PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0

Hi,

        I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if
I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not
work if I am connected to MS SQL Server!
The code is something like:

int li_total

Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total;

I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the
same code will work fine with SQL Anywere!

Any help would be great!!

0
John

Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax.  Maybe something
that works in SQL Anywhere.  Anyway, it should be:
Select count(*) into :li_total from sfref;

Simon

John Holben wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>
>        I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine
if
>I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not
>work if I am connected to MS SQL Server!
>The code is something like:
>
>int li_total
>
>Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total;
>
>I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the
>same code will work fine with SQL Anywere!
>
>Any help would be great!!

0
Simon

Could you please send me your connection parameters?
We are trying to connect with MS SQL 7.0 from PB 6.0/6.5 via ODBC, but with
every SELECT statement we get an error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range.

Thanks in advance

0
Darek
10/27/1998 8:52:27 AM
I have found similar problems to you all. I am hoping it is a bug in Beta 3
of SQL server 7.0 ODBC Driver. Something to do with it getting its data
types in a twist. I have been using the MSS SQL server 6.x interface to test
with.

0
Clive
10/27/1998 6:03:59 PM
I'm getting the same error.   If anyone has the resolution to this, I would
greatly appreciate it?  It seems that some people are able to work with 7.0
based on their comments.
TIA

Darek Rzesiowski wrote in message <7sL7f1XA#GA.288@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Hi,
>
>Could you please send me your connection parameters?
>We are trying to connect with MS SQL 7.0 from PB 6.0/6.5 via ODBC, but with
>every SELECT statement we get an error:
>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range.
>
>Thanks in advance

0
Larry

Chinese became chaos code on PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0
I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0, I keyed in Chinese data when Chinese became chaos code on display. I preview or print out also got the chaos code. I used OLE DB to link with SQL server 7.0 Please give me comment to fix it. -- Best Regards Wong Tat Ming Tel: 25235090 Email: tmwong@diagnostix.com.hk You need the Unicode versions of these.... PB 10.0 or higher plus SS2005 will get you to full Unicode compatibility. "chu" <chuchoy@msn.com> wrote in message news:4588d7be$1@forums-1-dub... > I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null...