Slow PB connection to MSAccessDB in Netware 5.0 When the User has Erase Rights in Netware

We are using a PowerBuilder application and are having some performance
problems related to the Novell Erase privilege.  The Users have Create, Read
& Write privileges.  If we add the Erase Privilege to the users, the initial
connection time changes to 2 minutes instead of 5 seconds.

The Novell NetWare 5.0 server is hosting an Access MDB file that our
PowerBuilder application accesses over the network. Only the MDB is accessed
over the network since the executable and PowerBuilder DLL's are installed
locally on each client. Clients are using the Client32 logon and experience
it on both Win98 and NT workstations. Both server and workstations are using
only IP.

If they remove the Novell Erase privilege from the users' profile, then
performance is fast again in the Powerbuilder App.

Do you know if there are any known issues with a PowerBuilder application
accessing an MDB on a NetWare 5 share with users who have Erase Rights?

0
MGriffith

[...]

Connecting a NetWare 6.5 cluster to NetWare 5.1 volumes on a SAN
Hi there, I am working on a site relocation project where we have multiple NetWare 5.1 servers at the current site and we are moving to a new site where they will be replaced with a NetWare 6.5 cluster. The NetWare 5.1 servers have the data volumes sitting on a SAN (about 2TB) and we were thinking to use the SAN hardware to mirror the LUNs between the two sites. Doing a data copy will take far too long and require too much administration. Once we mirror to the new site and are ready to migrate the servers we would then shutdown the NetWare 5.1 servers (although we would d...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
We would like to upgrade our Netware 5.0 server to Netware 6.5, and I am looking for a plan of attack. Attempts thus far have failed: We have 5.0 on a 38G drive partitioned into several volumes, with another 38G partitioned into a couple of volumes available for other data, and an unused 8G drive. Everything is backed up to tape. We use the server to run Groupwise, and the Netscape enterprise web server also. If I boot the 6.5CD from DOS, it will let me install a new 6.5 server. Not what I want. If I mount it in NW5.0, and use the GUI to install it, it fails with...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. I would patch NW50 to the latest SP. Then run the deployment manager from the NetWare 6.5 CD. It will give you an idea what will be needed on your current servers. Good Luck. <phil.bec@culture.gov.uk> wrote in message news:9tPVb.4154$6M5.1896@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order > to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. > Use the deployment manager to verify system levels. Also download the...

Netware 6.5 and netware 5.0
Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can I do this, and what is the best procedure ? Do I need to update the 5.0 servers (Patches, DS. nlms). I am not going to install Edirectory on the 5.0 servers - don't think I can anyway. Do I need to extend the schema on the existing 5.0 servers before introducing 6.5 servers and Edir 8.7 into this tree ? , > Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two > 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can ...

Netware 5.0 sp6.0a to Netware 6.5 sp6.0 migration
When verifying my migration project the Novell Migration Wizart version 8.1.5 I get the following error. File 'SYS:INSTALL' on BHS_SERVER was not found. --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- Network error: Path invalid (Error code: 0X899c Function Name: NWGetEffectiveRightsExt) I have gone through all of the pre-migration steps and everything checks out fine up until this poing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- roberteleejr Check the following document on general migration recommendations; http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Migration_W...

Oracle 8.0.5 and PB 5.0.04 connection
Hi All! My company wants to migrate to Oracle 8.0.5 but we will have PB 5.0.04 apps running on Win95 and NT clients. PB 5.0.04 contains only beta version of PBOR8050.dll which I would not like to use (we are talking thousands of users worlwide). Technote 47630 does not offer anything for Oracle 8.0.5. So, is there PB native driver (non beta) for PB 5.0.04 to talk to Oracle 8.0.5 ? Thank you No. But you can use the O73 driver, aslong as you don't need any specific Oracle8 functionality -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Gary Vashkulat wrote in me...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 migration
My corporation recently acquired a company with a single Netware 5.0 server. We have already installed a new Netware 6.5 server at their location that is part of our global eDirectory tree. Their old NW 5.0 server is on its own indepentent tree. What is the best method to migrate their users, groups, data, trustees, and printers to our global tree. We have already created a container for them in our global tree. I looked at the SCMT tool from Novell but I think it is designed to migrate/upgrade servers that are in the same tree. Any suggestions besides a manual creation of user...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000. This server is alone on my tree. I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2. What is the best method ? Thanks for answer Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy France You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the Migration Wizard. No SP's at all on the 5.0 server? That is rare indeed. Also, how many users on this server and how much data? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Hello, config.txt give this : Novell NetWare 5.00...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration wizard on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e. have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with edir/nds?) Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks John, > My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to...

Web resources about - Slow PB connection to MSAccessDB in Netware 5.0 When the User has Erase Rights in Netware - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...