SQL Server 2005 connection using Windows Authentication

is there a way to connect from PB 10.5.1 to SQL Server 2005 using Windows
Authentication?

0
egattu

On security tab, integrated field add "SSPI" in the connection dialog.
Leave user name and password blank.

<egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:468ebb49$1@forums-1-dub...
> is there a way to connect from PB 10.5.1 to SQL Server 2005 using Windows
> Authentication?

0
Tyler

Using ADO to connect to SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (Express and standard) using Windows Authentication
Hi, I apologize in advance if this is an overly simple question or I have simply overlooked the obvious. With the current project (it's client server not n-tier) I'm on, we usually connect using SQL Server authentication. We now have a customer that would like to us to connect to SQL server using Windows Authentication. The customer would like to control all access to SQL server using Active Directory rather than us having the username and password on the client side connecting via SQL Server Authentication. The app is still in D5 (don't ask ;) ), with all t...

Using forms authentication
HiI am writing an internet application that requires forms authentication to login remote usersI also want to connect to sql server using windows authenticationThe question is can Ido this?I thought if I allow IIS anonymous access, create an actual windows account to use for the anonymous access then in web.config, set impersonate = true and authentication mode = formsWill this work Many thanks Windows authentication is not delegatable unless you set up your configuration to use Kerberos.Setting up the anonymous account as a domain account with access to the database and impersonating this...

Using forms authentication but connect to sql server using windows authentication
HiI want to use forms authentication to login to my internet application, but I want to connect to sql server 2000 using windows authentication ( via impersonation of a single windows domain account ) ( Windows 2000 server )Both web server and sql server are running on different machinesCan you tell me the configurations I need to do to allow thisThanks timoth by default the ASP.Net will try to connect with your SQl Server using ASP.Net Services Account. If you are not using a Domain Account for ASp.Net service then you can use Mirrored account i.e. create a local account with same name an...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

Use Custom Service Account for connecting to SQL Server using windows authentication
My web server has IIS 6.0 and is not in my company's domain. I created a virtual drectory for the ASP. NET 2005 application. I am trying to connect to SQL server which is in domain with Windows Authentication. I created a local account on WEB SERVER ex. CustomASP, I assigned it with ASP.NET permissions. Created a new application pool with configurable user the local account and assigned the ASP .NET application to the pool. Now I need to create on SQL Server a login & grant access to the custom service account created (handles the application pool). How am i goin...

Cannot connect to local SQL Server using Vista using Windows Authentication. Please help.
I have made a fresh "default" install of Visual Studio 2008 on a fresh install of Vista 32bit. SQL Server 2005 Express has been installed as part of that process. I can access it using SQL Server Management Studio Express but from within Visual Studio I cannot. If I drag an SQL Data Source control onto a page and configure it to connect to the local server (using Windows Authentication) I get.... Cannot Connect.SQL Server does not allow remote connections.Provider: Named pipes provider, error 40 could not open a connection to SQL Server. Please help I am getting desperate!VWGo...

Error while establishing a connection to the SQL server 2005
Hi, I had an old web application created during asp.net 1.1 and it have a connection problem with the sql server 2005 when it is mirgrated to a new webserver with dotnet framework 2.0 platform. I have enabled the remote access(TCP/IP and named pipes) in sql server 2005, did all the neccessary things, check whether the TCP/IP is enabled, named pipe is enabled...  I created another web application using VS 2005. The database connection works perfectly well.This are the connectionString from the old web application.<appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString" value=...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

How to get and use token from Identity using Windows Authentication to connect to SQL 2005 from ASP.NET 2.0
The web server and SQL server are on 2 different servers in the same domain.  It may be the same server when the files get pushed to production.  I have set up IIS to use Integrated Windows Authentication only.  In my web.config file I have the following settings.. <connectionStrings>    <add name="ConnectionStringName" connectionString="Data Source=Servername;Initial Catalog=Databasename;Integrated Security=SSPI"      providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />  </connectionStrings> <authenticat...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, Hi  I think you are trying to connect with remote server using windows authentication mode.Sql won't allow this ,so try to connect with server using sql authentication mode with(username and password)Happy ProgrammingShashi.  Check if this thread on the same discussion can help.http://forums.asp.net/p/1193329/2062685.aspx...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2005 connection using Windows Authentication - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.