im try to use ADO.Net for connection to SQL Server 2005.
    In my developer workstation connection work fine, but in the clients,
don�t connect.

    .Net 2.0 is installed, SQL Client for sql server 2005 is installed

Help me please.

0
iso

In general, if you have registered the following 2 DLLs,ADO will work

Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.dll

Sybase.PowerBuilder.DbExt.dll

they are located under the folder Disk:\Program Files\Sybase\powerbuilder 11

You can get the folder from registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0->Location

"Marcelo Pe�ailillo Streb" <marcelopenailillostreb@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:48a35767@forums-1-dub...
> Hi.
>
>    Im try to use ADO.Net for connection to SQL Server 2005.
>    In my developer workstation connection work fine, but in the clients,
> don�t connect.
>
>    .Net 2.0 is installed, SQL Client for sql server 2005 is installed
>
> Help me please.

0
Uman
8/19/2008 2:51:42 AM
You should register them to windows assmebly by draging and dropping.

"Uman" <sund@sybase.com> wrote in message news:48aa353e@forums-1-dub...
> Hi,
>
> In general, if you have registered the following 2 DLLs,ADO will work
>

> Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.dll
>
> Sybase.PowerBuilder.DbExt.dll
>

> they are located under the folder Disk:\Program Files\Sybase\powerbuilder
> 11
>
> You can get the folder from registry
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0->Location
>

> "Marcelo Pe�ailillo Streb" <marcelopenailillostreb@gmail.com> wrote in
> message news:48a35767@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi.
>>
>>    Im try to use ADO.Net for connection to SQL Server 2005.
>>    In my developer workstation connection work fine, but in the clients,
>> don�t connect.
>>
>>    .Net 2.0 is installed, SQL Client for sql server 2005 is installed
>>
>> Help me please.

0
Uman

i am getting problem when i am connecting to database sql server 2005 from visual studio 2005
 the error is "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"mine is a windows authentication server.  Hi v_badhra,see this article:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;914277 Samu ZhangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the pos...

problems connecting to my SQL server database in .NET
I am able to connect and display data in classic asp just fine, but I cannot connect to my database using ASP.NET. I have tried 2 tutorials on here and neither has worked. They both give me the same error: "Login failed for user 'NASHIE\ASPNET'." I am currently working on this tutorial: http://asp.net/webmatrix/tour/section3/binddatagrid.aspx "Display Data with MxDataGrid" [wmx:SqlDataSourceControl id="SqlDataSourceControl1" runat="server" UpdateCommand="" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Orders]" ConnectionString="...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

problem in Timeout of database connectivity sql server 2005
Hi, In my application I am facing a problem with database connectivity.  If I done some operation with database it raise the following exception Type: System.InvalidOperationExceptionTimeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. But in development environment there was no problem, all the database activity are working properly.  Only in the deployment time it raise the problem.  We set the max connection pool as 60 and all...

Database connection problems after using SQL Server 2005
Hi, Recently I made the mistake of attaching my Visual Web Developer Express mdf database file to SQL Server. After detatching it again I seem to be unable to use it in VWD. For some reason I am now unable to even establish a connection to either ASPNETDB.MDF or my own database mdf file. The error I receive is as follows... An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. Has anybody else experienced this problem...

ASP.Net and Sql server database Connection problem ??
ASP.Net and Sql server database Connection problem ?? I want to insert the records in to the sql server database My code is :- Dim strInsert As String strInsert = "insert into personal (Title,FirstName,LastName) values ( '" & Me.TitleList.SelectedItem.Text & "','" & Me.firstName.Text & "','" & Me.lastName.Text & "' )" Dim con As New OleDbConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Migration;Data Source=localhost;Use Procedure for...

Problem with showing diagrams when attaching a Sql Server 2000 database in Sql Server 2005
I have a database created in MS SQL Server 2000 with some tables and diagrams.I have attached that database in SQL Server 2005 but when i want to access and showthe diagrams i face the following error message :Database diagram support object can not be installed because this database does not havevalid owner,to continue first use the files page of database dialog box or alter the authorizationstatement to set the database owner to valid login then add the database diagram support object.I have created a role with required permissions but i still have the problem(I still can't show the di...

helps on remote connection to sql server 2005 by ADO.net
I have two database named db1 and db2 on same database server. both of them have same configuration. I am using ADO.net (sqlclient, app will be located on another machine in same domain) to conntect to them. but one of them works fine and the second one gives me an error saying "remote connection are not allowed, error no 40" like that.I check surface Area Configuration and enable local/remote connection. since they are using same server configuration, why one is being connected but another can not be.  and, if I use Visual Studio 2005 (Server Explorer)  to construct a co...

Problem with creating new SQL server database in VWDExpress using SQL Server 2005 Express
 when I try to create a SQL Database from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, I get the following error message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=49251" When I go to that URL, it brings me to the page to download SQL Server Express 2005. any ideathanks for advance  Did you install SQL Server Express on your server/system? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

.net 1 .. connection string problem with sql server 2005 SP2
Hi All,  I have a prpblem that drivnig me mad... I have some old projects in .net 1 that I am having to move the databases. At the moment the webistes and database are on the same server. I have now moved the database but the connectionn string in the webconfig no longer works. I am using the following connection string.  <add key="ConnectionString"  value="  Server=xx.xx.xx.xx; Network=DBMSSOCN; Database=xxxxxxx; Uid=xx; Pwd=xxxxxxxx;"/>  When the website resides on the same server the connection string works but when they are on d...

Problem connecting to sql server 2005 express database on local computer
I have a very basic console application whose sole purpose is to query a database on the same local computer. When i run the application, i get the error message below: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.Login failed for user 'someDomain\SomeUserName'. Below is my connection string also myconnection_string = New SqlConnection("Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=C:\Reporting System\App_Data\safetydata.mdf;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=True").  After some googling, some post pointed to deleting a user folder at : C:\D...

problem with Connecting to a SQL Anywhere Studio Database Using ADO.NET
I am trying to connect and read the data from the asademo.db database that is used in the document "Connecting to a SQL Anywhere Studio Database Using ADO.NET ". I am using Sql Anywhere v7.0 and MS Visual Studio .Net 2003 with C#. I can connect to the database but I get a 'Specific cas is not valid' exception when I try to run the myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader() line in the demo course. Can anyone tell me why it is not working? I'm getting the same error using V7.0.2.1402. Did you find any solution/workaround? You need a more recent version of the A...

Web resources about - ADO.Net connection problems with SQL Server 2005 - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...