Share same Sybase connection with 2 PB app

Hi,

Somebody knows if can I share the same database connection (SQLCA) between 2
Powerbuilder applications without use any distributed server?
I tried some kind of DLL or command for SET the DBHandle() to another SQLCA,
but I didnt find that.

Thanks,
Vinicius

0
Vinicius

PB app won't connect until I connect externally
I have a PB app that won't connect to its database until I connect to a database (can be any database) in the PB development environment. Once I do that, the app connects to the DB just fine. And, I can connect to *any* DB in the PB development environment, doesn't have to be the one the app uses. And, I don't have to still be connected to a DB. I just have to make a DB connection at least once before trying to run the app. The app can't connect whether I'm running it in the debugger or as a compiled app (pbd or machine code). This seems to suggest my ...

not connected when I am connected

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

PB connection to Cold Fusion app #2
Does anybody know how to open and get a handle of Cold Fusion app (or any other WEB app for that matter) that is called from Powerbuilder. I tried Handle(iinet_base) and it returns 0. I also need to keep track of CF application and know when user closes/exits it so I can continue with PB app. I am working with Powerbuilder Application that needs to call Cold Fusion App, send parameters to it, and when done with Cold Fusion app send parameters back to Powerbuilder. I need for this two apps to interact. I was able to open CF from PB and send parameters with this code: //Connect ...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

PB App/ASE 11.9.2 Connection
All, Here is my situation, when I run the pb application through powerbuilder, it runs okay. But when I run through the build application( executable ), it always point to QA database. I want the application run against TEST databse. I have try changing the app.ini file but it doesn't work. Any suggestion, I appreciated. Check your path settings. Unless an absolute path is given for the INI file in the application, it may be finding one in another location before the one you are expecting. Check: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft \Windows\CurrentV...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Sorry, is the the correct place to post my question? any TeamSybase member can help? Thanks Tony I thin...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

How to Enable DB Connection Pooling in PB 10.5, connecting to ASA 9.0.2 DB
Hi, What should be parameter for enabling connection pooling in Powerbuilder 10.5, I want to connect to ASA 9.0.2 database through its ODBC driver. Ravi Nath There is no inherent connection pooling for the ASA odbc driver. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to medium sized business environments for free! ...

Get connection from connection cache ??? #2
Hi, I am do all the setting for the connection cache and can look up the connection from JNDI space by : DataSource ds = (javax.sql.DataSource) nameCntxt.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myAlias2DB"); Connection con = ds.getConnection(); Do it mean that I can get connection from the connection cache ??? when I close the con, the connection will be released ??? Thanks in Advanced !!! Answers inline... -- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. "Penny" <penny167169la@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fdHbgpvLBHA.202@forums.s...

Connection Sharing #2
this is from my cousin - he's having problems and can't post himself _____________________________________________ im currently using microsofts's home networking on two machines at home, until recently both machines had windows ME and i had no problems with it. i have now switched the client PC to windows 98 second edition and although the network is functional (i.e. i can transfer files) i cannot share the internet connection as i could before, can you please help me to do so? things which may help you in your answer: none of the settings on the host machine have ch...

Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection.
Name: George Ginsburg Email: ginsburgattiacdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection. Comments: When I simply bring up Firefox, I get the following or similar messages which come from my security monitor on outgoing message requests: first: "firefox-bin wants to connect to static-fxfeeds.nslb.sj.mozilla.com on TCP port 80 (http)," second: (typical) firefox-bin wants to connect to 130.94.77.118 on TCP port 443 (https)," third type: paraphr...

Web resources about - Share same Sybase connection with 2 PB app - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...