powerbuilder database connections

I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to
start, server not found"

When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive
these errors:
unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL
could not load interface for specified database

Please help

Stephane

0
Stephane

In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says...
>> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive
>> these errors:
>> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL
>> could not load interface for specified database

Stephane,

Check to see that you have the runtime file installed (\PB5I32DK or
\PB5DK directories.)  Also, make sure you have the appropriate path
setting to the Powersoft (\PWRS) directory and that you have chosen to
install the specific database interfaces when you installed PB.  Run
setup again and make sure you select ODBC and any native drivers that you
wish to access.
--
Andy Turiansky [TeamPS]
Team Powersoft

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

PowerBuilder 10 Database connection
Hello, In my previouos topic I wrote: Hi, > > I have PB 10.5 and ORA 9.2 installed on Citrix MetaFrame > server. > > Even though when I open database profile and hit 'Test > Connection' button I get 'Connection Successful' message, > there is, in fact, no connection. No tables are visible, the > datawindows won't retrieve the data. I can, however, connect > to ORACLE DB using ORACLE SQLPlus. PBO90105.dll and > PBO10105.dll are in place... > > What am I missing? Well, the funny part is - the 'Connection Successfu...

powerbuilder 4 and database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Note: trying to access Watcom 4.0 database, and Access 97 database Please help Stephane In article <gsdG7#XL9GA.178@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> >> When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following >> error messages: >> >> Stephane, See my reply to your message in the otehr news...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Connection from PowerBuilder
I tried a connection to a server NT with ASA 6.0 from a client with PowerBuilder 5.003 or 6.5 via ODBC drivers and I have this message error : sqlstate=S0801 [SYBASE] ODBC Driver [Adaptative Server Anywhere] communication link failure : communication error. Any suggestions ? Gilles ARNAL. ...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database
Dear guys! I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny dannj@hotmail.com tharakans@hotmail.com ...

connect by powerbuilder
I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your current installation " how I do to solve it ? I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . thank you! devid wrote... > I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it > by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your > current installation " > > how I do to solve it ? > > I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . This mea...

Powerbuilder connection
Guys need some help with this. We have a powerbuilder app which runs against 8.1.7 database on win. nt 4.0. Power builder is 7.0.3 version. Every other day I see either hungup apllication or ora-03113 end of file on communication channel oracle message. Any help from any body. There are lots of things that can cause ORA-03113 errors, many not having to do with PB at all. It's difficult to tell what the problem might be without more information though. For example, Oracle technote 1003596.6 indicates that: What does ORA-03113 "end-of-file on communication channel&quo...

Web resources about - powerbuilder database connections - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles