SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Unable to connect to database server.unable to start database engine.

Hi,

When running my PB application in PB it works fine, a splash screen and then
the application.  When running my application through Powerbuilder WDK the
splash screen shows up and then a login box shows up which shouldn't.  This
box asks for a username and password and has the title "Connect to SQL
Anywhere".  I know it's a result of the SQLCA properties but I don't know
how to fix the problem.  Can any one help me out?  The SQLCA code and ini
file is below.

PB code:
startupfile = "pds.ini"
/* Populate sqlca from current pds.ini settings */
sqlca.DBMS       = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbms",       "")
sqlca.database   = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "database",   "")
sqlca.userid     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "userid",     "")
sqlca.dbpass     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbpass",     "")
sqlca.servername = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "servername", "")
sqlca.dbparm     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbparm",     "")
connect;

the pds.ini file is as follows:
[SQLCA]
DBMS=ODBC
Database=pds
UserId=dba
Dbpass=sql
ServerName=
DbParm=Connectstring='DSN=pds;UID=dba;PWD=sql'
Prompt=0

Thanks for any help,
Dan

-1
Dan

Web resources about - SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Unable to connect to database server.unable to start database engine. - sybase.powerbuilder.connection