Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn

Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
application talking to sql 2000 database.

Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
details
[Database]
DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
ServerName=TestServer
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL

In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
Please suggest

[Database]
DBMS=ODBC
AutoCommit=true
Database=pubs
Lock=RL

In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
the datasource

The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
I launch the application, I get following error

SQLState: 28000
SQL Server Error: 18452
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
for user.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection

It asks for user id and password.
What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
Please help
0
kavitha

Are you launching the application exe on the same PC that it runs okay from the
IDE?  This may have something to do with authentication to the domain that the
server is on...

On 3 Jun 2004 03:37:22 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
 <kavitha> wrote:
>Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
>application talking to sql 2000 database.
>
>Our applications has a ini file which includes the following
>details
>[Database]
>DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
>ServerName=TestServer
>AutoCommit=true
>Database=pubs
>Lock=RL
>
>In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these.
>Please suggest
>
>[Database]
>DBMS=ODBC
>AutoCommit=true
>Database=pubs
>Lock=RL
>
>In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
>the datasource
>

>The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But  when
>I launch the application, I get following error
>
>SQLState: 28000
>SQL Server Error: 18452
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
>for user.
>Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER connection
>
>It asks for user id and password.
>What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
>Please help

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]
0
Andy
6/6/2004 3:08:53 PM
Hi ,

I launch the application from Powerbuilder itself on the
same pC . I am not launching the exe.
When I launch the application,
It prompts SQL Server login screen. other than application
login screen.

> Are you launching the application exe on the same PC that
> it runs okay from the IDE?  This may have something to do
> with authentication to the domain that the server is on...
>

> On 3 Jun 2004 03:37:22 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
>  <kavitha> wrote:
> >Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1
> >application talking to sql 2000 database.
> >
> >Our applications has a ini file which includes the
> following >details
> >[Database]
> >DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
> >ServerName=TestServer
> >AutoCommit=true
> >Database=pubs
> >Lock=RL
> >
> >In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than
> these. >Please suggest
> >
> >[Database]
> >DBMS=ODBC
> >AutoCommit=true
> >Database=pubs
> >Lock=RL
> >
> >In powerbuilder the profile is created  using odbc dsn as
> >the datasource
> >

> >The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But
> when >I launch the application, I get following error
> >
> >SQLState: 28000
> >SQL Server Error: 18452
> >[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login
> failed >for user.
> >Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL SERVER
> connection >
> >It asks for user id and password.
> >What script should be coded in powerbuilder 6.5.1 code.?
> >Please help
>

> Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]
0
kavitha

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

to connect pb 6.5.1 to SQL SERVER 2000???
how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Your only options are the native and odbc interfaces. Aside from not supporting any new features, the native interface should work without any problems. "JORGE" <george_ariza@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zZ1ex8vlCHA.259@forums.sybase.com... > > how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

How connect PB 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000 with ODBC
Hi: I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with a ODBC connection, but they return this message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range How i can do it? Thanks -- Francisco L�pez Keyhelp, S.L. Departamento de desarrollo PB 6.5 is too old as it's ODBC driver handshake is out-of-date compared to the one provided by Microsoft. "Keyhelp" <keyhelpNOSPAM@keyhelp(dot)net> wrote in message news:4369f838@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with...

Connecting to MS Sql server 2000 thru PowerBuilder 5.0
We're connecting to MS Sql server 6.5 from PowerBuilder 5.0 using a Native driver. We want to upgrade to MS Sql server 2000. Does the native driver in PB 5.0 for MS Sql Server 6.5 support MS Sql server 2000 also ?? If not , whether Sybase provide a native driver to connect MS Sql server 2000 from PB 5.0 ?? Thanks & Regards, Ravi. No, neither SQL7 nor SQL2000 is supported from PB5. Some people have got SQL7 to work (don't know about 2000), but mostly it won't, certainly for us it wouldn't. The best thing to do is try it and see whether you get problems w...

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles