Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version

I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in
powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message
which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource'
0
Ershad

Ershad,

Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest
set of drivers is available at:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\

Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except
the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db?

Sanjiv.

<Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message
>I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in
> powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message
> which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource'

0
Sanjiv
    I am creating a user dsn in odbc administartor in
windows and the driver i am using for that is microsoft odbc
for oracle.and i am creating database profile in
powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version in ODB ODBC section using
that dsn as data source for that profile.when i am testing
the connection i am getting the below mentioned error.i want
to know what is the difference between desktop and
professional or enterprise editions.can we connect to oracle
using desktop version or is it limited to specific drivers
please let me know

> Ershad,
>
> Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC
> drivers? The latest  set of drivers is available at:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\

> Could you also please post the attributes of the
> transaction object (except  the password) that you use to
> try and connect to the oracle db?
>
> Sanjiv.
>

> <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message
> >I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in
> > powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error
> > message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource'

0
Ershad
12/2/2004 9:28:31 AM
The desktop version only supports odbc connections to "desktop" databases.
I'm not certain that this includes Oracle.  Below is a link to the document
that briefly identifies the differences between PB versions.

http://www.sybase.com/content/1023854/PowerBuilder_9.0_Family_Feature_Matrix_V3.pdf

> Hi,
>     I am creating a user dsn in odbc administartor in
> windows and the driver i am using for that is microsoft odbc
> for oracle.and i am creating database profile in
> powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version in ODB ODBC section using
> that dsn as data source for that profile.when i am testing
> the connection i am getting the below mentioned error.i want
> to know what is the difference between desktop and
> professional or enterprise editions.can we connect to oracle
> using desktop version or is it limited to specific drivers
> please let me know
>
> > Ershad,
> >
> > Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC
> > drivers? The latest  set of drivers is available at:
> >

> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\
> >
> > Could you also please post the attributes of the
> > transaction object (except  the password) that you use to
> > try and connect to the oracle db?
> >
> > Sanjiv.
> >

> > <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message
> > >I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in
> > > powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error
> > > message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource'

0
Scott
12/2/2004 1:31:40 PM
Actually, DESKTOP supports connections using ONLY the drivers that are
included in its install. Only exception to that is when new version of ASA
become available that requires changes to the driver...

"Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote in message
> The desktop version only supports odbc connections to "desktop" databases.
> I'm not certain that this includes Oracle.  Below is a link to the
> document
> that briefly identifies the differences between PB versions.
>
> http://www.sybase.com/content/1023854/PowerBuilder_9.0_Family_Feature_Matrix_V3.pdf
>
> <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>     I am creating a user dsn in odbc administartor in
>> windows and the driver i am using for that is microsoft odbc
>> for oracle.and i am creating database profile in
>> powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version in ODB ODBC section using
>> that dsn as data source for that profile.when i am testing
>> the connection i am getting the below mentioned error.i want
>> to know what is the difference between desktop and
>> professional or enterprise editions.can we connect to oracle
>> using desktop version or is it limited to specific drivers
>> please let me know
>>
>> > Ershad,
>> >
>> > Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC
>> > drivers? The latest  set of drivers is available at:
>> >

>> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\
>> >
>> > Could you also please post the attributes of the
>> > transaction object (except  the password) that you use to
>> > try and connect to the oracle db?
>> >
>> > Sanjiv.
>> >

>> > <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message

0
Chris

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Checking the status oracle connection PB9.0 Oracle 9i(9.2.0.50) Lost connection problem (LAN and WAN)
Cheers to all. We want to know if there is a way to get the status of the connection with oracle databse (online way), we use native driver for Oracle9i. Some times we get some lan and wan problems that produce small lost connection in seconds, but we dont any action that describe the success problem. we need to put some code in the application that help us to know the exactly moment when these happen to take some decision something loke a monitor tool. we appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance Eduardo Primera from: Venezuela ...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Problems connecting ASA 9.0.0 on SuSE 9.0
Hi, I found several threads about this, but it's still not running :-( What's working: - all IP-connections are OK with IP-address and host-name - the db-server is starting: I. 03/28 00:36:31. Database server started at Sun Mar 28 2004 00:36 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start SharedMemory link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. SharedMemory link started successfully I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start TCPIP link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting TCP listener on IP address 0.0.0.0:2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting on port 2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Looking for serve...

PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 version
Hi, We have a customer who have among 40 legacy systems in PowerBuilder 7 and using Oracle8i, release 8.1.7.4.0. Now their database's team want to upgrade their database to the version 9.2.0.8.0 of Oracle, but before this we need to know if the version 7 of PowerBuilder can work with Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 Somebody know if is it possible? Hi Leonardo; 1) WOW ... O9i is no longer supported by Oracle. Why would they want to use that obsolete DB software? 2) I believe that PB 7 only supported 8i - so you would have to stay with that OCI level. The O8i interface should still ...

How to connect PowerBuilder to Oracle 11g and which PB version suppports oracle 11g?
Hi All, Please tell me how to connect PowerBuilder to Oracle 11g and which PB version suppports oracle 11g? Currently i am using Power Builder version 9. Thanks Mukul Hi Mukul; FYI: PB version 11.5 and higher has support for the new native O11g driver. You can still use older versions of PB that use the O10g driver over to 11g - but, you will be restricted to 10g functionality. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "mukul" <mukul.trivedi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3f291629-08c6-446a-8c81...

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

PB Version to connect to Oracle Client 9.2.0.6.0
Does PB 8.0 can work ok connected to Oracle Client 9.2.0.6.0? Which build do I need? There was a document in Sybase site but I can=b4t find it. Thanks in advance It's still available in the Google cache: http://tinyurl.com/ckbow Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation <Marcelo Dias> wrote in message news:43bbb05c.5fea.1681692777@sybase.com... Does PB 8.0 can work ok connected to Oracle Client 9.2.0.6.0? Which build do I need? There was a document in Sybase site but I can�t find it. Thanks in advance ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 database connectivity
I am looking for a list of servers that PowerBuilder 7.0 supports. In particular, if PB7.0 supports Oracle 8-I. Also, if PB7 support SQLServer 7.0 and Oracle 8.1.5? Are there patches to support these databases? In the PB 7 evaluationCD, we only get SQLServer 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 maximum. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael Noche You would use the same drivers as you received with the eval; however, support for Oracle and Microsoft is somewhat rolling... that is as 8.1.6 is released for instance, the Oracle 8 driver in PowerBuilder is enhanced to work with t...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Connecting to PVCS from Powerbuilder 9.0
Hi, We have migrated our application from PB 6.5 -> PB 9.0.2 Now in PVCS, a new project is created in one centralized server and all the PB 9.0 Objects are moved under that project. Now in order to check in /check out, we need to connect to that server in powerbuilder 9.0.2 GUI. Can anyone tell the procedure or ways to connect to that server and do the check out/check in Powerbuilder 9.0. Also how about the working pbl concept. can we check out the object to working pbl? Any help is greatly appreciated Kavitha <Kavitha> wrote in message news:42440461.5284....

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

hints expression oracle 9.0 in Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello cheers to all. I got this sql from Orable 9.0, we need to put a hint expression in this sql to improve the performance on the execution of the sql, well i dont know if this run fine in sql embeded, because this expression use /* */ operator, like the following example. In powerbuilde these operators are used to put comments in the script.. SELECT /* + INDEX ("CB_MOV_PAG" "CB_MOV_PAG1") */ sum ("CB_MOV_DET"."MON_PAG") FROM "CB_MOV_DET", "CB_MOV_PAG" WHERE ( "CB_MOV_DET"."COD_CIA"...

Web resources about - Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles