A Problem to Connect SQL Server 2000 Through MSS MS SQL Server 6.x Interaface

Hi,

We have two SQL Server 2000 database servers.  I have no problem to connect
serverA through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X.  But I cannot connect to serverB
through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X.

I tried to connect to serverB through ODBC.  It is connected well, but there
was error message said "Catalog tables could not be created and are not
available for use."

My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.2 and build 8046.

Mindy

0
Mindy
10/2/2002 4:04:01 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.database 9855 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

MSS MS SQL Sever 6.X native interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 ?
Is MSS MS SQL Server 6.X, the native interface to use in db-painter for MS SQL Server 7.0? It works fine but is it right? OLE DB also works fine but RESELECTROW does not work in our app. with OLE DB. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

Problem with showing diagrams when attaching a Sql Server 2000 database in Sql Server 2005
I have a database created in MS SQL Server 2000 with some tables and diagrams.I have attached that database in SQL Server 2005 but when i want to access and showthe diagrams i face the following error message :Database diagram support object can not be installed because this database does not havevalid owner,to continue first use the files page of database dialog box or alter the authorizationstatement to set the database owner to valid login then add the database diagram support object.I have created a role with required permissions but i still have the problem(I still can't show the di...

need help
Hi there,     I am not sure if this is the right place to seek help for the problem i have but as i don't see any other link to discuss the situation i have i am just posting it here.  To explain a little bit about the project i am on..... Originally the  appication(developed in asp.net and vb) i am assigned to was developed by a different team and most of the databases  were on  SQL server 6.5 servers. So they have used oledb connections where ever they had to connect SQL server 6.5 data sources. Lately the client has moved a...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

Web resources about - A Problem to Connect SQL Server 2000 Through MSS MS SQL Server 6.x Interaface - sybase.powerbuilder.database

Zip File Viewer on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zip File Viewer on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Language SDKs - Helium Docs
Toggle navigation Home Libraries Arduino Shields and Modules Springer Alpha Shield Atom Beta Shield Element Beta Bridge Fusion Helium Fusion ...

Scott Forstall May Be The Most Valuable Free Agent The Tech World Has Ever Seen
... system for Apple's two biggest hits: the iPad and iPhone . Cook also elevated hardware design boss Jony Ive into chief of all "Human Interaface" ...

Windows 8.1 Update 1: Nadella's Challenge
Microsoft has a new CEO, but does it have a new Windows strategy? Here's what to expect from Windows 8.1 Update 1.

Lexicoder
Lexicoder 2.0 was freely available upon request to academic researchers from summer 2009 to summer 2015. As of August 2015, we have replaced ...

Rex Hammock's RexBlog.com
Wiki fun, the early days: Today, there are lots of comments bouncing around the blogosphere and wikiosphere about the purchase of the domain ...